The Jumper Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Castore ............ not a good start. :thumbsdown:

But I can't say that I am surprised, after all the company is British.

I worked for a European multi national and was assigned to their British Operation, as CEO in 2001-2003 , employed 250 staff .

Lets just say the Poms talk a good talk, but sadly the delivery rarely matches what they promise.

They do however excel in disorganisation, inefficiency and incompetence.

Suffer badly, collectively from inflated egos and commercially over promising and under delivering .

I suspect that the EU are glad to be rid of them.

Castore ............ not a good start. :thumbsdown:

But I can't say that I am surprised, after all the company is British.

I worked for a European multi national and was assigned to their British Operation, as CEO in 2001-2003 , employed 250 staff .

Lets just say the Poms talk a good talk, but sadly the delivery rarely matches what they promise.

They do however excel in disorganisation, inefficiency and incompetence.

Suffer badly, collectively from inflated egos and commercially over promising and under delivering .

I suspect that the EU are glad to be rid of them.

I think a blanket generalisation that all Brits are useless isn’t correct or fair.

Britain is a world leader in medical research, university education and post grad, high tech industries and the media.

The EU have been really rude and condescending to Britain. They are really put out. Britain is a free country that can do what they want and they need to respect that.

Of course there are rude Brits who believe in British superiority but most like Europe.

I am half Pom/half Aussie born in England. I emigrated to Oz at age 2 and lived in Oz until age 30. I have lived in Britain for the last 20 years working with Australians and Brits in small and massive media companies.

This has enabled me to get an insight into work culture and performance. Obviously, this is heavily subjective.

Australians tend to be sharp, professional Aussies who are hard working and pragmatic. This is due to visa sponsorship reasons.

Brits love Aussies for these reasons and the fact we are direct, honest and socially enjoyable. We are patriotic but this can mean we point out how everything in Australia is better which can come across as condescending.

Brits have so many different types but I don’t see demonstratively worse job performance in the professional jobs.

Posh public (private school in Oz) school types often get on using a veneer of competence and contacts. Are these the ones you are talking about?

London professional middle class types can be quite closed and rarely honestly say what they think. My direct Oz style can clash with these guys.

London working class types are usually really friendly and these are the people I feel most at home with. I think it is because we are quite similar with shared heritage.

England also has a large underclass who don’t want to work.

They are really badly governed. The government is terribly run as COVID has shown. The public school boys run the show again.

The saying that sums up Britain best is “ lions lead by donkeys”. A reference to the aristocracy and Public school types leading.

I think a blanket generalisation that all Brits are useless isn’t correct or fair.

This is true in almost every case of generalisation.

Australia is better which can come across as condescending.

In my experience every Englishman I have ever met that lives in Australia loves to tell you all about how much better EVERYTHING is in the UK, yet choose to live here. I just do not understand it at all.

This is true in almost every case of generalisation.

In my experience every Englishman I have ever met that lives in Australia loves to tell you all about how much better EVERYTHING is in the UK, yet choose to live here. I just do not understand it at all.

Too true.

I personally think-
- Britain is better if you are aged 25 to 35 and a professional
- Australia is much better if you are aged 0 to 25 or 35 onwards and have children

After half my life in each I have come to the conclusion that:
- Britain is difficult to live in (poor government, poor weather, higher population density, poor schooling, high crime, unreliable transport, longer working hours) but interesting (sport, culture, entertainment, pubs & restaurants) with great job opportunities

- Perth is easy to live in (better government, better weather, lower population density, better schooling, low crime, reliable transport, shorter working hours) but less interesting (sport, culture, entertainment, pubs & restaurants) with poorer job opportunities

I'll be returning to Oz soon hopefully

Britain is a world leader in medical research, university education and post grad, high tech industries and the media.

The EU have been really rude and condescending to Britain. They are really put out. Britain is a free country that can do what they want and they need to respect that.

Of course there are rude Brits who believe in British superiority but most like Europe.

I am half Pom/half Aussie born in England. I emigrated to Oz at age 2 and lived in Oz until age 30. I have lived in Britain for the last 20 years working with Australians and Brits in small and massive media companies.

This has enabled me to get an insight into work culture and performance. Obviously, this is heavily subjective.

Australians tend to be sharp, professional Aussies who are hard working and pragmatic. This is due to visa sponsorship reasons.

Brits love Aussies for these reasons and the fact we are direct, honest and socially enjoyable. We are patriotic but this can mean we point out how everything in Australia is better which can come across as condescending.

Brits have so many different types but I don’t see demonstratively worse job performance in the professional jobs.

Posh public (private school in Oz) school types often get on using a veneer of competence and contacts. Are these the ones you are talking about?

London professional middle class types can be quite closed and rarely honestly say what they think. My direct Oz style can clash with these guys.

London working class types are usually really friendly and these are the people I feel most at home with. I think it is because we are quite similar with shared heritage.

England also has a large underclass who don’t want to work.

They are really badly governed. The government is terribly run as COVID has shown. The public school boys run the show again.

The saying that sums up Britain best is “ lions lead by donkeys”. A reference to the aristocracy and Public school types leading.

Good reply and you address multiple areas that warrant further comment.

I will do so, but that will most probably be on Friday, when my work load eases some.

Just to clarify one point in the interim; I never said that Brits are useless .... actually IMO, to the contrary I love the Brits , terrific people, but it's their systems and governments that f*** the country over.

Hence the comments on the ineffectiveness of the country as a whole and their approach to delivering commerce in a timely manner.

Please grant me some time to address your post in more depth, and do your post justice with a more elaborative reply.

Good reply and you address multiple areas that warrant further comment.

I will do so, but that will most probably be on Friday, when my work load eases some.

Just to clarify one point in the interim; I never said that Brits are useless .... actually IMO, to the contrary I love the Brits , terrific people, but it's their systems and governments that f*** the country over.

Hence the comments on the ineffectiveness of the country as a whole and their approach to delivering commerce in a timely manner.

Please grant me some time to address your post in more depth, and do your post justice with a more elaborative reply.

Certainly, it sounds like we have had similar experiences. Will be awesome to hear.

Latest odds on what we'll be wearing next Sunday:

2020 ISC jumpers- $1.90

Woolen 1992 Premiership heritage jumpers from the club store- $3.40

Blue and Gold tie died Wife beaters from best & Less- $6

2021 Castore jumpers- $11.70

Body paint with an online auction set up so you can bid on getting to paint each player.

Thank god Hickey is gone otherwise the auction site would crash.

But Jack Darling is still playing tho

In these challenging financial times the best clubs are adaptive and innovative. That's why we slim down our promising inside mids and save heaps on paint.

Honestly I wasn’t bothered it early but huge mistake not to go back to puma
I can't see the club ever reuniting with Puma. Put up a stink over the quality of the 2017 gear in comparison to what Richmond recieved that year, Puma took their bat and ball and the partnership dissolved.

Seeing what the Crows have done with O'Neils, I'd love to see them pair with WC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back