AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see the women channeling the men’s team tradition of poor final round performances that (may) compromise finals matchups (1993 Footscray, 2008 Port, 2012 GWS, probably others I have forgotten or blanked from my memory).
Not sure how taking the foot off the pedal in the last quarter to cruise to a big win that should cement their spot is anything like the same as those matches, which were losses that torpedoed the chance of either making finals or doing anything in them.

Good to see the women channeling the men’s team tradition of poor final round performances that (may) compromise finals matchups (1993 Footscray, 2008 Port, 2012 GWS, probably others I have forgotten or blanked from my memory).
don't forget 2008 vs port

don't forget 2008 vs port
Always funny when when people respond to dumb posts with even dumber posts. He mentioned 2008 vs Port, I highlighted it for you. :)

You're like a weird little Gremlin, should never post after midnight.;)

Always funny when when people respond to dumb posts with even dumber posts. He mentioned 2008 vs Port, I highlighted it for you. :)

You're like a weird little Gremlin, should never post after midnight.;)
sometimes the brain just skips over words. can't explain it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you have to go back 30 years to cite just 3 very isolated examples of a "tradition" and when you deliberately overlook the context of any of those particular examples, and when you are referring to a very comfortable win as a poor performance, then you are probably not establishing a tradition of poor performance.

Catching up on the replay. Missed a few sitters but otherwise the second quarter was the best our women have played all year. Mostered the contests and also used it well, including going into the 50.

I hadn’t heard the stat before that they quoted, we have the third most forward 50 entries and the worst conversion rate in the league this season. So not our imagination that improvement is all about the forward line. Emma King firing makes a massive difference.

Did anyone notice the inexplicable free-kick given to WCE when the umpire called for a ball up? I couldn't figure it out at the time and watched the replay and the commentators were waffling on about something else and didn't even notice. I suspect it was for time-wasting as one of our players didn't give the ball back to the umpire or maybe it was abuse or dissension. Either way, these are new interpretations for the men's season but there was no mention that they would be brought in for the women's comp in the middle of the season. I wonder if the umpire was getting a little ahead of himself.

Glad to hear Emma Kearney’s assessment at the end of the game. 100% right.

Also for all the flatness of the last couple of weeks and the last quarter yesterday, we have finished comfortably for finals, not just scraped in at the last gasp, not far off the top of the ladder and having performed pretty solidly overall. It has been a disrupted season and a close one (in the top half mostly, but with some upsets too), so let’s enjoy having got to the finals and whatever happens now.

Glad to hear Emma Kearney’s assessment at the end of the game. 100% right.

Also for all the flatness of the last couple of weeks and the last quarter yesterday, we have finished comfortably for finals, not just scraped in at the last gasp, not far off the top of the ladder and having performed pretty solidly overall. It has been a disrupted season and a close one (in the top half mostly, but with some upsets too), so let’s enjoy having got to the finals and whatever happens now.

Win our next three and we have a flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back