NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 1 best and fairest predictions.

Going with Jesse Tardio. A bit patchy last year with some injury added in and still had influence. I reckon he will get himself going trying to get that elusive div 1 flag. No VFL commitment either. Lentini (mont ) will be up there. Without Buxton though, I don't think the supply will be as good from the stoppages. Still a ball magnet. Before the bergs mob unleash their displeasure, I have only Left Wilson out as I think he will get some decent opportunity with Tigers vfl.
Wait till you see this bloke in full flight. Good luck stopping him.
Nash Holmes absolute JET! HOLMES-scaled.jpg

SWOOPINGTIME

Yes Heard Good things, will be curious to see how we goes. Main reason for leaving Deer park given they are heading into top flight football in EDFL

The love of a scenic drive to mont every week?

Wouldn't he be mates with Lentini, they both played at Port Melb? Hooper from Port also aligned to Mont, mates at the same club by the looks.

Last edited:
Have done that research and still find nothing of what you are speaking about.
Paul Harris the senior coach
4x Ivanhoe Best and fairest winner , club captain and coach and competition B&F winner
Assistant Ryan Fort and Football manager Adam McBrien
Club captain and B&F Mitch Lovell
Best and Fairest winner Rueben Blackmore-Moore
VFL rep Viv Blackmore~Moore
Liam Jacob played in a GF for the hoes as did Reece Cotter ( before doing his knee in a practice match for Banyule and retiring)

You’ll make an outstanding historian Long time 😄

Last edited:
4x Ivanhoe Best and fairest winner , club captain and coach and competition B&F winner
Liam Jacob played in a GF for the hoes as did Reece Cotter ( before doing his knee in a practice match for Banyule and retiring)

Didn't Harris play for Banyule before Ivanhoe?

Surprising you believe Banyule took all of them from Ivanhoe.
From what I researched Rueben, Liam and Reece were all cleared from country club.
Looks like Lovell hadn't played for a year or 2 before putting in a transfer.
Weren't the coach, assistant and football manager all at Bundoora before Banyule.

Anyway all helps Ivanhoe if they get a few of them back involved at the club in the future.

Looking forward to the action kicking off this weekend, especially the twilight game at Shelly St. Should be a ripper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't he be mates with Lentini, they both played at Port Melb? Hooper from Port also aligned to Mont, mates at the same club by the looks.
The old saying CASH IS KING, and yes, he has a crew of mates who don the BLACK AND WHITE. Hope he has a ripper year and Mont doesn't choke again come finals.

SWOOPINGTIME

The old saying CASH IS KING, and yes, he has a crew of mates who don the BLACK AND WHITE. Hope he has a ripper year and Mont doesn't choke again come finals.

SWOOPINGTIME
Appreciate the hype, looking forward to seeing him in action.

Cash is definitely king, but if you can get it and play with mates then good on him. Won't be the first or last player in that position.

Deer Park.
Correct, it would be a huge risk playing him this week. Very limited base of fitness. From other Forums, DP are conceding a 10-goal thumping already this week so why bother. And before people say, " he has natural fitness", I witnessed him weekly at North when he was peak fitness and he still had injuries.

Anyway, that's EDFL. Just glad Round 1 is finally here. Shelley street 4.25pm hopefully puts on an epic match.

Mont v bulls will also be Interesting. I reckon we will get a good indication if the bulls are cooked or if the core of players left can still push for a finals spot.

Correct, it would be a huge risk playing him this week. Very limited base of fitness. From other Forums, DP are conceding a 10-goal thumping already this week so why bother. And before people say, " he has natural fitness", I witnessed him weekly at North when he was peak fitness and he still had injuries.

Anyway, that's EDFL. Just glad Round 1 is finally here. Shelley street 4.25pm hopefully puts on an epic match.

Mont v bulls will also be Interesting. I reckon we will get a good indication if the bulls are cooked or if the core of players left can still push for a finals spot.
Bulls still have enough quality to be decent. When injuries hit different story.

North maybe not as strong as i thought looking at their side. Lets see tonight!

Bulls still have enough quality to be decent. When injuries hit different story.

North maybe not as strong as i thought looking at their side. Lets see tonight!

Yes 3 walk up starts all suspended for today including the skipper but every club will face their injury/suspensions through the year so no excuses.

Hurstbridge got a scare for 3 quarters today. Were basically full strength. Eltham looked like they are adapting to division one football nicely

Remove this Banner Ad

Back