NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

And to say it’s Terrible is funny as I am just stating what I think ... it took you until Monday afternoon to get on about Saturday where usually you are on as soon as you hit the changerooms from walking off the ground on a Saturday when you’ve won 😂
I said your comment was terrible because your opinion on Colaidis was terrible. As far as not getting on straight after a loss, I’m not sure why that’s a surprise, Morang lost.... generally when supporting a team you don’t carry on after a loss.

Kittycat or Swoopingtime
Can one of you shed any light on why
M.Bell & A.Macus ......Cannot break into the seniors are after being in the best 3......9 out of the 11 games....
I know Mernda had a great win on the weekend and it’s hard to break into that side....GEE THERE STIFF ?????
I'm assuming your talking about
Michael Arcus his a cracker bloke who puts his body on the line week after week, but I believe he isn't interested in playing 1s. He definitely has the ability to play 1s but he enjoys playing 2s.

Madison Bell I can't tell you anything regarding him.

Sorry I couldn't answer your question.

The only smashing Morang got was from the Umpires........
😂😂😂😂 your kidding yea? Face it, a team got the better of you on the day. End of story!!
I've never heard a bunch a whinging sooks towards the Umpires in my life.
Your coaches box could be heard from across the oval abusing the Umpires.
Pretty embarrassing tbh.

Lol! To all the people who think Mernda are somewhat coming into form let’s look at the harsh reality, they beat a team who they are expected to beat last week and the week before they lost and the week before that they also lost. Pushing a team to the final quarter doesn’t account for anything in my books, +0 points on the ladder at the end of the day. Teams that make finals need to have a cutting edge and need to be able to play four quarters of footy and to put it simply, Mernda does not have this (yet?).
This week is a massive test for them, a convincing win could spring some confidence into the youth filled side which they might be able to carry onto the remaining games and cause some upset…

Dinosaur, out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Predictions for every Northern Football League club’s run home

Northern football scores: run home, every club’s predicted finish | Herald Sun

There’s just five rounds remaining in the 2021 Northern Football League season.

We’ve studied the fixture to try and predict who makes finals and who faces relegation in the frantic run home.

The finals races are still wide open in all three divisions while the wooden spoon battle is far from over as well.

Check out our verdict on every club and see the final ladder predictions below.

SOUTH MORANG

Ladder
: First (10-0-1, 209.85%, 40pts)

Run home: Reservoir (A), Kilmore (A), Heidelberg West (H), Old Eltham (H), Laurimar (A)

Prediction: The Lions undefeated start is over and they’ll look to take our their frustrations on unlucky Reservoir. Kilmore and Laurimar away loom a critical battles but South Morang are a team on a mission this season. It’s hard to see them dropping another one before finals. Finish 15-1.

LAURIMAR

Ladder
: Second (9-0-2, 191.74%, 36pts)

Run home: Kilmore (A), Mernda (A), Old Eltham (A), Lalor (H), South Morang (H)

Prediction: The Power broke South Morang’s undefeated start to the season and will take plenty of confidence from the win heading into a final round rematch against the Lions and likely qualifying final clash. Kilmore at Clancy Reserve is no easy feat but Jimmy Atkins boys are up and about. Finish: 13-3.

KILMORE

Ladder
: Third (8-0-3, 182.71%, 32pts)

Run home: Laurimar (H), South Morang (H), Lalor (A), Mernda (A), Old Eltham (H)

Prediction: Was the loss to Old Eltham the kick the Blues needed? They looked shaky against Mernda the week before and face a tough fortnight. Avenging the loss to Collegians in the final round should lock in a home final trilogy clash against the Turtles or Heidelberg West. Finish: 11-5.

OLD ELTHAM COLLEGIANS

Ladder
; Fourth (7-0-4, 131.94%, 28pts)

Run home: Heidelberg West (H), Reservoir (A), Laurimar (H), Sth Morang (A), Kilmore (A)

Prediction: Collegians are on the brink of a maiden NFL finals appearance and can all but wrap up fourth with a win this Saturday. The Turtles are riding high after upsetting Kilmore and have home ground advantage. The rest of the season looks tough but a superior percentage could prove critical. Finish 9-7.

HEIDELBERG WEST

Ladder
: Fifth (6-0-5, 117.46%, 24pts)

Run home: Old Eltham (A), Lalor (H), South Morang (A), Reservoir (A), Mernda (H)

Prediction: Essentially, it all comes down to his Saturday. Win and the season is still alive, lose the Hawks will need a miracle to break their finals drought. West’s form since the lockdown doesn’t create confidence but they should win at least three more games and then it will come down to percentage. Finish 9-7.

MERNDA

Ladder
: Sixth (3-0-8, 98.40%, 12pts)

Run home: Lalor (A), Laurimar (H), Reservoir (H), Kilmore (H), Heidelberg West (A)

Prediction: A season that started with finals hopes quickly unravelled. However, there’s some green shoots to borrow a Brendan Bolton phrase with a nine point loss to Kilmore and improved showing against South Morang. Finish 5-11.

