NFL NFL OTAs/Camp - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pitta dislocated his hip so I think he's going to be out for more than 6 weeks :(

I dont know what happened, but it takes a s**t load of force to dislocate a hip in healthy young person. Hopefully it turns out better for him than it did for the most high profile athlete to dislocate his hip, Bo Jackson

Dennis Pitta - TE - Ravens

Updating a previous item, NFL.com's Albert Breer reports Dennis Pitta has a hip fracture and will miss the entire 2013 season.

This confirms a report by ESPN's Adam Schefter. Pitta underwent surgery Saturday and is now facing a lengthy rehab and potentially career-threatening injury. He's no longer a realistic candidate to be placed on injured reserve/designated for return. Ed Dickson will replace Pitta in the starting lineup. The Ravens have also expressed interest in free agent TE Visanthe Shiancoe.

Redskins have lost our starting and backup LDE now. Hoping like hell that's the extent of our injury concerns this preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This seems to have been a preseason for teams losing players, from injuries that rule them out for the pre season and training camp through to the cops arresting and charging with murder and just about everything in between.
I actually dread waking up and checking espn etc. Between Denver and assorted fantasy teams it is impossible to not be impacted weekly

Broncos C Dan Koppen ACL.

GG's rule of threes complete?
JD Walton will replace I'd imagine. As unfortunate this injury is for Koppen this is a great opportunity it's for JD at 26 years old

JD Walton will replace I'd imagine. As unfortunate this injury is for Koppen this is a great opportunity it's for JD at 26 years old
Well It looks like Walton may miss the season too, I missed that he had another surgery. Chris Kuper or Philip Blake appear to be the next options at the moment

IIRC the reason that Koppen was signed in the first place was the fact that Walton was going to miss the season (or at least a large chunk of it).

And from what I've read, Ramirez was taking snaps before Koppen's injury, so he might be in the running for the starting C gig too

IIRC the reason that Koppen was signed in the first place was the fact that Walton was going to miss the season (or at least a large chunk of it).

And from what I've read, Ramirez was taking snaps before Koppen's injury, so he might be in the running for the starting C gig too
Yep they're considering Ramirez and just signed Vallos.

Where is Phillip Blake in this?

Yeah, JD Walton will miss the start if not all this season also to my understanding but Blacky might be able to better clarify. I think Kuper may move over because (and I maybe wrong) I imagine it's more natural for a guard to play centre than a tackle which is what Franklin played last year. I didn't follow Franklin at college so I'm not sure if he has a history at guard or centre.

Yeah, JD Walton will miss the start if not all this season also to my understanding but Blacky might be able to better clarify. I think Kuper may move over because (and I maybe wrong) I imagine it's more natural for a guard to play centre than a tackle which is what Franklin played last year. I didn't follow Franklin at college so I'm not sure if he has a history at guard or centre.
You are definitely right about Kuper, both he and Ramirez have been mentioned.

Last I read JD was out til Nov, but not sure.

You are definitely right about Kuper, both he and Ramirez have been mentioned.

Last I read JD was out til Nov, but not sure.
I would also like to apologise partly for that post, I seem to be getting Orlando Franklin and Manny Ramierez mixed up, apologies if that confused anyone :p

Kuper centre, Vasquez and Beadles G and Franklin and Clady tackles?
If I had to guess that would be how I would do it.

Just depends on how these guys transition to C.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back