Opinion Nick Vlastuin - how many games in 2013?

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone think he could Nab the Rising Star Award ? or will that go to that ruck man Collingwood recruited , Gunston or something I think his name is !

That's Brodie Grundy. And check, Tigger has him covered. :thumbsu:

will play the last 17 games of the year, will avg 17 disposals, will win most courages player award 17 times from his 17 games and then will be handed number 17 next season after becoming a fan favorite !!

will play the last 17 games of the year, will avg 17 disposals, will win most courages player award 17 times from his 17 games and then will be handed number 17 next season after becoming a fan favorite !!

Geez he'll have to actually kill himself if he's to beat Rance and Morris 17 times!

Loving the 'no tank' opinion. That's what supporters said about Cotch when they wanted to draft Cale Morton over Cotchin a few years back. I take it as a positive :)

Loving the 'no tank' opinion. That's what supporters said about Cotch when they wanted to draft Cale Morton over Cotchin a few years back. I take it as a positive :)

Shouldn't be an issue for long with the head he's got on him. He trains on Christmas day

Apart from the odd freak, I seriously doubt pretty much any player under 20 has anything like an AFL-level "tank" yet, even most of the ones that were described as having elite tanks at junior level.

He's a first round pick who's well built and highly rated internally. He might not play every single game, but he will still be given a fair few, we still need to play youth and continue to develop. It's about getting the mix right. I expect he may spend a lot of time as a sub but he will debut in round 1 and tipping 15+ for the year.

Martin goes alright at finding the footy without a tank. ;)

but he could be involved much more - put someone on him who will run all day, and he gets beaten.

Apart from the odd freak, I seriously doubt pretty much any player under 20 has anything like an AFL-level "tank" yet, even most of the ones that were described as having elite tanks at junior level.

Correct ! Andrew Gaff was substitute 15 times in his first season for this reason. Seems to have left the TAC Cup with a certain amount of fitness from memory.

Tipping he will be a fixture in the 22 from day 1 and then we go from there on how long he can maintain the rage. Lets face it, everyone was suggesting Ellis needs a rest, Ellis this, Ellis that and from what i saw Brandon was as good if not better at the arse end of the season as he was at the start. Nick will do the same and without seeing to much of his skills, just from the highlights, far and above what a Hellbig etc have to offer in the way of smarts and skills, in heavy traffic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tipping he will be a fixture in the 22 from day 1 and then we go from there on how long he can maintain the rage. Lets face it, everyone was suggesting Ellis needs a rest, Ellis this, Ellis that and from what i saw Brandon was as good if not better at the arse end of the season as he was at the start. Nick will do the same and without seeing to much of his skills, just from the highlights, far and above what a Hellbig etc have to offer in the way of smarts and skills, in heavy traffic.

Ellis was knackered at seasons end - did well to keep standing up each week (we had no other options), but you could see it at the end of games he was stuffed. Did bloody well to keep fronting up though, reckon it was almost like a second pre-season for him.

Ellis was knackered at seasons end - did well to keep standing up each week (we had no other options), but you could see it at the end of games he was stuffed. Did bloody well to keep fronting up though, reckon it was almost like a second pre-season for him.

So? Tipping being knackered at "seasons end" aint restricted to newbies dude. I cant buy this did well to stand up each week. He was hitting it at the end of the season like he was at the start IMO. This stuffed at the end of games is what the difference is putting it on the line on the day and leaving it all on the field and then doing it again the next week and so on. I mean how many times did you see Cuz look stuffed AT THE END OF GAMES in his career. Get used to it, professionals like Ellis and Cotch and others will lay it on the line every time.

So? Tipping being knackered at "seasons end" aint restricted to newbies dude. I cant buy this did well to stand up each week. He was hitting it at the end of the season like he was at the start IMO. This stuffed at the end of games is what the difference is putting it on the line on the day and leaving it all on the field and then doing it again the next week and so on. I mean how many times did you see Cuz look stuffed AT THE END OF GAMES in his career. Get used to it, professionals like Ellis and Cotch and others will lay it on the line every time.

you may want to speak to the coaches then.

early in the season, it was as you said. He would be stuffed after the game, but recover just enough to meet the requirements to get to run around again when the team was decided (much to the coaches surprise - they expected him to fall over).

Problem was by the end of the season, the wear was building and he would have been dropped purely for a rest if a suitable replacement was available.

He fought it out, and did well, but IMO we were very lucky he didn't get any injuries in that final stretch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back