Not open for further replies.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
There is a reason they only fluked 1 flag,
And then had the genius idea to swap jumpers with their opponents before the presentation so it looks like Collingwood players holding up the cup.

Screenshot 2022-10-14 204928.jpg

Farcical organisation.

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
The lesson that most clubs, but not all, seem to have learned now is that you can’t spend too long finishing in the 10th to 14th part of the table - the nothing zone.

I think it is why Hawthorn have elected to risk going the other way, collecting talent over this year and next and then heading back up, hopefully only passing through 10th to 14th for a season at most. They have been trapped in the nothing zone for four years now so time for some decisive action it seems.

Gold Coast spend a lot of time there, or lower, it seems, looks like Saints are stuck there after seeming like they might have climbed. It has seemed like Essendon’s natural habitat even in the years they finished better or worse. They are purpose built for 10th to 14th.

I just don’t think any club can linger in that zone for too long at all. I always feel coaches are more likely to be sacked when their team lingers in that zone than lower down even. Being at the bottom gives you hope that the only way is up. And some nice draft picks to get the talent in.

nup

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
And then when Noble took decisive action they sacked him because they wet their pants

(Log in to remove this ad.)

morsie

All Australian
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Jed Anderson cut,any interest?

Thought it may be of interest, big Stef is retiring

Won’t lie, but I thought he had already retired last year, given the lack of news on here about him this year.

Congratulations to him though on a great AFL career, especially when sticking with us during our dark days :thumbsu:

Mar 20, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Won’t lie, but I thought he had already retired last year, given the lack of news on here about him this year.

Congratulations to him though on a great AFL career, especially when sticking with us during our dark days :thumbsu:

Thanks for everything big guy, you stood tall when we were down.

For ever a supporter!

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix

I think he was injured for a decent part of last year

wantok

All Australian
Jan 3, 2012
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
None zero zilch

Sent from my SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club

Yeah I would look at him. 28 years old. From the NT. Had a mean of 22 disposals across 14 games the season just gone. 33 disposals and seven-inside 50s against Collingwood in Round 17.

Tackling machine. A midfield rotation of Dunkley, Neale, McCluggage, Berry, Lyons, Robertson, Ashcroft and Anderson, with Rayner, Bailey and Tunstill rotating between midfield and the forward line looks formidable.

Certainly a much better option than Yolmen-Ellis.

However more likely to go to the Suns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back