News New Contracts - Boak, Mead, DBJ

Remove this Banner Ad

We have learnt nothing

3 years to a panic merchant defender

2 years to a bloke with no pace.

nothing ruthless about us, weak as piss club nowadays, vanilla.

never make any tough decisions, very disappointing
Add another year to a geriatric who sprays the ball from arsehole to breakfast when it matters.

Happy for Mead to receive another 2 years. I think he's got potential. Also happy with Boak for another year as he provides much more than just on game day.

I don't understand the signing of DBJ for another 3 years though. He fumbles, panics, loses too many 1 on 1 contests, sprays disposals and makes poor decisions.

What is it that the club sees with DBJ? It must see something that we don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mead is fine, next year there's clearly a bunch of players more likely to be delisted before him. Williams, Jackson, Dumont, Frederick and Teakle, Plus Jonas, Boak or McKenzie could retire. Hayes could be traded, etc.

The biggest issue is clearly DBJ. They are watching a completely different player to the unaccountable, lacking intensity, horrible aerially, clanger king that is DBJ. Next year if we're serious he should be a fringe player, and when we're fit he should be playing SANFL. Burgoyne, Houston, Bonner, Burton, Jones, even Bergman all should be ahead of him for a backline role. Just crazy he'd get 3.

Last edited:
Not happy with the length of DBJs contract but I'm always happier when they deals get made after a poor season rather than a good season - means their bargaining power was low and they won't be on as high a wage. Sounds like he's taken security over $$.

Frederick, Dumont and McEntee the last three standing now
Hopefully one year for Dumont and we cut the other two.

Realistically though I'm sure McEntee will be clogging our list for one more year. His C+ games in dead rubber ten goal thrashings to close the year will be good enough to 'earn' him another contract.

Hopefully one year for Dumont and we cut the other two.

Realistically though I'm sure McEntee will be clogging our list for one more year. His C+ games in dead rubber ten goal thrashings to close the year will be good enough to 'earn' him another contract.
Will be the usual 'let's see how trade week goes' before we retain all of them because we pissed up any chance of getting anyone good because we kept donuts.

“Well, well well. Looks like Darcy Byrne-Jones signed for 3! Might just take a jaunt over to BigFootball”

E71D7F77-35BE-49F6-BADD-43C0FF8FD76F.gif

I have no problem with Boak and Mead, but I hope with that ridiculous 3 year extension for DBJ the club isn't setting us up for more of kern, because as already suggested another poor season and a new coach in 2024 could see him spend a lot of time in the snafl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back