No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has McLean been dropped? Is he getable?

Just a little hypothetical fun, how would Dogs fans see a trade of Smith and a pick in the mid 20's for McLean?
I'd be furious with a trade like that, but I also think it's realistic. McLean would be worth roughly a late 1st (somewhere in the teens) so Smith + 24 or something like that is probably realistic, if it actually came to it

Why has McLean been dropped? Is he getable?

Just a little hypothetical fun, how would Dogs fans see a trade of Smith and a pick in the mid 20's for McLean?
First rounder with Smith as steak knives might tempt us but even then I think we'd rather keep him. We gave him a four year contract extension last year so I don't think we are so short sighted to move him on because he's been down on form for half a season.

First rounder with Smith as steak knives might tempt us but even then I think we'd rather keep him. We gave him a four year contract extension last year so I don't think we are so short sighted to move him on because he's been down on form for half a season.

That's clearly overvaluing him.

But anyhow, semantics, as you said, he isn't going anywhere.

THE carry on over Blakey is a joke.

Talk him up like he is the next Buddy.

Had 10 disposals and 3/4 of them in the last when everyone else who has done something is tired

Big call - but I don't know if there's been an eighteen year old who can influence a game with as few touches as Nick Blakey since the Bont.

Only gets a game because his old man is at the club, bit like Silvani at Carltank

I wouldn’t go that far he is no potato but they carry on like he is the next superstar.

Did next to * all last night until the last qrt when the Hawks old blokes slowed down

Blakey is going to be very very good and if his dad is any indication for a long time. The problem from my point of view is that bloody academy that allow them to get him. If I were the Lions or Roos I’d be a little more unhappy about that than we are.

Blakey is going to be very very good and if his dad is any indication for a long time. The problem from my point of view is that bloody academy that allow them to get him. If I were the Lions or Roos I’d be a little more unhappy about that than we are.
Wonder how long they'll continue flashing to Dad in the coaches' box every time he takes a mark or kicks a goal. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only gets a game because his old man is at the club, bit like Silvani at Carltank

Have you seen him play? If you have this is a farcical statement to make.

Jack Silvagni has never had the impact in a game like Blakey can have in 5 min. Every team in the comp would want him on their list. Outside of Carlton (possibly GWS, who knows how many favours they owe SoS after him trading picks for their deadwood...) no one would take on Silvagni.

Have you seen him play? If you have this is a farcical statement to make.

Jack Silvagni has never had the impact in a game like Blakey can have in 5 min. Every team in the comp would want him on their list. Outside of Carlton (possibly GWS, who knows how many favours they owe SoS after him trading picks for their deadwood...) no one would take on Silvagni.

Nek minute...

Beveridge and Power eye out of favour Carlton youngster to pair with Billy Gowers during the trade period.

The carry on was probably excessive but I thought Blakey was (and is) really good. He’s about 20 kg underweight and he’s a few seasons away from 4 quarter performances but he’s shown enough that he is going to be really good. It’s a joke that Sydney got him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back