Teams New Orleans Saints - The Who Dats

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody would trade for AP. Well I can't see it.

The problem with the O is the OL. Fix that and it won't be a problem. I'll reserve my judgement until they get a home game not against a top DL.

The D is a worry. Not really surprising when you look at the personnel though. Lots of inexperience & not a ball hawk among them.

Indeed.

Okafor is a big loss though (out for the season with a torn achilles)

With him, Klein, Lattimore and Vaccaro all on the sidelines late we were fortunate the D got those stops.

Hopefully the other 3 are back over the next two weeks.

Re-post from photos thread I thought you may be interested in. Went to the Bucs @ Saints game a few weeks ago and had an awesome time.

Great atmosphere with the Who Dat chants, the Saints dominating the game and the Jameis scuffle on the sideline.

Midday game start was a challenge after a 29 hour flight transit arriving the evening before but nothing that a Bloody Mary and classic southern breakfast at Ruby Slipper couldn't fix and then to the Champions Square pregame outside the Superdome. We arrived at 10:30am and it was already in full swing with a band going and drinks flowing. It was 30+ degrees so thankful for the roof and the entire stadium is great. Enjoyed being on the top level. Was really great to watch plays and routes unfold. Hopefully will make it back again as had a great time with the locals.

a33e8dfd45b77ac913571d5d7842fc6f.jpg

ef999d5edf2e4c093b061aae12437bc5.jpg

eab221c6fd0e70ed77ef9b9676b3e500.jpg

c9d565a884816705df9f38188bb1dedd.jpg

1022c6b80bb50a14412584d4069d67d1.jpg

369dd078e1a2d4685f30efe8b6b82a80.jpg

Re-post from photos thread I thought you may be interested in. Went to the Bucs @ Saints game a few weeks ago and had an awesome time.

Great atmosphere with the Who Dat chants, the Saints dominating the game and the Jameis scuffle on the sideline.

Midday game start was a challenge after a 29 hour flight transit arriving the evening before but nothing that a Bloody Mary and classic southern breakfast at Ruby Slipper couldn't fix and then to the Champions Square pregame outside the Superdome. We arrived at 10:30am and it was already in full swing with a band going and drinks flowing. It was 30+ degrees so thankful for the roof and the entire stadium is great. Enjoyed being on the top level. Was really great to watch plays and routes unfold. Hopefully will make it back again as had a great time with the locals.

a33e8dfd45b77ac913571d5d7842fc6f.jpg

ef999d5edf2e4c093b061aae12437bc5.jpg

eab221c6fd0e70ed77ef9b9676b3e500.jpg

c9d565a884816705df9f38188bb1dedd.jpg

1022c6b80bb50a14412584d4069d67d1.jpg

369dd078e1a2d4685f30efe8b6b82a80.jpg
Thx for the photos, looks brilliant. Had breakfast at the Ruby Slipper back in '14. Fell in love with place and the Saints that day. It was first day of the season and the town was buzzing. Been a struggle to follow them since but this one has more than made up for it

Last edited:
Interested in others' thought but I worry as a Saints fan that Kamara/Ingram have lost a bit of form or have been sussed out to a certain extent.

Against the Steelers it will therefore require another huge passing effort from Brees to win and I'm not sure even get could do that two weeks in a row.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested in others' thought but I worry as a Saints fan that Kamara/Ingram have lost a bit of form or have been sussed out to a certain extent.

Against the Steelers it will therefore require another huge passing effort from Brees to win and I'm not sure even get could do that two weeks in a row.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
They are definitely not in the same form as mid year, but still going well.
If teams want to stack the box against us then "oh no, we will have to let Brees, one of the most efficient QBs ever sling it."
Good place to be, good playmaking D too, so a good balanced team.

This team has what it takes,
However 3 tough weeks to go.

Heartbreaking way to finish the year....
Williams is going to replay that 1,000,000 times during the off season.
If he does, he's being unfair on himself.
Had a great rookie season, made some great plays in this game.
Should never have came down to that play.
Brees, Kamara, Ingram show up before half time.
Brees doesn't throw 2 picks.
Snead makes his throw.
Get some more pressure on keenum FFS.

Saints owner Tom Benson has passed away at the age of 90.

Also the owner of the NBA's New Orleans Pelicans, Benson had been in the hospital with the flu since Feb. 16. The Saints' owner since 1985, Benson oversaw a perennial loser his first two decades on the job. He threatened to move the team to San Antonio following Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Drew Brees and Sean Payton arrived in 2006, however, forever changing the franchise and Benson's reputation in New Orleans. Benson had been embroiled in a legal battle with his family over the succession of the team's ownership but it was settled in Feb. 2017. The terms remained confidential.

From MMQB:

The Saints have a sleep room in their football facility in Metairie, La.

As Sean Payton explained in his column for the The MMQB after the death of owner Tom Benson on Thursday, Benson was a generous sort for all things football, and, well, let Payton tell the story:

“Lots of coaches in the NFL periodically will sleep one or two nights in the office. With Mr. Benson, the challenge was getting the sleeping bag rolled or the couch folded up prior to him walking down the hall in the morning. He hated our offices looking sloppy. So he ended up footing the bill in 2016 for a high-tech sleep room at our facility—climate-controlled, built-in chargers for phone, blackout shades on the window and door. No more excuses for a sloppy office. The coaches loved it.”

From MMQB:

The Saints have a sleep room in their football facility in Metairie, La.

As Sean Payton explained in his column for the The MMQB after the death of owner Tom Benson on Thursday, Benson was a generous sort for all things football, and, well, let Payton tell the story:

“Lots of coaches in the NFL periodically will sleep one or two nights in the office. With Mr. Benson, the challenge was getting the sleeping bag rolled or the couch folded up prior to him walking down the hall in the morning. He hated our offices looking sloppy. So he ended up footing the bill in 2016 for a high-tech sleep room at our facility—climate-controlled, built-in chargers for phone, blackout shades on the window and door. No more excuses for a sloppy office. The coaches loved it.”

Champion of a bloke, did so much and will be sorely missed by not only the Saints but New Orleans as a city.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back