New Clash Guernsey Vote on AFC website

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, but the sentiment still stands.

We have worn about half a dozen jumpers in as many years. At ANY point during that time the club could have gone to the fans and this could have been rectified years ago.

But we have stubbornly persisted with redesigning guernseys at an average of just under one a year, hoping we'll finally nail it.

It's embarrassing.

The choices they make are pretty av at times but its a marketing excercise. They arent going to adopt an away/clash jumper in these times for 5+ years. All clubs that bother to have a proper clash jumper tinker with them constantly.

It also allows us to keep the home jumper untouched.

And then to add insult to injury they come up with these incredible piece of s**t designs and ask us to vote for them.

Anybody who voted for the murder of crows design should be checked into a clinic for mental evaluation.

It looks like five year old vomited a packet of Skittles on a white singlet.

I have just migrated from Fb to here noting that you guys have been pushing for the Kraft, mulligrub etc guernsey. And I would like to say a huge congrats to all your efforts and I wish there was a way we could post on the AFC wall like last year, but I think they took it down because everyone was abusing everyone else when we lost and it got out of hand etc etc. I really like the mulligrub design think its fantastic. I'll be loving it if one of the Big footy designs gets through as I think they must have absolute 'W****s' working down there at the club ? I mean you guys do it for the love, not the money, and thats what we need. Im all for a competetion where members can enter thier own designs, clearly its a no-brainer. Don't know what the issue is down at Footy park, time to work out where they should put thier money and its not in thier graphic designers thats for sure

The choices they make are pretty av at times but its a marketing excercise. They arent going to adopt an away/clash jumper in these times for 5+ years. All clubs that bother to have a proper clash jumper tinker with them constantly.

It also allows us to keep the home jumper untouched.

But surely you aim to keep it for more than 12 or 24 months.

That is on average how long ours have lasted.

How many away strips have Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon had?

And then to add insult to injury they come up with these incredible piece of s**t designs and ask us to vote for them.

Anybody who voted for the murder of crows design should be checked into a clinic for mental evaluation.

It looks like five year old vomited a packet of Skittles on a white singlet.
And yet somehow it's still better than:

Adelaide_Crows_logo.png

But surely you aim to keep it for more than 12 or 24 months.

That is on average how long ours have lasted.

How many away strips have Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon had?

We've had two since 08, which is about the norm.

Collingwood and essendon are the exception, they chose not to bother really.

Thanks, but the sentiment still stands.

We have worn about half a dozen jumpers in as many years. At ANY point during that time the club could have gone to the fans and this could have been rectified years ago.

But we have stubbornly persisted with redesigning guernseys at an average of just under one a year, hoping we'll finally nail it.

It's embarrassing.

I completely agree and that is why I have been so passionate about this cause.

I want us to come to a decision we all can be proud of with a true clash guernsey we can keep for many years to come.

By the way, it turns out the emails I sent the club all cut out after the social media paragraph neglecting to address what I believe to be some of the most important points. I've hassled them enough for one week so hopefully it still ends up making its way to them.

We've had two since 08, which is about the norm.

Collingwood and essendon are the exception, they chose not to bother really.

Two since 08, but five since 2005.

That's correct folks. We've worn five different away jumpers in seven years.

That's a joke. And don't give me marketing. It's still a joke.

And Collingwood and Essendon don't bother because they believe their strips stand for something. It's called tradition, something we will sorely lack if we continue down this path.

Two since 08, but five since 2005.

That's correct folks. We've worn five different away jumpers in seven years.

That's a joke. And don't give me marketing. It's still a joke.

Really of all the things to complain about.... :rolleyes: Its a clash jumper. I could care less if we changed it every year... and thats where its heading.

And yes, its marketing. Or money to be more accurate, something new to flog. New jumper = new sales. Rinse and repeat, like just about every other sport in the world.

Interesting that they have received over 380 designs.......who are these 378 'other' people. And it makes me think they will only 'skim' over the Kraft and Mullygrub design ......

And Collingwood and Essendon don't bother because they believe their strips stand for something. It's called tradition, something we will sorely lack if we continue down this path.

Which is why aside from manufacturer changes we havent touched the home jumper since day 1, and seek to wear it at every opportunity. The clash jumper is a money spinner. Wake up.

Collingwood home is a black jumper with white stripes.
Collingwood clash is a white jumper with black stripes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ps - "manufacturer changes"

That's laughable.

You don't change your traditional strip for anyone. Not least of all a sponsor. I don't care how minor the changes are.

Collingwood have made 5 changes to their strip since 05 to suit what the manufacturer is doing.

That's a mischievous claim - they were not delineable changes.

Unfortunately for us, our jumpers use side panels, which means we dont get the hoops going all the way around.

Exactly my point. Get a different manufacturer.

Didnt they change largely from a white base to a black one coinciding with their move to adidas as sponsor?

I wouldn't mind an explanation on the manufacturer issue.

We had hoops all the way around with Adidas in the premiership years, then Fila, then Russell Athletic.

Then back to Adidas in 2006, and with it comes blue side bars. Why?

I would say because of Adidas experimenting with their templates for no reason. Look at Collingwood's shoulder panels on their clash, and their pointless flecks of colour on the sides on both jumpers. Look at Essendon's collar and how it interferes with their sash. Remember the bib jumper with all the pointless curves? All examples of Adidas's interference.

Hopefully with the change of manufacturer next season, we should get the full hoops back. Puma's template should allow us to get our full hoops back.

I wouldn't mind an explanation on the manufacturer issue.

We had hoops all the way around with Adidas in the premiership years, then Fila, then Russell Athletic.

Then back to Adidas in 2006, and with it comes blue side bars. Why?

I thought it had something to do with Adidas updating their 'technology' in terms of what the guernsey was made of, therefore their base guernsey, which each individual team would then colour etc according to taste, had them.

I would say because of Adidas experimenting with their templates for no reason. Look at Collingwood's shoulder panels on their clash, and their pointless flecks of colour on the sides on both jumpers. Look at Essendon's collar and how it interferes with their sash. Remember the bib jumper with all the pointless curves? All examples of Adidas's interference.

Hopefully with the change of manufacturer next season, we should get the full hoops back. Puma's template should allow us to get our full hoops back.

At least stick up for us and say that Collingwood has a perfectly functional clash jumper Doc. Two in fact. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back