Next Coach Sacked - 2023 edition

Next coached sacked or forced to resign.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

…and replace him with who?

Injury management and continuing the list turnover are far bigger priorities.

Yeah I don’t know how Simpson is allowed to just turn out a completely uncompetitive team week after week. It’s been the case since covid. Their record is as bad as North Melbourne’s in recent times.

Still gets a pass for the 2018 flag probably.

Somebody who is able to motivate 22 AFL players to actually compete when they run out on the ground?

You can go out and compete and give half a s**t. WC haven’t for a very long time

Ultimately he’s filling the roll of Shaw/Noble, Bolton, Neeld, Richardson etc all lambs to the slaughter with decimated rebuilding lists, and they’ll never last the time required to rebuild the list properly. However Simpson is the odd one out as he has success and can coach.

Any coach would get similar results with them right now, I figure they think a good coach might get a better idea sooner of who can play to a plan than a poor/inexperienced coach?

Rightly or wrongly, reckon that’s the logic. No point having a Noble/Bolton come in.

Probably similar with Clarko - can’t see him sticking it out at north but hopefully advances the list with talent ID, teaching and setting the bar.

Aiming for Paul Roos at Dees success, not flag success.

Simpson deserves to go on his own terms, around the bye or at the end of the season would be the right timing. There's enough respect there to not sack him but he needs a nudge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko will go down with the ship if he keeps picking his plodders favourites. Not this year but I can't see him lasting his tenure if he keeps relying on the likes of Howe, Tucker and Shiels.

Needs to back in the kids. Embrace the rebuild.

Probably similar with Clarko - can’t see him sticking it out at north but hopefully advances the list with talent ID, teaching and setting the bar.

Aiming for Paul Roos at Dees success, not flag success.
He was the messiah 4 weeks ago, let's just wait and see.

Never as good as it seems, never as bad as it seems etc.

I think Dimma is realistically unsackable, but if say a Gold Coast came knocking he should take the opportunity to move on from Richmond.

I'd argue Longmire is in a similar boat.

I think Dimma is realistically unsackable, but if say a Gold Coast came knocking he should take the opportunity to move on from Richmond.

I'd argue Longmire is in a similar boat.
I agree if Gold Coast came by he should take the opportunity. Loves it up here as well and their list profile is pretty good.

Back