Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah....... 'the edge' has been blunted quite a bit, and there's not much room left for physicality like that anymore.

I hear they're also calling the new HTB rule the 'Joel Selwood Law' and believe it'll finish his career, albeit years too late in their eyes.

A bitter mob over there.
New htb rule? I thought that one had been around for quite a while.

Watch as these new rules don't do anything to curb Joel, and then Hawfies blame the non-existent Steve Hocking on this, despite not having a role in the AFL head office anymore.
I’ll wait for the first guy to mention hocking, then when pointed out he no longer works for the afl, they will then say yeah but he still has an influence, or influenced the rules when he was in the role.

Yeah....... 'the edge' has been blunted quite a bit, and there's not much room left for physicality like that anymore.

I hear they're also calling the new HTB rule the 'Joel Selwood Law' and believe it'll finish his career, albeit years too late in their eyes.

A bitter mob over there.

Wasn't the change to the high tackle rule meant to finish Joel's career as well when it was introduced a few years ago if we were to believe Hawks fans? IIRC, that was also called the Joel Selwood rule too.

Wasn't the change to the high tackle rule meant to finish Joel's career as well when it was introduced a few years ago if we were to believe Hawks fans? IIRC, that was also called the Joel Selwood rule too.

I think it still burns that they failed to draft him when they had first bite.

Scans have confirmed that St Kilda's Nick Coffield has suffered a torn ACL.
Season over before it started.

I have wondered what players do in the event their season is over before it begins. Do they go and do a desk job (as an example) or lounge around while rehabilitating?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would get pretty old quickly I reckon. Especially now that travel is restricted.
Yeah it’s not really much of an option now. But i remember menzel posting pictures from europe not long after one of his ops. Walking is probably all they can do early on, so the club thinks it’s better from a mental health perspective if they get away and do something.

Yeah it’s not really much of an option now. But i remember menzel posting pictures from europe not long after one of his ops. Walking is probably all they can do early on, so the club thinks it’s better from a mental health perspective if they get away and do something.

He went overseas after doing his 4th ACL (3rd on his left knee) but before he had the knee reco surgery because they had to do stabilising surgery on the knee first:

"Menzel, who snapped his LARS graft in the VFL last month, will have surgery today to stabilise his left knee.

He will return in about three months to have reconstructive surgery using a patella tendon graft."

Guessing when you have 3 months between surgeries & not much you can do between them, that a holiday & getting away from everything isn't a bad option

Watch as these new rules don't do anything to curb Joel, and then Hawfies blame the non-existent Steve Hocking on this, despite not having a role in the AFL head office anymore.
Ah yes but he was replaced with someone who looks suspiciously like our coach

images (13).jpeg

I have wondered what players do in the event their season is over before it begins. Do they go and do a desk job (as an example) or lounge around while rehabilitating?
Study Business Management or Exercise Sports Science at Deakin Uni if they have any idea

Last edited:
Congrats to the former Geelong VFL captain & B&F winner on this opportunity

Really happy for tsitas...im not sure if he'll turn out to be a gun like stewart or pods or more ruggles or simpkin level (who still won a flag mind you) but hes an absolute hard worker and deserves his chance..hes had to bang on door after door to get it. At worst will give their NEAFL team very good leadership this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back