News New deals for Fort, Z. Guthrie, Jarvis, Narkle & Okunbor

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to give zuth a year.
I've always liked his style. But at the same time I've felt he can get knocked off the ball and would never build size.
And then I saw the pick of him and cam after the prelim.

The kid is big. Now it comes down to how he handles the smashing around congestion.

I hope he has put on the size.

He's a whipping boy here, like his brother Cam was, but he only lacks the size in his body. I think he's actually good at footy and will be good should he get his body big.

I hope he has put on the size.

He's a whipping boy here, like his brother Cam was, but he only lacks the size in his body. I think he's actually good at footy and will be good should he get his body big.
Someone here will be able to find the pic I'm referring to.
I useless at that stuff.

Someone here will be able to find the pic I'm referring to.
I useless at that stuff.

Even with the jacket on, you can tell he's bulked up

Here's Zach in the gym:

1606283804483.jpeg

And here he is in a game:

Also, when will Okubor get games? I wanna see him play.

Don't we all? I have seen more of him at training than in games but he has some attributes. In a handicap run he finished all over the middle of the pack. maybe they mis-judged his starting possie but when he is still charging at the end of the run it says a lot to me. Size (perfect for a 190cm? player). Covers the ground very efficiently and has some handy acceleration.

But a major injury is a problem. Not having on field game time to work on the 3D full body contact stuff is a bigger problem.

The fact he is still on the list suggests GFC feel there is enough there to pass on a pick 60 and press on with his development. One more year is a good move I think.

Just another thing the club sees as none of our business I think. They just release them now because of the list lodgement it is public knowledge anyway at this point.
Or the club is looking at this as an ideal time for releasing this info - during the finals the club may have been keeping the focus on the team as a whole & how far they could go, rather than any individual at that time

Then during the recent trade period, the public seemed a bit more focused on who may be coming to the club, plus with the media speculation around the future of Menegola, the club may have thought it would be fun to let the media run with that story and then shoot it down by announcing his re-signing once trade time is over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BC has said many of the re-signings were completed weeks. Must be some perceived benefit in releasing them in this delayed fashion.

Surprised Fort got two years and Zuthrie - well, say no more.
It wouldn't surprise me if they had agreement in principle given that these are fringe players the movement of a few thousand here or there means a lot more which is why they wait until the CBA was a finalised. And for guys like Narkle it might have been here is our best offer, it will be on the table until you're ready to make a decision to stay or go.

It wouldn't surprise me if they had agreement in principle given that these are fringe players the movement of a few thousand here or there means a lot more which is why they wait until the CBA was a finalised. And for guys like Narkle it might have been here is our best offer, it will be on the table until you're ready to make a decision to stay or go.
My recollection is BC indicated some of the contracts had been finalised weeks ago but the public release had been held off. Haven't refreshed my memory by listening again.

My impression is Narkle's contract was delayed until there was clarification on player numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back