Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

There were several instances during the game I thought to myself, “this Butters fella is better than I thought the way he reads the play off hands and wheels through traffic like the Roadrunner. However, I agree that if you can put some work into him around stoppages you can nullify his influence if not his getting hold of the Sherrin.
I forgot which footy show/radio show said this during week but someone made the observation that butters/rozee and to lesser extent JHF break through the stoppages by using speed to run around the contest, they arent really bash and crash type mids so I guess if you clog up the stoppages with big bodies and put some work into them you can get on top.

On a side note kind of reminds me of us when we were running with shiel/merrett/parish as the core centre bounce group. If a team didnt put the work into them defensively they could have a collective blinder but as soon as one of them was locked down the group as a whole was ineffective. Im really enjoying how much more options we have this year.

There were several instances during the game I thought to myself, “this Butters fella is better than I thought the way he reads the play off hands and wheels through traffic like the Roadrunner. However, I agree that if you can put some work into him around stoppages you can nullify his influence if not his getting hold of the Sherrin.
Also Butters effectiveness was restricted by Rozee's poor form last night - he was clearly injured. When they're both fit they're in sync at the stoppage. That didn't work last night.

Anyone who has a decent understanding of the rules:
Was that free against dawson for tripping rozee the correct reading of the rules? Never seen it happen before, he grabbed rozee around the thigh area, rozee wriggles out of it and the hold drops to the shin area.
If someone tackles around chest area and the player drops to evade it so the tacklers arms go above the shoulder, umps will call play on, so shouldnt the same judgement be used in this instance?
Yes.

A tackle can't slip high or low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be Quiet Mr P GIF by @ICT_MrP

God, Mason Cox shits me to bits. Imagine shushing the crowd when you’re trailing and it’s the only goal you’ll score this month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back