No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynch said there wasn’t much in the incident.

“It was just an open hand and pushed off. That was it,” Lynch said on ABC.

“I’m not too sure, he (Collins) was a bit angry about that.

“It was just an open hand to the chest, which as key forwards, is what you want to do.”

Wow.

For all the justified negativity about how Richmond go about it, the flip side for me at present is Shai Bolton. Gee he's a joy to watch with ball in hand.

For all the justified negativity about how Richmond go about it, the flip side for me at present is Shai Bolton. Gee he's a joy to watch with ball in hand.

He’s gone from gettable to no chance in the last 12-24 months

Not sure how much I'm liking Rankine so far. Already staging and he hasn't even cracked double digit games

Not sure how much I'm liking Rankine so far. Already staging and he hasn't even cracked double digit games

I notice that too. He must never have had an acting class in high school. Too much sport.

Anyone else across this? A non-indigenous company with shonky director has the sole rights for the RYB flag to appear on any clothing! Firstly, the indigenous artist who owns the original copyright sounds like a traitor, and surely govt have to step in and rectify the situation.

First article is about the issue with the current indigenous round, second a back story to how these shysters are profiting from the clueless artist.

Anyone else across this? A non-indigenous company with shonky director has the sole rights for the RYB flag to appear on any clothing! Firstly, the indigenous artist who owns the original copyright sounds like a traitor, and surely govt have to step in and rectify the situation.

First article is about the issue with the current indigenous round, second a back story to how these shysters are profiting from the clueless artist.
Not across it but heard a snippet of what had occurred yesterday. I missed why the guy sold it to the company in the first place. Are all flags copyrighted? I would have thought national flags would be exempt from this sort of thing.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

How does anyone own a flag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does anyone own a flag?

The artist who designed the original owns the design. For whatever purposes (greed, naivety) he has licensed it to 3 different companies for use of the flag on merchandise or clothing. The clothing company has a director with a dodgy history, and is refusing to allow the AFL and NRL, amongst others, to use the official indigenous flag on their clothing, including for indigenous round clothing.

The artist who designed the original owns the design. For whatever purposes (greed, naivety) he has licensed it to 3 different companies for use of the flag on merchandise or clothing. The clothing company has a director with a dodgy history, and is refusing to allow the AFL and NRL, amongst others, to use the official indigenous flag on their clothing, including for indigenous round clothing.

I can’t understand how it’s legal to purchase a flag no matter who “designed” it

I also can’t understand how anyone would hold it to ransom to make money but as I said in another thread humans are mostly god awful so i guess it doesn’t Surprise me

I can’t understand how it’s legal to purchase a flag no matter who “designed” it

I also can’t understand how anyone would hold it to ransom to make money but as I said in another thread humans are mostly god awful so i guess it doesn’t Surprise me
My stepmum worked for years in indigenous affairs. She says it's incredible the level of greed amongst various "indigenous" corporations. Theft and corruption are rampant. It's no wonder progress to close the gap takes so long when you have so many leaders in the area (both indigenous and non-indigenous) who only look out for themselves. This is just another example of it

My stepmum worked for years in indigenous affairs. She says it's incredible the level of greed amongst various "indigenous" corporations. Theft and corruption are rampant. It's no wonder progress to close the gap takes so long when you have so many leaders in the area (both indigenous and non-indigenous) who only look out for themselves. This is just another example of it

In this example, the artist has sold the rights to a non-indigenous clothing company. Doesn't seem to care that most other indigenous people now can't access the flag they use to represent them. Like I said earlier, he seems clueless about what has happened anyway. Hopefully the govt steps in and buys the licence, so everyone can use it in the same way as the official Australian flag. Interestingly the Torres Strait flag is owned by a community organisation.

In this example, the artist has sold the rights to a non-indigenous clothing company. Doesn't seem to care that most other indigenous people now can't access the flag they use to represent them. Like I said earlier, he seems clueless about what has happened anyway. Hopefully the govt steps in and buys the licence, so everyone can use it in the same way as the official Australian flag. Interestingly the Torres Strait flag is owned by a community organisation.

All you need is one indigenous group to use the flag and the company who “owns” the rights to try and take them to court

The public backlash would end the company in weeks

All you need is one indigenous group to use the flag and the company who “owns” the rights to try and take them to court

The public backlash would end the company in weeks

Sadly, the company has already issued legal claims against the AFL and NRL (last year) and other small businesses this year. I agree with you, I don't see why someone doesn't challenge them in court, especially an AFL or NRL with financial clout, maybe partnering with an indigenous group. Certainly a "Castle" "it's the vibe" feeling about this one.

Anyone see Hardwick’s comments today re: Tom Lynch and David Schwarz?

What an absolute dill - and I usually quite like Hardwick.
The persona of Hardwick the player is coming out.
Use to hate him, mainly because of the clubs he played for, but just an annoying prick regardless.

Love those players at the dogs though.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back