Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

NT for 20th team please. What was the go with plans for a new stadium? TIO is bloody near perfect for a side up there I'd reckon.
For a population of 200k+ ? No chance. May as give WA a third team with a pop of 10x more

what's the story behind that? like, a known gag?
He used to do it on the channel 7 footy show that was short lived. The one Dunstall hosted and announced his retirement on.

Light and something? Lightening footy? Started with L.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a population of 200k+ ? No chance. May as give WA a third team with a pop of 10x more
Who cares about the population

The AFL makes enough money to subsidize a team there.

It’s a unique and important part of our country, and footy is the game. The NT has contributed plenty to the code and I reckon we should give back. By sending them North Melbourne.

The only issue would be the go home factor. Think about poor kids getting sent to Brisbane or Perth. Darwin has a few more degrees of difficulty again for a pampered private school boy.

It’s a unique and important part of our country, and footy is the game. The NT has contributed plenty to the code and I reckon we should give back. By sending them North Melbourne.

The only issue would be the go home factor. Think about poor kids getting sent to Brisbane or Perth. Darwin has a few more degrees of difficulty again for a pampered private school boy.
I daresay an NT team that plays a couple of games in FNQ does more to generate revenue than a minnow Victorian team that attracts minimal fans who would follow any of the other teams in their city if their club did not exist. It's growth and it's new money.

Geelong's midfield is trash and has been since the start of the year. They are bottom 2 in some areas. It was always going to unravel at some point given they rely far too much on their ends to win.

Superstars forward of the ball make systems work and destroy opposition systems. Teams have to put extra resources into defending them which throws out their own balance. They also convert/create chances at a higher rate meaning the rest of the team have to win less around the ground.

This is why every draft you should be taking the best mid/forwards with your first pick.

Yep. I don't see how a Darwin team is sustainable.
Would be just as sustainable as having ten teams in Victoria.
The extra game each week basically pays for it in the same way it has for GC and GWS .
If it was a flat out profit and loss based venture it would not but half the clubs in the AFL would not stand up under that type of system.

That’s when you start drafting the country lads 👍

A team in the NT would be mid table foreverm

Win 95% of their games at home.
Lose 95% of their games away.
How much did your crystal ball cost?

How much did your crystal ball cost?

Nothing but I lived in Darwin for five years so at least understand the climate.

They would not be able to sustain standard training loads due to the conditions.

They would basically acclimatise to the conditions and know how to play there and then they would be absolutely belted and not see out games when they get down to the colder states.

Nothing but I lived in Darwin for five years so at least understand the climate.

They would not be able to sustain standard training loads due to the conditions.

They would basically acclimatise to the conditions and know how to play there and then they would be absolutely belted and not see out games when they get down to the colder states.
Lived there for a bit as well . I am sure they would find a way .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back