Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

So...that dodgy free kick for a dangerous tackle which would have otherwise ended in a Dees goal, ended up having a big say in deciding the game.

Thats Owies last week, now Kemp this week throwing their heads at the ground to accentuate contact and draw a free kick. I wonder how many times they have to do it before they lose benefit of the doubt.

Hopefully the footy gods smile on us and we beat them by a point in a final.

1. We beat them by a point in a final
2. We actally win a final
footy god can gagf

So...that dodgy free kick for a dangerous tackle which would have otherwise ended in a Dees goal, ended up having a big say in deciding the game.

Thats Owies last week, now Kemp this week throwing their heads at the ground to accentuate contact and draw a free kick. I wonder how many times they have to do it before they lose benefit of the doubt.
I called this out months ago that players would accentuate contact to draw a free kick.

It’s staging but with the ball. Punish players upon review for monetary or weeks and watch the players pull their heads in.

AFL as a governing body is to reactionary so will do nothing. Will bet my next born child on it

Who do you reckon walks away more pleased, the side that played poorly and fell over the line or the side that played absolutely dreadfully badly and for all intents and purposes really should have won in the end?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A draw would have been disastrous for us so lucky Pickett kicked it out on the full. Melbourne are going to struggle to win the premiership or even a final again because they simply cannot score.

They won the territory battle 61 - 41. Petracca kicks 5 goals and they still score 76. Teams only need to have momentum enough to pile on a quick 3-5 goals like Carlton did in the first and they struggle.

Who do you reckon walks away more pleased, the side that played poorly and fell over the line or the side that played absolutely dreadfully badly and for all intents and purposes really should have won in the end?
100% Carlton because all you need at this stage of the year is wins. Melbourne played a game that exposed the same issues that had them go out in straight-sets the last two finals. They have a garbage forwardline and play an ultra defensive brand of football that cost them the past two years.

100% Carlton because all you need at this stage of the year is wins. Melbourne played a game that exposed the same issues that had them go out in straight-sets the last two finals. They have a garbage forwardline and play an ultra defensive brand of football that cost them the past two years.

Probably right. The one saving grace if you’re the Dees is you’ve blooded a fair few kids without looking any worse than you did 18 months ago.

I still don’t understand why Petty is playing forward and Tom McDonald is playing back, makes absolutely no sense.

Both Carlton and Melbourne showed worrying deficiencies in their game plan. I honestly think Melbourne take more out of that game knowing that when they play with momentum they can chase down a lead in a short time. Carlton showed a severe frailty when momentum shifted to allow a team with minimal forward fire-power to slam on so many goals in the final minutes of a game.

Oh, and throwing the ball vs handballing, when are they going to crack down on that?
Has to be a directive. They hardly pay holding the ball/ incorrect disposal. Players have an eternity to get rid of it.

Suspect laws of the game people want the game to flow but there comes a point you have to reward the tackler.

Both Carlton and Melbourne showed worrying deficiencies in their game plan. I honestly think Melbourne take more out of that game knowing that when they play with momentum they can chase down a lead in a short time. Carlton showed a severe frailty when momentum shifted to allow a team with minimal forward fire-power to slam on so many goals in the final minutes of a game.
I agree. Dees played awful and were still just a kick away from winning. So fumbly.

Walsh was superb for the Blues though.

Has to be a directive. They hardly pay holding the ball/ incorrect disposal. Players have an eternity to get rid of it.

Suspect laws of the game people want the game to flow but there comes a point you have to reward the tackler.
I've noticed a few times already this year, the umpire lifting the whistle to blow a free kick, but the ball moves on and they...forget about it??? Has happened with HTB, in the back and throwing it. That's clearly a directive to 'keep the game moving', no matter the consequences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back