NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Isnt Howard a ruckman?
Yep, he is young and will be pushed around by the bigger boys so will need support. I wouldn’t think he was recruited as the first choice ruck?

Definitely won’t be the worst ruck combo in the league, experienced Smith with up & comer Howard.

Riddle confirmed to Old Ivanhoe via their Facebook. Huge loss for Boro, one of the best defenders in the NFNL ever. How was he poached? Job?
Billy Murphy is coming back to play there too. Riddle and Murphy mates and also got jobs

I can understand Riddle leaving Boro. When I heard they had signed Caddy and then found out what they were paying him my first thought was that it would tear the club apart. And it has. Riddle is a champion of GFC (and the competition) and their best player only for the club to effectively sh1t in his face. It's sad to see a champion leave under these circumstances but also because the Caddy name was a proud and respected one in this competition.

Last edited:
I can understand Riddle leaving Boro. When I heard they had signed Caddy and then found out what they were paying him my first thought was that it would tear the club apart. And it has. Riddle is a champion of GFC and their best player and the club effectively shat in his face. It's sad to see a champion leave under these circumstances but also because the Caddy name was a proud and respected one in this competition.
What circumstances did he leave under? Is there any basis to this post or just assuming he was annoyed at Caddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand Riddle leaving Boro. When I heard they had signed Caddy and then found out what they were paying him my first thought was that it would tear the club apart. And it has. Riddle is a champion of GFC (and the competition) and their best player only for the club to effectively sh1t in his face. It's sad to see a champion leave under these circumstances but also because the Caddy name was a proud and respected one in this competition.
So I presume you heard what they were paying him off a mate of a mate of a mate. Only 2 people that would know how much he's paid is the footy manager and Caddy. So unless either of them are shooting there mouth off, I highly doubt you or anyone know what he was getting paid.
And what circumstances did he leave under?

So I presume you heard what they were paying him off a mate of a mate of a mate. Only 2 people that would know how much he's paid is the footy manager and Caddy. So unless either of them are shooting there mouth off, I highly doubt you or anyone know what he was getting paid.
He asked plenty of clubs in the NFNL for top dollar, it’s no secret the coin he was chasing.

plus the president plus the treasurer plus....

anyway its not like one of the 2 you mentioned to shoot his mouth off :laughing:

plus the president plus the treasurer plus....

anyway its not like one of the 2 you mentioned to shoot his mouth off :laughing:
Why would the president know? Treasurer maybe, only if they are paying him legitimately. If not, they wouldn't know. Why would anyone else know? I'm still yet to hear what he was paid?
So you think everyone knows what each player is getting paid?

Why would the president know? Treasurer maybe, only if they are paying him legitimately. If not, they wouldn't know. Why would anyone else know? I'm still yet to hear what he was paid?
So you think everyone knows what each player is getting paid?
Of the course the president and treasurer would know. If your going to invest a significant amount in a player, board agreeance would come first. The coach would prob know too as they do the recruiting for most clubs

Of the course the president and treasurer would know. If your going to invest a significant amount in a player, board agreeance would come first. The coach would prob know too as they do the recruiting for most clubs
Nope not 100% they would know. You do realise a fair few of these division 1 clubs are paying well over the cap?
If a sponsor or supporter is paying for these players, I guarantee you the treasurer will not know.
The board or committee would have nothing to do with wether a player comes into the club. Do you think every player thats recruited, the board sit down and discuss whether they should be there or not? No, that's the job of the football manager and coach.
We have no idea how he was paid, what he was paid or who knew. Yet everyone is throwing around these ridiculous figures presuming the whole NFNL league knows.

And saying there is turmoil down at Greensborough over it, which they are saying is garbage.

Nope not 100% they would know. You do realise a fair few of these division 1 clubs are paying well over the cap?
If a sponsor or supporter is paying for these players, I guarantee you the treasurer will not know.
The board or committee would have nothing to do with wether a player comes into the club. Do you think every player thats recruited, the board sit down and discuss whether they should be there or not? No, that's the job of the football manager and coach.
We have no idea how he was paid, what he was paid or who knew. Yet everyone is throwing around these ridiculous figures presuming the whole NFNL league knows.

And saying there is turmoil down at Greensborough over it, which they are saying is garbage.
No-one said for every player, you don't need to try and imply things that aren't being said

When the player is high profile, and probably the highest paid player in their history it would certainly be discussed.

P.S - I haven't said it created any turmoil

Remove this Banner Ad

Back