Autopsy Nick Robertson says Gold Coast are "soft" (Only vanilla types allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-16/lion-slams-soft-suns-ahead-of-qclash

Seriously? how sanitised and watered down must this whole thing become. Only allowed to play AFL now if you're a cookie cutter/vanilla type who can happily read off a script

Robertsons comments show a bit of personality, a bit of honesty and adds to a rivalry that needs some guts about it.

Cant really believe Fagan's comments and the scorn Robertson is receiving over it, don't think he overstepped the mark at all. There was no need to apologise and he shouldn't have his coach sticking a plug in it.

Cant Gold Coast handle it? Do the supporters have a cry? Does the AFL want a league where no one is upset? Wtf is going on...

It’s just a dumb thing to say. GC aren’t a formidable opposition but why poke the bear?

Why not?

Sick of the fake humility and "respect" that is so often shown around the league TBH. I say dare the opposition to beat you, if they can.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-16/lion-slams-soft-suns-ahead-of-qclash

Seriously? how sanitised and watered down must this whole thing become. Only allowed to play AFL now if you're a cookie cutter/vanilla type who can happily read off a script

Robertsons comments show a bit of personality, a bit of honesty and adds to a rivalry that needs some guts about it.

Cant really believe Fagan's comments and the scorn Robertson is receiving over it, don't think he overstepped the mark at all. There was no need to apologise and he shouldn't have his coach sticking a plug in it.

Cant Gold Coast handle it? Do the supporters have a cry? Does the AFL want a league where no one is upset? Wtf is going on...
I hear ya, but Nick isn't exactly Muhammad Ali. Nor Jason Akermanis, to bring it closer to home. In the immortal words of Bette Midler: get some talent, then you can mouth off.

(Or be smart and do it on the internet anonymously)

It’s just dumb. I don’t think there’s anything ethically wrong with it, it just risks poking the bear.

He's probably confident there is no risk, and that they're not even bears.

What is he going to achieve from saying it?

The opportunity to be right, and to say "I told you so!" afterwards.

Adds a bit spice to an otherwise dull game on paper. Q Clash needs it, and I think it has a lot of potential if both clubs ever get to the stage where they are firing.

Little jabs like this can work too. GWS poked the bear a little when Ryan Griffen became a Giant in light of the Tom Boyd trade and tweeted the "be less bulldog'' thing. We've had a quasi rivalry ever since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure the AFL will be sending him a stern letter expressing their disappointment that one of their potty trained robots didn't tow the line and instead belittled their miserably poor franchise.

I liked it. Not often you hear that kind of thing, imagine if Hawthorn or Geelong said that about each other, there'd be a riot. Hope Gold Coast players come out and run straight through him. Could be an interesting game now.

I'm sure the AFL will be sending him a stern letter expressing their disappointment that one of their potty trained robots didn't tow the line and instead belittled their miserably poor franchise.

I liked it. Not often you hear that kind of thing, imagine if Hawthorn or Geelong said that about each other, there'd be a riot. Hope Gold Coast players come out and run straight through him. Could be an interesting game now.

In a game where no one would of cared much this at least gives it some interest.

Obviously at the moment Hawthorn v Geelong is a much higher stakes game so doesn’t need any more hype or ammunition to be given to either side.

I didn’t mind it. He spoke his mind, Knowing he will look like an idiot if they lose. If he came out and said that about his opponent after a loss, then that’s disrespectful, but before is just banter imo.

Realistically, If the Gold Coast need to use that as motivation to get up for this match, then really they shouldn’t be there.

Exactly, its gone from unwatchable dead rubber to semi-interesting to see if they have a good bout with some heart.
No wonder no one wants to support Gold Coast, who wants to support a soulless franchise? Tbh must clubs are soulless franchises, the ones that are successful just havent always been this way and its thanks to the rusted on fans from back in the day that they have such large followings.

I didn’t mind it. He spoke his mind, Knowing he will look like an idiot if they lose. If he came out and said that about his opponent after a loss, then that’s disrespectful, but before is just banter imo.

Realistically, If the Gold Coast need to use that as motivation to get up for this match, then really they shouldn’t be there.

Agreed, Gold Coast need to show something now, at least put up a challenge ffs.

Fagans comments are even more frustrating given that its just a game for pride. Theres nothing on the line, who cares if the players want to take stabs at each other. Player personality is non-existent in the AFL, its a big part of highly successful sports overseas, in particular football in Europe. Its all part of the annoying level of micromanagement that is basically top down in Australian culture.

Fagans comments are even more frustrating given that its just a game for pride. Theres nothing on the line, who cares if the players want to take stabs at each other. Player personality is non-existent in the AFL, its a big part of highly successful sports overseas, in particular football in Europe. Its all part of the annoying level of micromanagement that is basically top down in Australian culture.
100% agree. Couldn’t think of a single current player I’d be interested in seeing interviewed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back