MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL Discussion - 2017 - Finals. And yes , again its non Dees discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit record to go and have dinner, so I've just started the second half. Port seem to be at least making a contest, but now I just feel like I'm missing something with St Kilda, once the teal witches hats left the field and a small amount of pressure came on, they've imploded.

This 3rd qrt is just horrible. Port bomb it inside 50 to a St Kilda defender, St Kilda work it to 50 then bomb to a contest that gets turned over, and repeat ... ergh

What a terrible game that was. Saints good for a half then poor when a couple were rested. Port just ordinary.

What a terrible game that was. Saints good for a half then poor when a couple were rested. Port just ordinary.
Calling it a good half from the Saints is very generous ... just the 1st qrt for mine, and that was mostly because Port hadn't left the change rooms yet.

I know its only a preseason game, but not sure how either of those teams are playing finals this year.

I recorded the whole game hoping for something good to watch after work.

Safe to say I'm glad I accidentally saw the scores. I won't judge either teams prospects for 2017 off a practice match but it looked rubbish in the first quarter and I turned it off after.

I recorded the whole game hoping for something good to watch after work.

Safe to say I'm glad I accidentally saw the scores. I won't judge either teams prospects for 2017 off a practice match but it looked rubbish in the first quarter and I turned it off after.
If you weren't captivated by the first quarter then I shouldn't be in a rush to see the next three, if I was you. It was pretty uninspiring and horrible skills. Practise game, I guess. Really difficult to make anything of either team watching that.

If you weren't captivated by the first quarter then I shouldn't be in a rush to see the next three, if I was you. It was pretty uninspiring and horrible skills. Practise game, I guess. Really difficult to make anything of either team watching that.

Only saw the last but both teams looked like they didn't want to be out there.

Saints put the cue in the rack after half time and looked bloody slick up to that point.
2nd half one of the worst hours of footy I have ever seen.
It was horrible, wasn't it? I would be nervous as a Port supporter. They were practically begged to put it away and didn't. And their structure still looks fragile. Plus they don't look quicker than everyone these days.

It was horrible, wasn't it? I would be nervous as a Port supporter. They were practically begged to put it away and didn't. And their structure still looks fragile. Plus they don't look quicker than everyone these days.
Yep it was shite.
Dixon didn't fire a shot and Wingard looked lazy.
If that was a home and away fixture the Saints would have got up by 15 goals

Saints put the cue in the rack after half time and looked bloody slick up to that point.
2nd half one of the worst hours of footy I have ever seen.

I thought they looked really good in the first qrt (hard to say if that was them, or Port most responsible for that) and after that were pretty ordinary in general. In the first minute when Riewoldt takes that mark in defense and nails the risky kick into the centre which lead to the first goal of the game was literally the only highlight of the game.

I think St Kilda's disposal is going to be a real issue for them this year. As soon as Port put even a little bit of pressure on, they couldn't hit the side of a barn.

Port's biggest problem is that they're just no good. Their backline is made up for triers, their forward line is Dixon who seems to be getting worse and Wingard who seems to struggle with consistent application, and their midfield only has Boak and Wines as real quality. Going to be a tough first half of the season for Kenny ... then after that he probably needn't worry.

I thought they looked really good in the first qrt (hard to say if that was them, or Port most responsible for that) and after that were pretty ordinary in general. In the first minute when Riewoldt takes that mark in defense and nails the risky kick into the centre which lead to the first goal of the game was literally the only highlight of the game.

I think St Kilda's disposal is going to be a real issue for them this year. As soon as Port put even a little bit of pressure on, they couldn't hit the side of a barn.

Port's biggest problem is that they're just no good. Their backline is made up for triers, their forward line is Dixon who seems to be getting worse and Wingard who seems to struggle with consistent application, and their midfield only has Boak and Wines as real quality. Going to be a tough first half of the season for Kenny ... then after that he probably needn't worry.

Love it. We had similar problems in 2011-2014

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The collar on Adelaide's jumper should be brought up on disrepute charges. It looks so bad I'm struggling to come up with a sufficient metaphor to appropriately describe it.
Adelaide somehow always have slightly odd jumpers. But that one is pretty yuk

I still think they're too shallow at either end of the ground, but Prestia and Caddy seem to have gone a way to fixing their contested deficiencies.
Yeah but up forward Caddy looks to be handy and was it Castagna? Down back they are a bit thin though.

Nankervis looked to be a good pick up, I think they have gone forward.

Hard to tell, Adelaide were missing a lot of their starting midfield - Sloane, Thompson, Crouch.

Those three in probably break even with Richmond's midfield at least, which is also a concern for Adelaide's depth of inside players.

But Richmond do have a strong midfield now.

If you thought we we're taking things seriously, West Coast aren't messing around. Just checked the score, i thought Freo would be on the improve with their gets in the off season

If you thought we we're taking things seriously, West Coast aren't messing around. Just checked the score, i thought Freo would be on the improve with their gets in the off season

WCE in their 2nd game compared to Freo in their 1st, people underestimate how much a difference that makes. We're a significantly better side than Carlton but today we should have won by even more and that was partly due to how rusty they were, was a big difference in quality out there but our conversion was rubbish.

WCE in their 2nd game compared to Freo in their 1st, people underestimate how much a difference that makes. We're a significantly better side than Carlton but today we should have won by even more and that was partly due to how rusty they were, was a big difference in quality out there but our conversion was rubbish.
They're in an exactly similar position to us. Now i'm a little concerned taking a full squad over as that match could be played very serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back