Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sucks that of the seven games not featuring an Adelaide club, four of them are home games coughed up by non Victorian sides.
How many of the matchups this week have a 2nd game.

We ain't playing Carlton in Melbourne so it's not like we lose out either way.

Yeah Port are an annoyingly good H&A side. Best we can hope for is bottling it in finals again.
Only time Port has looked a decent side in finals was 2014.

Even then we bottled it we had them on toast and wasteful kicking left the door ajar.

I was shattered that night watching on in horror them just storm home.

How would an Easter gather round in Sydney even work when one of their main grounds is unusable?
Sounds laughable.

Why cook the golden egg.

More gather rounds just dilutes what they currently have.

in terms of Sydney the NRL use Accor stadium as well and snowflakes chance they are letting the AFL swamp in during Easter. They already have annual easter games there.

They could play 3-4 games at Blacktown where the GWS used to train.

But sounds like a April Fools joke or Tommy Morris has been given some wrong info just like when he rocked up to an AFL event he wasn't invited too.

Only time Port has looked a decent side in finals was 2014.

Even then we bottled it we had them on toast and wasteful kicking left the door ajar.

I was shattered that night watching on in horror them just storm home.
At least you got to see the good bit, we got home just in time for the second half.

Scott must be a top tier salesman. I suspect that Gresham, Goldy and Duursma didn't have a lot of options, but what was the selling point for McKay who would have had plenty (including Port)?

"Come play for a big club. You probably won't win a final unless Sheeds comes back and if we do we'll peak at a losing prelim".

Kevin sheedy is the only coach of Essendon since 1970 to win a final.

I reckon Brad Scott might struggle to break that stat.
That's a ridiculous stat. I know he was there for like half of that time but still. 1970 is 30 years closer to WW2 than it is to today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott must be a top tier salesman. I suspect that Gresham, Goldy and Duursma didn't have a lot of options, but what was the selling point for McKay who would have had plenty (including Port).

That's a ridiculous stat. I know he was there for like half of that time but still. 1970 is 30 years closer to WW2 than it is to today.
Actually its 1968 to be exact.

I didn't realise it I only stumbled on it went to Afl tables to see how many full-time coaches have they had since Sheedy. To make a comment about Brad Scott

And noticed the 4 coaches before sheedy didn't win a final either in the 11 years preceding him.

The skill Port have by foot compared to us is very concerning for next week. Dixon dropping marks left right and centre was the only thing keeping this from being a 100+ point belting

It is literally impossible to have a perfect draft record. For every A-grade player we've landed in Fyfe/Brayshaw/Serong/Darcy etc. there was a team to pass them over in the draft. We have done well, probably one of the best drafting teams thanks to Wallsy.
You are right .. you can't have a perfect draft record.

But we managed to turn our own #5 and the #6 we got for wantaway Neale into a combination of:

• Hogan
  • Lobb
  • Sturt

That is a historically dogshit level of recruiting by Rosich.

The skill Port have by foot compared to us is very concerning for next week. Dixon dropping marks left right and centre was the only thing keeping this from being a 100+ point belting
Under no pressure they'll absolutely carve us up. But even North did that.

Like any good team, you need 4 quarters of pressure.

Also, I'm glad North are back to getting pumped. Their fans were way too swaggy for a historically **** team coming into our game.
It funny because two rounds before our game those same confident fans were saying how bad they were, and that they desperately need priority picks.

You are right .. you can't have a perfect draft record.

But we managed to turn our own #5 and the #6 we got for wantaway Neale into a combination of:

• Hogan
  • Lobb
  • Sturt

That is a historically dogshit level of recruiting by Rosich.
Yes with hindsight but would you give those picks for the last whatever number of seasons of Hogan playing at the level he's at now and Lobb playing to the level he did?

Not to mention what Sturt might have achieved if his body hadn't completely failed.
We were trading for what Hogan is doing now. That's worth it on its own.

Its easy to say now oh the warning signs were there or whatever but we were screaming out for exactly the player that he's turned out to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back