Opinion Nick Vlastuin - how many games in 2013?

Remove this Banner Ad

There doesn't seem to be a spot waiting for him like Ellis and Morris had last year. I think he'll need to fight his way past Conca, Helbig or Dea for a game as a defensive mid. One these guys could have a form drop off and he could get his debut.

Would already have him ahead of Dea and Helbig and if he isnt then why on earth use a first round pick on him?

Would already have him ahead of Dea and Helbig and if he isnt then why on earth use a first round pick on him?
His skill set may be ahead of Dea and Helbig but his match readiness, experience level and game plan knowledge/familiarity are not and not likely to be prior to round one. As the season goes on yes - that's when he'll push in to the side.

At least 15 games. Will come into the side as a sub and will eventually secure a spot in the 21 rotating through the midfield from the HBF/HFF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reason I say I think he could have an Ellis like year is because I can see him pushing Newman up the ground and rotating of a HBF.

Morris Chaplin Grimes
Batchelor Rance Vlastuin/Houli

With Newman on a Wing/HFF

Reason I say I think he could have an Ellis like year is because I can see him pushing Newman up the ground and rotating of a HBF.

Morris Chaplin Grimes
Batchelor Rance Vlastuin/Houli

With Newman on a Wing/HFF
He doesn't have the elite endurance Ellis has though which puts him at a disadvantage. Reckon he will play around 10-15 myself.
Good to have depth for once rather then first round draft pick walking in and playing every game almost guaranteed.

He doesn't have the elite endurance Ellis has though which puts him at a disadvantage. Reckon he will play around 10-15 myself.
Good to have depth for once rather then first round draft pick walking in and playing every game almost guaranteed.

That's true. 10-15 is probably around the mark, would be a good result for him. Can't wait to see this kid in Y&B, crunching his first unsuspecting victim.

I think he will play close to 20 games, no idea who goes out for him though

It's a good question because none of us have any idea. He could have an Ellis type year, but then we didn't have the depth last year that we will in '13.
He does look the goods and ready to go. 12-16 for mine.
Or NFI. :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back