News New Jumpers for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Once the season starts can please not close this thread? That way we can discuss changes and one off guernseys that happen during the season. Every year the thread closes and we have to create new threads just for 1 one off guernsey

Wow the looks poor, I've never liked the crest / sponsors logos entering the white.

The Red Jumper/Shorts/Socks combo at todays practise game however is spectacular.

Don't like the classic Hot Cross Bun as compared the the red version it just looks muddled now. Should have gone a white based Candy Stripe for the away.

Last edited:
View attachment 1574131
It's closer to the one on the jumper from 1968 - 1979.
The Fitzroy Lion is suffering from a photocopy of a photocopy syndrome. Scorch's one is probably far closer to what it is intended to look like.

Last edited:
But that's the thing.

Saints fans want a bigger white panel. They get it.
Then they want a bigger Saints logo. They get it.
Now people are not happy that both encroach into the white panel.

What do people want/expect with this design? 😅
Some saints fans.

White panel needs to be smaller and the logos only in the red and black. Also black colar and cuffs!

do these two play eachother (ess home, saints away) during the season? hopefully they wear this match up
and, the important and
if they play eachother and saints are at home, essendon wear their red (and ideally red shorts not white)!
In round 3 at the G though St Kilda is the home team as part of their 150th anniversary celebrations

Ideally, in my mind, the Giants are in a sky blue and something and the Suns are in red orange and yellow.
Defiantly, Giants almost in Memphis Grizzle/Tennessee Titans kind of colours. Never made sense to me why they would choose such a ugly clash with the Swans.

The Fitzroy Lion is suffering from a photocopy of a photocopy syndrome. Scorch's one is probably far closer to what it is intended to look like.
Yes, true, it was embroidered onto the jumpers, so it's difficult to know how much was the limitation of the embroidery and how much was logo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some saints fans.

White panel needs to be smaller and the logos only in the red and black. Also black colar and cuffs!

You’re probably part of a very small minority who wanted those things. Most of the saints fans on our board jumper thread seemed happy with the changes and very few were a fan of the wetsuit jumper with the black collar and cuffs

You’re probably part of a very small minority who wanted those things. Most of the saints fans on our board jumper thread seemed happy with the changes and very few were a fan of the wetsuit jumper with the black collar and cuffs
He is, he's been very vocal on the black collar and cuffs for years.

Been saying for years, clubs wearing a red jumper should always pair it with red shorts*. Sydney have provided the perfect template to how well it works. Saints kit looked awesome and crucially, all the feedback I’ve seen has been largely positive so hopefully other teams take note.

*I’d make an exception for Brisbane to wear blue shorts with their Fitzroy kit.

FqRV_AsaMAEPoh6
Red Rooster couldn't just invert their logo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back