No time like the Present. Which player/s actions will lift and lead the Tiges through this period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
We all know we have lost our captain and 2 vice captains. All leaders of their zones on the field. No arguing that creates a huge void.

We have lost Dusty for a couple and deservedly so too. Short is gone for a few as well. Still not sure on Caddy and Houli's return as well.

We know someone will be named as fill in captain, and it's a great question, on who will be named as stand in. But that's not necessarily what I am asking.

It's the perfect time for a player or two to step up and lead from the front, let there actions inspire other players, the kids in the team.

Will it be Vlas, Grimes or Edward's or will it even be a Graham or Higgins.

The next few weeks may be a difficult time for the Tiges, but it could end up being the making a few of our tier 2 players.

Last edited:

Surprised nobody has mentioned Grimes for stand in captain.
Embodies everything we stand for as a football club.
On field and off field leadership. Leads by his own actions, as well as an out and our gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Going under the radar as usual.. Everyone talking about Rance missing GWS and Cameron getting off the chain... If Grimes had been there no way he kicks those goals and gets the 30 possessions! Having our two most athletic key defenders in one hit is a big blow.

well astbury has turned to water since rance went down
the forward line is already tom’s but he has a short hand dealt to him
caddy’s return will galvanise some
grimes needs to find his voice as does shedda
young leaders like CJ and ross need to come in, then hopefully the chaff starts to wake up from their stupor

We all know we have lost our captain and 2 vice captains. All leaders of their zones on the field. No arguing that creates a huge void.

We have lost Dusty for a couple and deservedly so too. Short is gone for a few as well. Still not sure on Caddy and Houli's return as well.

We know someone will be named as fill in captain, and it's a great question, on who will be named as stand in. But that's not necessarily what I am asking.

It's the perfect time for a player or two to step up and lead from the front, let there actions inspire other players, the kids in the team.

Will it be Vlas, Grimes or Edward's or will it even be a Graham or Higgins.

The next few weeks may be a difficult time for the Tiges, but it could end up being the making a few of our tier 2 players.

If they watch Stack's game and are not inspired then there is no hope. The only one I can see been captain of the remaining crop is caddy.

It is going to have to be young blood. Great opportunity for some young kids like Ross, Bolton and a few others to come in to support Balta, Stack, Higgins etc and bond as young teams can. Luckily we get back Grimes, perhaps Houli and Caddy, so those young kids coming in will be replacing the under performing players anyway so should not weaken us to much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardwick - adjustments to the game plan are needed. With end to end play under 6-6-6, we look fatigued and our skills are suffering. Chaos ball is no longer an ally. It creates easy rebound, so more disciplined fwd entries are needed.

Lynch - I'm shocked he doesn't get more of a mention in leadership discussion. He's been enormous and is just finding fitness. Would thrive on the challenge of acting captain.

Belief - our best is still incredible so back the systems with mature tweaks. Break even at the half way point and storm home in the second part of the year. We are still in this.

The guy who gave away the first goal on Saturday? Lol I think not.

If the requirement for captaincy was that you could never make a single mistake or have a poor game then you might as well just scrap the role altogether.

If the requirement for captaincy was that you could never make a single mistake or have a poor game then you might as well just scrap the role altogether.
Not never but Saturday was a chance for him to show true leadership traits and he failed miserably. A true leader would have been given the reigns in our backhalf but no he was banished to the forward line because he was that much of a liability. FFS even Stack showed more poise under pressure than Vlastuin.

Hardwick - adjustments to the game plan are needed. With end to end play under 6-6-6, we look fatigued and our skills are suffering. Chaos ball is no longer an ally. It creates easy rebound, so more disciplined fwd entries are needed.

Lynch - I'm shocked he doesn't get more of a mention in leadership discussion. He's been enormous and is just finding fitness. Would thrive on the challenge of acting captain.

Belief - our best is still incredible so back the systems with mature tweaks. Break even at the half way point and storm home in the second part of the year. We are still in this.
I reckon Lynch has the potential. However he’s been at Richmond for 6 months. Some people might be thinking he isn’t ingrained enough, despite the fact that I wouldn’t be surprised if his leadership qualities were part of why we went so hard for him along with his obvious talent.

I think it's time for the 3 GC boys to take up the leadership void. All have experience and could work off eachother well.

Which player and which action? If Butler lays a tackle, that could kick start a football revolution within our club. The other one is Ellis streaming forward and then hitting a target by foot. Either one of these and I’ll probably fall off my chair so out on the field anything can happen.
But who am I kidding, either of these are highly unlikely.

I’d just love him to get more of the ball. Needs another 10 disposals a game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah....didn’t have much creativity coming forward with shedda down back Rioli could be good at it.
Hope he gets a few goals next game to

Not never but Saturday was a chance for him to show true leadership traits and he failed miserably. A true leader would have been given the reigns in our backhalf but no he was banished to the forward line because he was that much of a liability. FFS even Stack showed more poise under pressure than Vlastuin.

his head is all over the shop. dimma playing him on taller opponents as well as asking him to be the interceptor general. getting the jake batchelor treatment. needs some late night chats with leppa to get his game back on track

On saturday Nank, Shedda, Lynch and Stack really stood up. Hopefully we can add Grimes, Prestia and Floss to that from this week onwards. Got a feeling once Ross comes in he'll be massive for us with the defensive energy he'll bring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back