No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would have Ben king over his brother in our side all day everyday and twice on Sundays

Ben is better than Max I agree.

Ben seems to be a deep forward. He'd be the type to compliment Naughton nicely (whom I believe is a better CHF).

We will have Naught and JUH together so we don't need either King.

"
Richmond didn't get rid of/let go of butler. They looked after a fringe player and got him to the club he wanted to go for cheap and on top of that waited till we'd done all 50 of the other trades we pulled off last year and accepted the scraps.

It's what good clubs do. I'm sure we'll be happy to return the favour in a couple years after a couple flags :D"

Lol Saints

They have overpayed for everyone, but those young players are going to want their slice, will be interesting to watch.
There will come a squeeze on some of the salary cap. And either they will move on the mercenaries or push out some of their talented youth.
Hunter Clark is going to want more on his next contract

Why wouldn't they keep spending if they have the ability. I'd hope we do also.
Saints are already deep in debt, the bucket can only run so deep. What do they have in the way of trade collateral to get a deal done Ben King is in contract so the Suns hold the whip hand in any negotiations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints are already deep in debt, the bucket can only run so deep. What do they have in the way of trade collateral to get a deal done Ben King is in contract so the Suns hold the whip hand in any negotiations
Debt means nothing when it comes to salary cap. Especially when the AFL is giving the saints more money than any other team. Hell they were so mismanaged that they essentially would have folded a few years back if the AFL hadn’t given them all the money in the world. Not that we can talk.

Absolutely Suns are in pole position, but that's not what I said. I was simply saying just because they got a few last year, if they have resources to go again, why wouldn't they. As for the club's debt, that isn't really related to the salary cap as such, as all clubs pay minimum 95% of salary cap each year anyway.

Absolutely Suns are in pole position, but that's not what I said. I was simply saying just because they got a few last year, if they have resources to go again, why wouldn't they. As for the club's debt, that isn't really related to the salary cap as such, as all clubs pay minimum 95% of salary cap each year anyway.
I understood your position, but Saints have likely overpaid for those that they brought in. And would they have enough of a war chest left to be able to afford the cost of B King. The debt is not wholly relevant to the salary cap but it does indicate mismanagement, which could then be extrapolated too possible mismanagement of the salary cap . Given how desperate the Saints were to be relevant not really a huge stretch imo

I understood your position, but Saints have likely overpaid for those that they brought in. And would they have enough of a war chest left to be able to afford the cost of B King. The debt is not wholly relevant to the salary cap but it does indicate mismanagement, which could then be extrapolated too possible mismanagement of the salary cap . Given how desperate the Saints were to be relevant not really a huge stretch imo

I think Max is more likely to be tempted to GC than Ben to Saints. Better list and lots of cap space. I know Max grew up a Saints man but unless they can get in more quality via FA, then I don’t see them winning a flag. Without the flag, I think Max heads to GC.

I think Max is more likely to be tempted to GC than Ben to Saints. Better list and lots of cap space. I know Max grew up a Saints man but unless they can get in more quality via FA, then I don’t see them winning a flag. Without the flag, I think Max heads to GC.
Saints don't have the depth in their squad to win a flag. A couple of injuries to key players and they would be pretty ordinary team. If they had injuries like ours I think they would be scratching pretty hard and likely bottom four

If Gold Coast can keep their squad together they would be closer to a flag than the Saints. So wouldn't ultimately wouldn't surprise if Max went North to the Suns

I would have Ben king over his brother in our side all day everyday and twice on Sundays
I wouldn't. Max is a full year behind in AFL experience and development. They're both brilliant, but Max does some incredible things for a 200cm+ teenager. I'd back him in to ultimately be the better of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back