Next ALP Federal leader?

Remove this Banner Ad

No but her ugly, snarky style of personal politics is what Australians hate.

I see her campaign to smear Dutton, with his fattened majority, worked wonders. Hehe.
You mean where she called him out for bagging Ali France for " using her disability as an excuse " ??.....

You're a strange unit gs hey

:drunk:

So, let me get this straight .... according to your incisive rationale a vacuous twat is enough to cut through and win but you don't think Albo can cut through and win? So ... he's lower than a vacuous twat?
In terms of electability, yes, it would seem he is.
I don't think any of Labor's "names" can lead them to a win. They need someone new the public has basically never heard of and can't be pinned to a policy of any sort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sold on Albo; people seem to value ‘charisma’ over actual policy and Albo’s Charisma is that he likes music and once looked vaguely cool. Spare me. That said, he has spoken reasonably well in the past couple of days, he does have a bit of mongrel in him, and Labor are likely to go aggressively negative at the next election.

I’m not sold on Albo; people seem to value ‘charisma’ over actual policy and Albo’s Charisma is that he likes music and once looked vaguely cool. Spare me. That said, he has spoken reasonably well in the past couple of days, he does have a bit of mongrel in him, and Labor are likely to go aggressively negative at the next election.

Seems to be a winning formula

Well the Coalition have certainly set the bar there. Turns out policies just get in the way of winning government.

Well the Coalition have certainly set the bar there. Turns out policies just get in the way of winning government.
It cuts both ways. Labor almost won an unwinnable election on the back of Mediscare. Now the Libs have won one on ‘everything’s a tax’. Sadly, that means both parties now realise going into federal elections with a policy agenda won’t work because it doesn’t cut through as easily.

This idea that the leader should be a Queenslander as some sort of 'tip' to Queensland is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in Australian politics. Yes they are our fellow Australians who rejected Labor, but they are no more Australian or important than non-Queenslanders. If they vote based purely on whether the leader is a Queenslander, then they can go and get stuffed and grow a brain.

So the area of Australia where the alternative PM grew up/came out of the womb is a more important factor than policy vision, ability to lead, and charisma? What a crock of s***.

Last edited:
This idea that the leader should be a Queenslander as some sort of 'tip' to Queensland is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in Australian politics. Yes they are our fellow Australians who rejected Labor, but they are no more Australian or important than non-Queenslanders. If they vote based purely on whether the leader is a Queenslander, then they can go and get stuffed and grow a brain.

So the area of Australia where the alternative PM grew up/came out of the womb is a more important factor than policy vision, ability to lead, and charisma? What a crock of s***.

Why are you surprised? Labor loves identity politics - look at the discussion also about how the deputy MUST be a female if the leader is male. So silly to impose these arbitrary restrictions.

Why are you surprised? Labor loves identity politics - look at the discussion also about how the deputy MUST be a female if the leader is male. So silly to impose these arbitrary restrictions.
I'd argue that thanks to the reforms made years ago that has largely lead to a balance of sexes in their party room, whether the next ALP leader is a man or a women is unimportant.

And so now we have the spectacle of the unions threatening Chalmers from the Labor right if he dares contest Albanese. So Albanese from the Labor left will likely be apppinted leader unopposed, with Blubbersook from the Labor left as his deputy and Wong from the Labor left as the senate leader. Good old Labor heeding the message from the Australian people.

Labor desperately need to restructure itself at the top to realign itself with the outer suburb mortgage belt. So reappointing the likes of Plibesek and Wong partly because they are women is the worst thing Labor can do. Yet they will despite them being key architects in three election losses and before that probably the worst govt Australia has ever had.

And so now we have the spectacle of the unions threatening Chalmers from the Labor right if he dares contest Albanese. So Albanese from the Labor left will likely be apppinted leader unopposed, with Blubbersook from the Labor left as his deputy and Wong from the Labor left as the senate leader. Good old Labor heeding the message from the Australian people.

Pilbersek isn't running for deputy

Alp normally has a deputy from the alternate faction to the leader

Unfortunately it's the way it is, and you have to play the game. If only Bill wore a baseball cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back