Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been prepared for TB to retire for the past couple of years, the idea of him playing for another team just doesn’t feel right.

I’ve been a Pats fan for 15 years, I literally don’t know any other way than being Tom Brady’s team.

We will never see another like him, and it was so refreshing to hear BB finally refer to him as the greatest of all time.

Its the right to time for TB to move on.

He didn't want to be there last year and it showed.

Once TB decided to not attend OTA's that would have pissed Belichick off..... after that it was always going to end badly.
Bill has shown many times before, that when he makes the call on champions to move them on or not resign them he very rarely gets it wrong.

Will always cherish the TB / BB Dynasty..... the likes of of which I wont see again.

Oh and don't forget that BB is the same guy, who in 2008, after TB did his knee in round 1..... managed to coach a Matt Cassel QB lead side to a 11 - 5 season and miss the playoffs of technicalities.

2020/2021 season will be a different look, but while BB remains at the wheel I am trusting that the team is in good hands.
Will take a couple of years to rebuild and .............. then we contend again.

Don't know how long Bill has left given he doesn't want to coach into his 70s (Which is at least 3 seasons away)

I think this post Brady era might just give B.B. a new lease of life.

Oh and remember that Bill said he didn’t want to coach in his 60’s.

Brian Hoyer back on one-year deal. It would seem Stidham is the man.

IMO trading for Dalton was the move but they obviously rate Stidham

Yes Stidham appears to have their confidence.

Hoyer is a good move knows the system and is very cap friendly one million, one year deal, ( also picks up another million from the Colts ).

Cockliff38 while I get the Dolton interest , I would have been happy with that move too, but Dalton was going to cost a s**t load more than one million and probably wanted a 2 -3 year deal.

Stidham is the man that BB is going with.

I also expect that they will draft a QB.
That will then leave Kessler to fight for his spot at ATO's to make the cut.

Reckon we will keep three QB's on the list after the final cuts are made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More realised he's s**t at wrestling.
Gronk's off-field persona doesn't work without the on-field performance. When he's officially done, he'll fade off into obscurity but not before ruining his Patriots legacy with the crap he's pulled these past few years (waiting until after TEs had signed elsewhere to announce his retirement, waiting for Brady to sign elsewhere before signalling an intention to return).

I don't have a problem with players leaving teams for money, careers are finite and opportunities to cash in are limited but the optics of how you do it is what matters.

Gronks investments probably just took a massive hit with CV-19.
And the lure of another 10 million was to tasty to resist.

TBH I am pretty happy to pick up the fourth round pick ( what’s it 117 ) as it’s a bonus.

Let to honest B.B. was never going to pay him 10 million to play this year so let’s make the best of him moving on.

Gronk has given us good service and plenty of joy so he owes us nothing.

We are moving on with a rebuild and this move just helps our cause.

Fingers crossed that pick 117 lands us a good TE now wouldn’t that be sweetly inonic .

Gronk's off-field persona doesn't work without the on-field performance. When he's officially done, he'll fade off into obscurity but not before ruining his Patriots legacy with the crap he's pulled these past few years (waiting until after TEs had signed elsewhere to announce his retirement, waiting for Brady to sign elsewhere before signalling an intention to return).

I don't have a problem with players leaving teams for money, careers are finite and opportunities to cash in are limited but the optics of how you do it is what matters.

ausbacker I don’t think that Gronk has handled the last two seasons antics particularly well .

That said if he moves on then so be it.

It was pretty clear that TB and now Gronk no longer wanted to be at NE.

B.B. has blown the team up a couple of times before and the media have questioned his wisdom.
Each time B.B. has done what he needed to do for the TEAM..... and Super Bowl success has followed.

I am well and truely in to see what the next chapter hold for us.

TB and Gronk leaving is a bit like the Hawthorn departures - trades of Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis and Birchall.

Changing of the guard.

I do think his body at the time was wrecked. So I think he did the right thing for himself when he pulled the pin.

Right now a 4th round pick is worth more to the team in this phase than a potentially oft injured Gronk anyway.

He'll have a blast being coached by Arians so I can see why he came back.

2nd & 3rd rd picks

edit: not sure the motivation behind it. We need some weapons.

Don’t mind the move.
An early second ( 37 ) and an early third ( 71 ) rounder.

We traded out of the first round for a Division 2 player...

Our only pick in the first seventy picks is a divion 2 player.

Also one of the oldest players in the draft.

A few minutes on, I'm still laughing at the utter predictability Belichick drafts have become but as I read more about Rugger, the more intrigued I am by the pick. Safety is a need and the kid has extremely good testing numbers so let's hope it's a hit because we really, really, really need this year's draft to deliver.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back