Teams New Orleans Saints - The Who Dats

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Interesting Video - Sport Science

Thanx for enlightening us JD. Great clip.:thumbsu: Drew Brees really had bugger all pressure (no moving target either) compared to BIG BEN with everything riding on ONE throw. Makes you think that QB's really are worth every dime invested in them when they can find the dynamic range of the "perfect throw".

Let's take a quick flashback at Big Ben's magnificent precision pass in THE CLUTCH. (just ironic I'm a Steeler fan eh.) :D

[YOUTUBE]BOfouSAAkZY&hl[/YOUTUBE]

I thought they were going to swing the tyre accross the target and get Drew to find the spot... now that's what Big Ben needed to contend with.. WOW!! this play still blows me away!!

no need to reply to the question posed to JD, W. i reckon the still above is your climax :D

Re: Are the Saints staying in New Orleans

Saints and the state are about to announce a new deal to keep the Saints in New Orleans for the next 15 years. Still needs to get past the legislator but sounds like it will get done.

http://www.fox8live.com/news/local/story/Saints-and-state-agree-on-long-term-deal/HRTVNZ3YCUKGJDoZ59cU5g.cspx

superdome-plan.jpg

Probably Oakland (Not a cue to talk about the Raiders) at the moment. Could see either the Cheifs or the Rams to move to LA as well as I don't think Missouri can support two teams efficently. Maybe the Bengals as a longshot with their players probably preferring it there (and get the Superstar treatment). Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are likely as well since I can't see Florida supporting three teams (Miami just has too many supporters to move).

Saints and the state are about to announce a new deal to keep the Saints in New Orleans for the next 15 years. Still needs to get past the legislator but sounds like it will get done.

Thats awesome news for Saint fans JD. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Larkis....

No way would Kansas City move to LA, that's like the #1 most supported team in the NFL, the Chiefs. Their crowds and whole region is heavily into them, just got a brand new stadium or upgrade, will be hosting a Superbowl there soon.

Raiders possible only because large Raider fanbase, and the city of oakland is broke and/or tight-asses, and continually rejects a new stadium there, especially with so much crime, unemployment and civil works in Oakland needed.

Larkis....

No way would Kansas City move to LA, that's like the #1 most supported team in the NFL, the Chiefs. Their crowds and whole region is heavily into them, just got a brand new stadium or upgrade, will be hosting a Superbowl there soon.

Ever heard of the Patriots? Half of all the blow-ins support them. Then there is Pittsburgh who seem to have too many lovers. Then there is the 49ers and Oakland who almost everyone on the West Coast love. Then there is the Cowboys, no explanation needed.

I wouldn't go throwing around big statements like that. :)

I dont mean most supported around the nation. I mean most entrenched supporter base in the NFL. Green Bay and Chiefs are easily the top 2 teams in this sense. Their crowds are maxed out, season tickets are at a premium, hard to come by, and both their regions heavily support them. Other regions you talk about also have more sporting teams that they follow religiously...baseball, basketball, hockey.....that dissipates the regional fanbase to other sports.

Probably Oakland (Not a cue to talk about the Raiders) at the moment. Could see either the Cheifs or the Rams to move to LA as well as I don't think Missouri can support two teams efficently. Maybe the Bengals as a longshot with their players probably preferring it there (and get the Superstar treatment). Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are likely as well since I can't see Florida supporting three teams (Miami just has too many supporters to move).
Last time I saw the 5 teams that were being speculated were
Oakland
San Diego
New Orleans
Jacksonville
Minnesota

And then there were four! (given the Saints news)
I didnt think they would be the one to move if anyone moved.

I beleive New Orleans, Minnesota and San Diego were only using it as a bargaining chip to get their own new stadium in their own city.

It is really only Jacksonville and Oakland who in my mind may move to Los Angeles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why all the talk of Jacknsonville moving?
I don't see that happening at all, its either Oakland or knowone IMO.

Agreed. No way Jax are moving. I think from the NFLs perspective you'd only look at teams in the West divisions as to not upset the status quo. Oakland makes the most sense, NO FREAKING WAY would the Chiefs move, nor do they need to.

I'm also not a big fan of teams being named after states or regions. I know its about the commercial market and reaching to as many fans / sponsors, but I'm a fan of New Orleans Saints representing New Orleans.
I hate names like Central Coast Mariners. Central Coast of what?

I think that maybe the Jets should move to LA and get the hell away from the Giants. Because they play at our stadium and we cant have a proper endzone or logo in the middle of the ground because of them stupid green sunofabitches!

Amen :D

Send Mark Sanchez home...!

Interesting you should say that Nappies because it's one of the debates often had in New Orleans. The problems the team has had with the state are in large part due to other parts of the state being traditionally non-Saints areas. That is changing and no doubt Katrina was part of that but it's still an issue. The northern part of the state still takes Cowboy games over Saints games whereas out-of-state areas like Mississippi are very pro-Saints.

However I like New Orleans as the name. Gulf Coast Saints sounds wishy-washy and a team that belongs to nowhere.

Guess New England has grown on me. That one seems to work because people in the area identify with the name.

As for Jax, they could be in trouble due to their low support levels. However the reality is there are a stack of teams that could fall into trouble if the so-called GFC is as bad as some would have us believe.

Personally I reckon the NFL would resist most team relocations, especially one like the Saints to a completely different market. San Diego would be one I could see or Oakland, but even with those teams I think it would be a risk. Probably the most likely if there is a relocation.

The NFL I'm sure were planning on future expansion. Now like most businesses they would have changed their plans. For the next few years I reckon they will be happy if thy just maintain their position. Wait and see the fallout on teams and then plan forward going from there. There's a lot teams that could potentially suffer from a drop in corporate support.

Interesting you should say that Nappies because it's one of the debates often had in New Orleans. The problems the team has had with the state are in large part due to other parts of the state being traditionally non-Saints areas. That is changing and no doubt Katrina was part of that but it's still an issue. The northern part of the state still takes Cowboy games over Saints games whereas out-of-state areas like Mississippi are very pro-Saints.

Guess New England has grown on me. That one seems to work because people in the area identify with the name.

I guess Louisiana as a state has much the same problem as Los Angeles as a city in that the college football team is built into the psyche. USC and LSU would more likely take precedent over the NFL teams. That is an interesting study of demographics that the Saints are dealing with.

I think New England works as a generally accepted identifier with its own people. I think I read somewhere that when they were naming the Minnesota Vikings, they originally wanted to call them Twin Cities or Minneapolis / St. Paul Vikings, but the NFL rejected it as not having an identity. I believe the Vikes were the first to have a state as their location. Sven may be able to shed more light, as I cannot remember where I read this.

Not uncommon for a 'LSU' chant to go up when the Saints are struggling at home.

Since Katrina there seems to be better synergy between the two groups. Provided the Saints aren't utterly pathetic I reckon we won't see a repeat of what went on in the past. But being the Saints . . . I wouldn't rule that out. :(

I hate names like Central Coast Mariners. Central Coast of what?

Gosford is on the Central Coast of New South Wales. They're intended to represent that region between Newcastle and Sydney, hence the name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back