Non-lions discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

We got f’ed over. The current admin has even admitted and acknowledged this. Our care package wasn't as generous as theirs either but really we're a strong team now and they might be one soon. No sense is dwelling too much on the past.
Well I'll never actively barrack for them like so many Suns apologists on here and no, I hope they're never strong, why would I or any Lions fan?

Oops, I forgot, its good for footy in Queensland, which benefits the Lions how exactly?

Well I'll never actively barrack for them like so many Suns apologists on here and no, I hope they're never strong, why would I or any Lions fan?

Oops, I forgot, its good for footy in Queensland, which benefits the Lions how exactly?

It benefits us because if football here is strong it opens up local commercial opportunities, not just for our club, but our players, which helps fight the "go home" factor. Also with proper football a preferred code in the North, based on strong competition that is exciting to watch and gets enough air time, you create a generation of kids that want to play football. If the Academies are able to function as before then adequate pathways are set so talented kids can not get dissuaded to go for League at 17. To top it off their might be the prospect of actually having two strong teams, that actually managed to loathe each other organically, and have packed houses at the Gabba for the Q-Clash. (By God, I hope we get a better name for that...)

Why is it though.

Then surely it is the same for SA when both of their teams are at opposite ends of the ladder or any state's teams for that matter.

It's good for them to have fans and be sustainable. For that to happen they need some level of success.

I'm quite willing to barrack for GC because I don't think they'll be up there at the end of the year and more losses to the likes of Geelong, West Coast, etc is good for us. Quite happy to see Carlton and Melbourne win too.

Hoping that Geelong wins just means it's tougher for us to get top 4 at the end of the year.

Still early in the second half but the Warriors just went ahead of the Broncos... If it continues on this way, this will lead to one of the biggest meltdowns ever. Hopefully we can beat Port to make it sweeter.

And down the Broncos went.

Tomorrow's paper will be saturation "Busted Broncos", more editorials. more "exclusives" by their plethora of League writers, analysis ad nauseum and Broncos "old boys" and has- beens sinking the boot in again.

Real popcorn stuff.

And down the Broncos went.

Tomorrow's paper will be saturation "Busted Broncos", more editorials. more "exclusives" by their plethora of League writers, analysis ad nauseum and Broncos "old boys" and has- beens sinking the boot in again.

Real popcorn stuff.

Great weekend in sport. Lions, Storm and Reds win, Broncos lose and are stone cold last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its taken 9 years, but Ablett finally decides to become a mentor figure to a Suns player..

Haven't watch NRL for a while but read some of the Broncos were crying after the match... sad to hear that. Hope they can at least put together some proud matches coming up, dislike to see players despondent. I'm all for code jumpers to buy into the Lions but what % become long term supporters, or at least won't drop us if we get a form slump ourselves (though if they buy memberships.. $ is $ :))

Almost starting to feel sorry for the Broncos

It's like watching a Shakespearian tragedy unfold

And don't they love to eat their own when the chips are down.

King Wally weighing now claiming "there is tension among Broncos players over their salaries, including angst over Milford's club record $1million deal."

Then there's former Broncos great Steve Renouf "launching a stunning attack on his former team mate Darren Lockyer, saying" he's a big part of the problem"

Also, ex Broncos premiership five-eighth Ben Ikin "unloading on the club during the week, describing their roster management in recent seasons as "disgusting""

Then there's NRL Immortal Andrew Johns also "slamming" Brisbane's development.

This kind of sniping from their "old boys" has been going on and on for weeks and at the same time bemoaning the club's present "culture".

No wonder they have culture problems when their former "greats" behave like a pack of self entitled bully boys

Last edited:
Good to see Keays has been getting an extended run in the mids. He has been one of Adelaide's better players so far but that isn't saying that much. Jeez, they are in poor form. No defensive pressure, missing targets left and right. 0 confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back