NFL Div 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Marys v Mernda looks to be an intriguing match up.
St Mary’s by 8 points
Laurimar to get a hold of Reservoir by 55
Morang over West by 13

Going to be crap weather but all teams will be playing in the condition so no excuses.
Laurimar by 12 points
Panton Hill by 36 points
A must win for West by 6 points
Match of the day, Won't be more than a kick in it hopefully Mernda to take the chocolates
Those watching stay warm and dry and good luck to most

Laurimar by 45 pts
P.Hill by 52 pts
West by 12 pts Shelts going to be big loss for Morang. But opportunity for some of the younger guys who have been playing well to take yet another step up. Definitely a game of interest this one - critical for both teams
Burra by 40 pts

Unfortunately mernda no match for St.M today ..... back to the drawing board for mernda & South Morang with a costly loss...... some thing never change

Not a Morang player in sight in the Morang rooms after their game good to see that the culture and sportsmanship is driven hard down there

Last edited:
The most dominant display of football by a team in D3 I have seen in a while was by St Mary’s yesterday.
Definitely Mary’s problem now will be how to keep a lid on it, easily my flag favourite.
As for Mernda the upcoming breaks can’t come any sooner as we lost another four players yesterday which brings the injured list up to 15 with some long term.
Hopefully our second half of the season will see us get back somewhere close to full strength.

The most dominant display of football by a team in D3 I have seen in a while was by St Mary’s yesterday.
Definitely Mary’s problem now will be how to keep a lid on it, easily my flag favourite.
As for Mernda the upcoming breaks can’t come any sooner as we lost another four players yesterday which brings the injured list up to 15 with some long term.
Hopefully our second half of the season will see us get back somewhere close to full strength.

Considering the very poor first half at the hill last week the lid is firmly on. Looks like it might have acted as a good boot up the butt for the burra
As for injuries all sides have a few at the moment

Considering the very poor first half at the hill last week the lid is firmly on. Looks like it might have acted as a good boot up the butt for the burra
As for injuries all sides have a few at the moment
Agree. I think Burra have the past two season finishes firmly in the back of their mind. A lot of this group have matured and developed. I cannot see them getting ahead of themselves. Their next game against P/Hill later in the season will be a good measure of where both those teams are at.
Redbacks looked to be all over the place kicking 12.22 yesterday. Not sure if conditions were the factor there? But 34 scoring shots to 4 says they are putting their hand up as top 2 with Burra.
With the fortnight break now, we come back where the next 5-6 weeks will sort out the 5 teams all looking for one of the 3rd/4th spots. Plenty of action still to come in D3 this season. But nobody wants to hear excuses - performance on field speak the loudest.
burra_09OG, Any update on Petroro when he will be back?

Agree. I think Burra have the past two season finishes firmly in the back of their mind. A lot of this group have matured and developed. I cannot see them getting ahead of themselves. Their next game against P/Hill later in the season will be a good measure of where both those teams are at.
Redbacks looked to be all over the place kicking 12.22 yesterday. Not sure if conditions were the factor there? But 34 scoring shots to 4 says they are putting their hand up as top 2 with Burra.
With the fortnight break now, we come back where the next 5-6 weeks will sort out the 5 teams all looking for one of the 3rd/4th spots. Plenty of action still to come in D3 this season. But nobody wants to hear excuses - performance on field speak the loudest.
burra_09OG, Any update on Petroro when he will be back?

I believe he had a one week string injury, then broke a finger or some sort of hand injury the Thursday before returning at training... st.marys have the two week break now with interleague and the bye and he would probably still miss another two after that I would think as I believe he had minor surgery that would take it out to the 6 week mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a Morang player in sight in the Morang rooms after their game good to see that the culture and sportsmanship is driven hard down there

Worst I’ve ever seen, there wouldn’t of been more then 5 senior players in there where there president had his chat..
Somethings just never change but I hope they at least turn up for Shelts fundraiser this Saturday!!!

Worst I’ve ever seen, there wouldn’t of been more then 5 senior players in there where there president had his chat..
Somethings just never change but I hope they at least turn up for Shelts fundraiser this Saturday!!!
I wouldnt want to go in the rooms too if the rezzies lost by 10+ goals as well as the seniors losing... especially to Heidelberg West. Such a dark day for Morang

With all the heat firmly on st Mary’s,
The next few weeks will be very telling
South morang have time and time again proven money doesn’t buy culture...

Gutsy win from the boys from west
Is this the win to kick start their season???

Get the feeling that depth is going to play a huge role this season with PH south Morang Kilmore and Mernda looking thin at that level they will be crossing their fingers for a bit of luck in that department.

There U/19s or going ok
Play a few of them & KEEP PLAYING THEM.... because some of there older players are over the hill & over rated

Get the feeling that depth is going to play a huge role this season with PH south Morang Kilmore and Mernda looking thin at that level they will be crossing their fingers for a bit of luck in that department.

Defintiely concerning up this way if a few key injuries occur, especially no U/19's at Kilmore again this year.
Here's hoping they're already casting an eye towards re-establishing a squad of 17-19yo's in 2019.

I wouldnt want to go in the rooms too if the rezzies lost by 10+ goals as well as the seniors losing... especially to Heidelberg West. Such a dark day for Morang

West were missing so many players early, getting more and more back everyweek!

id say that morangs darkest day was when they tried to bottle each other! Watching the tape, West really belted up morang! pretty weak effort from them! to scared to lay a tackle! Heard they were very lippy during the game to!

Darkest days for South Morang was most likely tied to treating their kids poorly, paying overs for blokes 33 yr old + and not showing any respect to sides they beat up on when they (not long ago) we'ere getting beaten badly most weeks themselves. Congrats to the West lads, lots of dark times recently and now finally coming out the other end with a host to return.

No excuse from the Morang lads.. poor sportsmanship.

A break for Mernda does come at a good time as the club has been smashed with injuries on a weekly bases, luckily for the club they have had a chance to blood the kids from the 19’s who have held their own in the seniors, that’s a huge positive to the club as they didn’t run a under 19 squad last year. Lucky it’s only May and not September. We’ll bounce back!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You wouldn’t want to go into your club rooms after the game, you’d be such a s**t clubman. It’s not about winning and loosing or to who, it’s about sticking fat with your mates!!

And thats worked well for you in the past.
When is Rohan Davies being wheeled out? Handy inclusion. I hear some whispers that West might have a handy in or 2 coming in shortly. Could just as easily be pub talk tho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back