Non-Lions discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blues are on fire rn. Really impressive

edit: Also like how they aren't blaring music after every goal. Nice change for once

Carlton’s contest is great but I think they could be vulnerable because they rely heavily on numbers. Sydney look best when they keep their width and Carlton can’t get numbers there.

Sydney are finally playing Carlton the right way. Could still be too late but Carlton don’t seem to defend well against uncontested possessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless if that was a mark or not. Heeney has to give it over the top. Selfish
That made me furious. What was his thought process? Even if it was a mark he'd prefer to go back and take the shot? And waste 15-20 seconds? Zero sense, just selfish footy.

Sydney are finally playing Carlton the right way. Could still be too late but Carlton don’t seem to defend well against uncontested possessions.

Carlton just don't defend. Very good attacking team but their inability to defend will cost them in finals.

Watching the likes of Carlton, Fremantle, Melbourne, it feels like we’re still one genuine inside midfielder short.

But I don’t know where to drop a small player from, to fit another mid in.

If we’re going to continue to play Bailey, Zorko and Rayner in the forward 50, it appears to me that McCarthy might be the unfortunate player to make way.

Watching the likes of Carlton, Fremantle, Melbourne, it feels like we’re still one genuine inside midfielder short.

But I don’t know where to drop a small player from, to fit another mid in.

If we’re going to continue to play Bailey, Zorko and Rayner in the forward 50, it appears to me that McCarthy might be the unfortunate player to make way.
I have a feeling Rayner is still that midfielder, has taken some steps the last couple weeks and I feel the club are managing his workload in the midfield so he is primed for the end of the season. I think he’ll play some bigger minutes in there for the next few weeks, then rest up forward a bit more, then back in there for the backend of the season.

I have a feeling Rayner is still that midfielder, has taken some steps the last couple weeks and I feel the club are managing his workload in the midfield so he is primed for the end of the season. I think he’ll play some bigger minutes in there for the next few weeks, then rest up forward a bit more, then back in there for the backend of the season.
That’s also my view of what the club is aiming for.

That’s also my view of what the club is aiming for.
I see what you're saying about a genuine mid though, where other teams have a fouth mid we're running a group of Zorko, Bailey and Rayner through which I don't mind. It's not as settled as other teams and there's a few moving parts but if it clicks it'll be pretty dynamic. I don't think there's another team in the comp that has the constant changing of positions throughout a game like we do, it was something the Hawks had during their dynasty and it seems Fages has brought it with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back