List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
He looks like he will be a good long term player for your side. I am open minded here as if the players we took ie berry, rowe, thilthorpe, pedlar and cook all go on to have strong careers then it evens itself out in the end...but what a great start to his career
I always knew Luke had AFL qualities but I see him more as a best 22 reliable journeyman, athletically quite average but decent skills and excellent composure and decision making. Lack of pace his weakness. You knew exactly what you were getting a long way out from the draft though the bad concussion he copped late in his draft year that saw him miss a fair stretch of games wasn't helpful.

Put that up against the potential, upside and X factor Brayden Cook showed in in his one season in an elite program at the Panthers no doubt Hamish and his crew think if his development goes well he could be a very special player.

It will be interesting to see where the James Rowe vs Luke Edwards story goes over the next few seasons.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
I thought it was well established that he wasn’t worth the head fu** of dealing with the Edwards family again.
Thay may very well have been the sticking point I think.

Be funny if we rookie Brodie this year who has been showing gradual improvement for the Bays

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I always knew Luke had AFL qualities but I see him more as a best 22 reliable journeyman, athletically quite average but decent skills and excellent composure and decision making. Lack of pace his weakness. You knew exactly what you were getting a long way out from the draft though the bad concussion he copped late in his draft year that saw him miss a fair stretch of games wasn't helpful.

Put that up against the potential, upside and X factor Brayden Cook showed in in his one season in an elite program at the Panthers no doubt Hamish and his crew think if his development goes well he could be a very special player.

It will be interesting to see where the James Rowe vs Luke Edwards story goes over the next few seasons.
Unlike a few on our board, i am actually quite bullish with rowe. Again he missed that shot on the siren but had he got it it would have been another multiple goal game in his 1st season at this level. He also had a high possession game a few games back and they are all good signs going forward that he will be a good player for us..he is also crafty with the ball in hand

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
I thought it was well established that he wasn’t worth the head fu** of dealing with the Edwards family again.

Bingo, if the family weren't a bunch of w***ers, he'd be here. And we were proven right over Jackson as well.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Unless they have big Carnival's or get elevated to their SANFL's League team my guess would be back half of the draft - rookie a possibility even. Dudley's more generally has been playing a lot of midfield throughout his junior career and at his size that's not happening at AFL level. O'Loughlin has the small attacking defender role down pat but I'd really like to see him tried forward at his size, certainly well skilled. Both named in the U18's this week again, O'Loughlin played reserves last week but unlike his prolific disposal numbers at U18's level he struggled with only 11 touches.
What is their speed like Bicks ? We need pressure applying forward with speed

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

"decent skills and excellent composure and decision making"....

So what your saying is the kid knows how to play and is a natural footballer...
These so called professional recruiting gurus are a joke.
Anyone that knows football can tell in a very short period of time if a bloke can play or not.
But hey he cant run the 100m sprint in 5 seconds so nah won't make it 🙄

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Bingo, if the family weren't a bunch of w***ers, he'd be here. And we were proven right over Jackson as well.
We were proven wrong with Jackson given that he's nowhere near AFL standard and we drafted him

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Only we could stuff up a father son free hit. This isn't some rookie listed player, he was AFL academy listed for a reason.
Also he was picked up at 52 for a reason? If he does make it then full credit to the West Coast development team as they identify the need and then taught and develop him to play in their system.

Only we could stuff up a father son free hit. This isn't some rookie listed player, he was AFL academy listed for a reason.

Isn't the first, won't be the last.

Sydney passed on Dunkley as an example.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
What is their speed like Bicks ? We need pressure applying forward with speed
Nothing wrong with Dudley liking the tackles.
1623746181765.png

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
I don’t have much of an issue with the whole “passing on Edwards” thing. There were so many factors at play which kinda made it almost impossible to take him.

1) We cut the senior list pretty far back in order to take 5 live picks to the draft.

2) We took 4 players inside the top 30, including Thilthorpe who looks a generational talent, Pedlar who has explosive attributes and was never getting past pick 20, Cook who is exactly that tallish, freakish, x-factor type that we lacked, and Berry who looks like a 200 game player in the making already.

3) That left us with one more pick. It’s your 5th pick of the draft, which just about any club is going to use to target a specific list NEED. With the situation with Stengle unfolding behind the scenes, the club knew that we desperately needed a goal kicking small forward (probably more than we needed anything else), hence targeting Rowe.

In order to secure Edwards, we would have in hindsight had to delist either Ronin O’Connor or Lachie Gollant, both of whom were contracted, OR just ignore the list need for a small forward and roll with Chayce Jones or someone else out of position instead of Rowe up there.

There’s nobody else currently on our senior list besides O’Connor or Gollant who was even in the frame to be delisted, bearing in mind that Frampton had 2 years to run on his contract when this decision was made, and Himmelberg was coming off an excellent 2nd half of 2020. Mackay, Davis and Strachan are all on the rookie list.

I would still take all 4 of Thilthorpe, Pedlar, Cook and Berry over Edwards in a heartbeat if the draft was held today. Rowe vs Edwards will be an interesting one to see unfold in the coming years, but I just don’t think Edwards fit our list needs at that stage. People may be forgetting that he’s not quick AT ALL.

Let’s see how the next couple of years pan out for Luke. Hell, let’s see how the next couple weeks pan out for him before getting too alarmed.

Back