Hurstbridge
Montmorency
Banyule

Greensborough
Bundoora
Eltham
West
Macleod

Banyule and Hurstbridge to have a good run this season, can’t wait to watch both of those teams.

Heidelberg and North to play off in a grand final, class above the rest.

Macleod almost a certainty to get relegated, no wins.

Eltham to surprise some teams and get 5 or 6 wins.

Heidelberg

North Heidelberg

Hurstbridge

Bundoora

Montmorency

Greensborough

Banyule

West Preston

Eltham

Macleod

Looks like it will be a terrific season of NFNL Div 1 footy. The top 2 look to be a class above the rest and have superior depth.

I can see Hurstbridge continuing to climb. The teams listed 3-7 will be heavily reliant upon the performance of their star players and their ability to get on the park each week.

It is great to see Eltham back In Div 1 and I think they can stay up as Macleod appear to be in for a very long season.

Grand final Heidelberg vs Nth Heidelberg

These 2 battle hardened clubs both have excellent coaches who are ideally suited to high level local footy.

Premiers - Heidelberg, no accident they have been so strong for many many years. The team to beat once again despite some significant player movement.

Relegation – Macleod

i wasn't on this forum this time last year, was it obvious at the time whittlesea were going to be relegated?

Looks like predictions time on BF.

General consensus is Tigers, Bulldogs and Magpies have a lock on the top 3 and I agree. Well too early to make a call on a Premier however, I think Mont may actually overcome the demons from many years of hard work and expense and have a real chance.

Final two positions for top five will be out of three. Blues, Bears and Boro. I think the lads from the end of the train line will take a few scalps from the top three so lock them if for 4th.

Again, going with the consensus that the Kangaroos have lost a bit too much talent and will be relegated.

Love footy being back. Enjoy and be nice to each other.

Looks like predictions time on BF.

General consensus is Tigers, Bulldogs and Magpies have a lock on the top 3 and I agree. Well too early to make a call on a Premier however, I think Mont may actually overcome the demons from many years of hard work and expense and have a real chance.

Final two positions for top five will be out of three. Blues, Bears and Boro. I think the lads from the end of the train line will take a few scalps from the top three so lock them if for 4th.

Again, going with the consensus that the Kangaroos have lost a bit too much talent and will be relegated.

Love footy being back. Enjoy and be nice to each other.
Denny Crane who are the Blues??

From HS

North Heidelberg coach Jason Heatley discusses 2024 expectations and 2023 reflection​

North Heidelberg knows it must improve if it is to challenge for a first NFNL Division 1 premiership since 2005. So how will the Bulldogs do it?

Be better, that was the bottom line for North Heidelberg.

Bulldogs coach Jason Heatley challenged his players to come back to pre-season training better than last year after the club’s NFNL Division 1 preliminary final exit at the hands of Bundoora.

Heatley’s men showed their potential with 57-point elimination final and semi-final wins over Hurstbridge and Montmorency but ran out of steam in an 87-point defeat to the Bulls.

It lead to some off-season soul-searching knowing 2023’s best will certainly not be good enough in 2024.

“We need to be better, that’s the simple reality,” Heatley said.

“Our best wasn’t good enough last year to win the competition, some of these sides, obviously led by Heidelberg, just do things better for longer than us.

“We challenged the guys to come back better as individuals – whether that’s better body shape, better endurance or stronger – because if we don’t want we produced last year is still going to fall short.

“We had some reflection we needed to do and drills down on what worked and what didn’t.”

North has farewelled key players Jhye Baddeley-Kelly (Boort) and Billy Hogan (Mansfield) but had recruited strongly over summer.

Tom Wallis, son of Essendon great Dean, arrives from Essendon Doutta Stars, while Jack Mapleson has returned after a season at Aberfeldie.

Adam and Ben Giobbi (Euroa), Tom Rivis (Kew Bears) and Kyle Maynard (Avenel) have also jumped on board, while premiership player Louis Hill returns from Heidelberg West.

It’s seen the Bulldogs installed as premiership favourites by rival coaches.

“While it’s nice to look it, it’s an opinion, and we’re under no illusions about where we sit,” Heatley said.

“If you look at the top six or seven sides – Hurstbridge and Greensborough are going to be better, you’d think Mont will be better and write off Bundoora at your peril, they’re a quality club and will be really well coached.”

If North is to improve and challenge for a first Division 1 flag since 2005, internal development will be a key aspect.

The club’s work to strengthen its pathway is starting to pay dividends with strong under-19s numbers.

Heatley said several players were ready to step up to another level and highlighted newly named vice-captain Brody Bell as a standout.

Fellow young kid Brock Chircop had also been voted into the club’s leadership group.

“I’ve been really impressed with Brody Bell, just his leadership and attention to detail is next level,” Heatley said.

“It’s his second year at the footy club and he’s already tracking down a (leadership) path under an outstanding leader in Kyle McDonald.

“Kyle is out first game of the year so Brody is going to get the chance to captain the club early and I think that’s a testament to him.

“Brock’s a really good kid, just a ball of energy, he’s really coachable.

“To be voted in by your peers carries some extra significance for the coaching group and I’m really confident that come across in how they play.

“Without highlighting individuals we’ve also got five or six guys at VFL clubs and for us that’s exception rather than the norm so we’re celebrating sending these guys up to forge a career.”

North Heidelberg had its first practice match of the pre-season against Shepparton Bears at Broadford last weekend and will finalise preparations with a final hitout against Norwood at Shellie Reserve on April 6.

The Bulldogs will face reigning premier Heidelberg in a blockbuster season-opener under lights at Shellie Reserve on April 13.

Heidleberg
Nth Heidleberg
Mont
Banyule
Hurstbridge
Bundoora
Greensborough
WP
Macloed/eltham

Premier - heidleberg
Relegation - to come down to % between macloed and eltham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knowing those close to it, there is nothing sinister that has happened however the failure to attend training a few white lies were all too much.

He's not left to dry & will be heading to the EDFL.
He has notoriously been a poor trainer. Not sure why this has become the straw that broke the camels back?

"Sorry Jason, won't make training, work is real busy atm"

white lie, work was not busy

"Sorry Heaters, won't make training, car being service"

white lie, car is running fine

"Hi coach, won't make training, uni assignments due"

white lie, handed in assignment last week

"Sorry Jason, won't make training, work is real busy atm"

white lie, work was not busy

"Sorry Heaters, won't make training, car being service"

white lie, car is running fine

"Hi coach, won't make training, uni assignments due"

white lie, handed in assignment last week
Happens a bit these days but only strong clubs can afford to set these standards so I applaud the club..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back