New Football kits 14/15

Remove this Banner Ad

0,,10278~13016748,00.jpg

Apart from the Wonga logo, I don't actually mind it! Love the stripes on the sleeves! Will buy!
looks silly and unfinished, needs 'traditional' stripes

looks silly and unfinished, needs 'traditional' stripes

Yep, it's copping a bit of flak from some Toon fans due to the strange black chest piece thing - as one person said on twitter, Puma somehow found a way to ruin black and white vertical stripes! :confused:

10601909_259427800924547_767559964_n.jpg

Wore this kit against Real Sociedad - rumoured to be our new third kit. Actually prefer this one to our bland grey away kit :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least it isn't blue this time.

Quite like that one!

Haha yeah, I'm wondering why they couldn't make it black on our home kit - Wonga don't seem to mind what colour the logo is (if they signed off on the black on this kit). Would have made our home kit much better :p

Because it would not be as visible. They want people to notice their brand, not miss it.

Yeah, makes sense with our black and white stripes. I just wish we could do what Juve and Jeep do (black background on top of the black and white stripes). Think that works fine for them.

Because it would not be as visible. They want people to notice their brand, not miss it.
I know what you mean but sometimes I wonder if you just notice its a sponsor and not the sponsor, if you get me. On TV with a far angle or with quick shots, which most sport is, surely you'll read 'wonga' better if it's clear and just black on white? As opposed to being drawn to but unable to read the big blue or black box? It'd be a good study... if the plain logos won out.

I know what you mean but sometimes I wonder if you just notice its a sponsor and not the sponsor, if you get me. On TV with a far angle or with quick shots, which most sport is, surely you'll read 'wonga' better if it's clear and just black on white? As opposed to being drawn to but unable to read the big blue or black box? It'd be a good study... if the plain logos won out.
Depends on the person, I am pretty observant and remember most times (or at least I did back when I was younger).

But ultimately - the company is paying the team to advertise their brand. They would bloody want to be seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back