Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

QB: Jarrett Stidham
RB: Damien Harris
WR: N'Keal Harry, Jakobi Meyers
TE: Devin Asiasi, Dalton Keene

I'm starting to feel somewhat optimistic about the above-mentioned group of young players and, if some players from the UDFA crop, namely Will Hastings (WR), J.J Taylor (RB) and Jeff Thomas (WR) put their best foot forward and develop chemistry with Stidham, with the best coaching staff in the NFL, there's no reason to believe an exciting and expedited rebuild can't take place.

ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss confirms Jarrett Stidham is the "leading candidate" to be the Patriots' starting quarterback this season.
The Patriots continue to pass on all other options, the latest being Andy Dalton, who signed a bargain-basement deal to back up Dak Prescott. Cam Newton remains on the market, but he has not been seriously connected to Bill Belichick's squad. Stidham is just the Pats' third-highest drafted quarterback since 2014 but something he did as a rookie clearly earned Belichick's trust. Three months shy of his 24th birthday, Stidham is an unknown commodity after he had a strong 2017 at Auburn followed by a down 2018.
SOURCE: ESPN
May 3, 2020, 10:05 AM ET

He's 100% toast as a player imo but on an incentive based contract there is no risk whatsoever. Happy to see he's getting a chance somewhere tho. 👍

New England Patriots QB Cam Newton's former offensive coordinator, Norv Turner, told Patriots head coach Bill Belichick that Newton was a great fit. 'My whole deal is, when Cam was healthy, and we were there with him [in 2018], we were 6-2,' Turner said. 'His issue was more health than anything else, and from what I understand, I don't think these are health issues that he can't overcome. He's had the time off now. I think he'll be great.'

Nice to hear norv go into bat for him.

Will be very interesting to see if they stick with a similar offense that they had with Brady or if they go In a completely different direction. Cam can make the three step drop quick throws at a decent clip, maybe not win the precision or ability to read a defense at the LOS like Brady could but his accuracy isn't as terrible as people like to make out over that 5-15 yard distance.

I'm far more concerned about his "deep ball"....just doesn't seem to have it anymore after the two surgeries.

Will be very interesting to see if they stick with a similar offense that they had with Brady or if they go In a completely different direction. Cam can make the three step drop quick throws at a decent clip, maybe not win the precision or ability to read a defense at the LOS like Brady could but his accuracy isn't as terrible as people like to make out over that 5-15 yard distance.

I'm far more concerned about his "deep ball"....just doesn't seem to have it anymore after the two surgeries.
Imagine they'll retain some concepts and add Newton strength wrinkles. Mind you, it won't matter because if the NFL is going full SJW, I won't be watching.

I reckon McDaniel would have already been up into his attic and dragged out his Broncos " Tim Tebow Play Book ".

I suspect that it's going to look very different, but one thing that is for sure is that, it will be what ever Bill wants it to be that season, that game that quarter it changes so quickly and morphs into something new depending who they are playing.

Belichick is a chameleon and thats a big part of the secret to his success.

We plebs have no way of guessing / knowing what BB will do and neither will most of the opposition coaches that face him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ESPN's Field Yates reports the Patriots have reached settlements in their Antonio Brown and Aaron Hernandez grievances.
The settlements recoup the Pats $4 million in salary cap space from Brown and $2.55 million from Hernandez. They have now shot up from under $500,000 in space to $7.794 million. Slowly but surely, Brown is clearing the deck of various legal issues.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
Jul 11, 2020, 12:39 PM ET

Sounds like our QBs are gonna be a problem for us in 2020. Which is understandable after Tom left, impossible to replace a similar output of a HOFer

ESPN's Mike Reiss believes none of the Patriots' quarterbacks have "flashed" in summer practice so far.
Reiss, understandably, thinks that "helps Cam Newton the most." Jarrett Stidham has thrown six interceptions through four practices. Newton has earned raves for the positive energy he has brought to the practice field and locker room, but he also has little to work with in the Pats' passing game. Even if Newton gets all the way back to 100 percent health, his lack of weapons will be a concern in fantasy.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Mike Reiss on Twitter
Aug 20, 2020, 7:20 PM ET

ESPN's Mike Reiss has charted Patriots QB Jarrett Stidham as throwing six interceptions through the team's first four practices.
In other words, "yikes." Cam Newton's signing supposedly had "nothing to do" with Stidham, but the second-year fourth-rounder was going to have to put on a show to challenge his veteran teammate this summer, and it is not happening. Even with Newton apparently not popping in practice, Stidham seems to have little chance at beating him out.
SOURCE: Mike Reiss on Twitter
Aug 20, 2020, 6:58 PM ET

Patriots K Justin Rohrwasser has been "erratic" at practice.
Without an oncoming rush, the rookie kicker hit one from 50 yards, then yanked two kicks way left, per beat writers. Rohrwasser went 2-for-4 on the "skinny" field goal posts in a full team setting. Maybe he's still getting used to kicking without the white nationalist tattoos he had removed in July. Rohrwasser could be a decent fantasy option if Cam Newton and the New England offense can maintain positive game script in 2020.
SOURCE: Zack Cox on Twitter.
Aug 23, 2020, 3:56 PM ET

Stidham injured before Cam? 😳 ....2020 ladies and gentlemen!
The job is Cam’s to lose ... no way Hoyer beats him out. If he’s physically able to of course..will be interesting to see

Remove this Banner Ad

Back