LALOR

Ladder
: Seventh (1-0-10, 48.92%, 4pts)

Run home: Mernda (H), Heidelberg West (A), Kilmore (H), Laurimar (A), Reservoir (H)

Prediction: The Bloods have made some good strides this season but still only have one win to their name. Can they pick up another before the final-round clash against Reservoir? They’ll fancy their chances against Mernda at home this week but we’re not brave enough to tip them. Finish 2-14.

RESERVOIR

Ladder
: Eighth (0-0-11, 20.30%, 0pts)

Run home: South Morang (A), Old Eltham (H), Mernda (A), Heidelberg West (H), Lalor (A)

Prediction: Another tough year for the Mustangs and it’s hard to see where a win will come from to be honest. Hopefully Jason Hamilton sticks around to continue building the foundations he has put in place. Finish 0-16.

Division 3
South Morang (15-1)
Laurimar (13-3)
Kilmore (11-5)
Old Eltham Collegians (9-7)
Heidelberg West (9-7)
Mernda (5-11)
Lalor (2-14)
Reservoir (0-16)

Turtles over west by 11 big game for both teams the winner likely to cement 4th.

Laurimar by 15 over Kilmore. The power are rolling and full of confidence and Kilmore seem to be struggling to score and rely heavily on midfield output. Ryall out is big

Mernda over Lalor by 60. Would love to see Lalor get a win against someone other than Reservoir but they are shot and conceding massive scores each week and rely on Rexhepi to heavily.

Morang by 180 over Reservoir.

Surprised they didn’t at least advertise. Anyway if they are confident they have the right coach good on them.
Its going under the radar how bad they are. I keep reading that they have improved but statistically they have gone backwards. Alarming when you consider the age of there best players. They need a few kids to come through and invest time into them and forget about recruiting ex north and west players.

For 54.5
Against 108

For 55
Against 114

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its going under the radar how bad they are. I keep reading that they have improved but statistically they have gone backwards. Alarming when you consider the age of there best players. They need a few kids to come through and invest time into them and forget about recruiting ex north and west players.

For 54.5
Against 108

For 55
Against 114
Very good point, as they say stats dont lie and that clearly shows no improvement at all. Well you can say half a point better LOL

For 54.5
Against 108

For 55
Against 114
Tbh I think they have improved.

Start of the year they had good games against West and Eltham.

Yes post lockdown it’s been disappointing but how do you keep guys motivated with a 3 week break when your season was over.

27 point loss to Mernda
7 point loss to old Eltham
7 point loss to west

They are all reasonably positive results.

As for “considering the age of their best players”

They have all performed reasonably well. It’s easy to say “play kids” but they don’t really have many and it’s hard to attract when your struggling. Try an sneak a few wins and you’ll be able to attract more players like West Heidelberg and Old Eltham have managed to do, both who have been in similar positions not all that long ago.

They were never going to get out of this overnight.

Reservoir are really struggling, their seniors haven’t looked close to even being competitive.

😂😂😂😂 your kidding yea? Face it, a team got the better of you on the day. End of story!!
I've never heard a bunch a whinging sooks towards the Umpires in my life.
Your coaches box could be heard from across the oval abusing the Umpires.
Pretty embarrassing tbh.
Fair Marlin I’ve caught here. 🐟

lockdown, surely 14 games play everyone twice?

If every team were to play eachother twice and it were a 14 round season would mean:

Morang - Kilmore, Turtles, Reservoir
Laurimar - Turtles, Mernda, Kilmore
Kilmore - Laurimar, Morang, lalor
Turtles - west, Laurimar, Morang
West - Reservoir, turtles, Mernda

Seems the most even way unless the teams that each team were supposed to play 3 times was rejigged again to ensure the fixture isn’t compromised.

If the league decided to still have 15 rounds maybe a round where team plays the other a third time could be ladder position based? This is probably the most even way seeing as there will be only one circumstance for the season where teams play another team for a third time in the season.

Laurimar v morang (already fixtured to play 3 times)
Kilmore v turtles (already fixtured to play 3 times)
West v mernda
Reservoir v lalor

Last edited:
If every team were to play eachother twice and it were a 14 round season would mean:

Morang - Kilmore, Turtles, Reservoir
Laurimar - Turtles, Mernda, Kilmore
Turtles - west, Laurimar, Morang
West - Reservoir, turtles, Mernda

Seems the most even way unless the teams that each team were supposed to play 3 times was rejigged again to ensure the fixture isn’t compromised.

If the league decided to still have 15 rounds maybe a round where team plays the other a third time could be ladder position based? This is probably the most even way seeing as there will be only one circumstance for the season where teams play another team for a third time in the season.

Laurimar v morang (already fixtured to play 3 times)
Kilmore v turtles (already fixtured to play 3 times)
West v mernda
Reservoir v lalor
No matter how you spin it. The season is a debacle.
Gotta feel for the teams and players trying to fight for finals and maintain momentum.

No matter how you spin it. The season is a debacle.
Gotta feel for the teams and players trying to fight for finals and maintain momentum.
End of the day the best team will still win the flag let’s be honest. At least D3 isn’t dealing with relegation.

Either Turtles or West may get lucky or unlucky to make finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back