MFC Fans Only Non-MFC related footy chat 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity did some digging into Richmond’s record playing away outside of Melbourne (not counting neutral games) since 2017:

1-3 v Adelaide (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
2-1 v Brisbane (2017, 2019 QF, 2020 QF)
2-0 v Fremantle (2017, 2019)
0-1 v Geelong (2017)
3-0 v Gold Coast (2017, 2018, 2019)
0-4 v GWS (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
3-3 v Port (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2020 PF, 2021)
N/A v Sydney
0-1 v West Coast (2018)

Our record in that time:

3-0 v Adelaide (2017, 2018, 2020)
1-1 v Brisbane (2018, 2019)
0-2 v Geelong (2018, 2019)
2-0 v Gold Coast (2018, 2019)
N/A v Fremantle
1-1 v GWS (2017, 2021)
0-2 v North (2017, 2019)
0-1 v Port (2018)
1-0 v Sydney (2019)
2-3 v West Coast (2017, 2018, 2018 PF, 2019, 2020)

Richmond: 11-13 (2-1 in finals)
Melbourne: 10-10 (0-1 in finals)

obviously we also played seven games in the NT (4-3)

V curious to see how we go on the road this year, esp if we don’t improve our winning record at the MCG. We absolutely have to win at least one of our games v Port or WCE away for mine. Would be great also to finally win in Hobart, and would be a disaster to lose given how bad North look. Reckon GC/Adelaide away are both real danger games, but we have to win both. Who knows how we’ll go in Geelong R23. But we aren’t too bad away, except in 2019, compared with the best. Need to go at least 5-2 this year (inc GWS win, not including NT game v Brisbane). Itching for a big win on the road. Itching to redeem ourselves in an away final if we make the eight and have to travel.

Also we had a ridiculously soft draw in 2017. What a waste of a year that was.

Out of curiosity did some digging into Richmond’s record playing away outside of Melbourne (not counting neutral games) since 2017:

1-3 v Adelaide (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
2-1 v Brisbane (2017, 2019 QF, 2020 QF)
2-0 v Fremantle (2017, 2019)
0-1 v Geelong (2017)
3-0 v Gold Coast (2017, 2018, 2019)
0-4 v GWS (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
3-3 v Port (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2020 PF, 2021)
N/A v Sydney
0-1 v West Coast (2018)

Our record in that time:

3-0 v Adelaide (2017, 2018, 2020)
1-1 v Brisbane (2018, 2019)
0-2 v Geelong (2018, 2019)
2-0 v Gold Coast (2018, 2019)
N/A v Fremantle
1-1 v GWS (2017, 2021)
0-2 v North (2017, 2019)
0-1 v Port (2018)
1-0 v Sydney (2019)
2-3 v West Coast (2017, 2018, 2018 PF, 2019, 2020)

Richmond: 11-13 (2-1 in finals)
Melbourne: 10-10 (0-1 in finals)

obviously we also played seven games in the NT (4-3)

V curious to see how we go on the road this year, esp if we don’t improve our winning record at the MCG. We absolutely have to win at least one of our games v Port or WCE away for mine. Would be great also to finally win in Hobart, and would be a disaster to lose given how bad North look. Reckon GC/Adelaide away are both real danger games, but we have to win both. Who knows how we’ll go in Geelong R23. But we aren’t too bad away, except in 2019, compared with the best. Need to go at least 5-2 this year (inc GWS win, not including NT game v Brisbane). Itching for a big win on the road. Itching to redeem ourselves in an away final if we make the eight and have to travel.

Also we had a ridiculously soft draw in 2017. What a waste of a year that was.
Doesn't that just prove that winning away doesn't really matter.
I'd happily lose to North away and Port away if it ment we started dominating at the G

There certainly is not that anymore. Anytime you accidentally hurt someone now you're gonna get weeks.
Pleased to note that this is clearly not the case.

Holy sh*t apparently Collingwood are still having to pay Beams. That's f’ed.
Similar to Crows chasing Gibbs (too late) when they thought they were close to a flag, both Beams and Gibbs have set their clubs back years (more so draft capital for Gibbs and cap space for Beams).

Stinkers, both of them

And they now have to pay Treloar $300k a year for the next 5 years.
AND they’ve traded out of the first round this year (although they’ll get Nick Daicos).

It’s pretty hilarious how screwed they are.

And they now have to pay Treloar $300k a year for the next 5 years.
AND they’ve traded out of the first round this year (although they’ll get Nick Daicos).

It’s pretty hilarious how screwed they are.
Nick Daicos will save them so much face. This dudes matt Rowell level dominant in Nab league so far. Think he had 30+ and 3 goals or something like that in first 2 games.

Nick Daicos will save them so much face. This dudes matt Rowell level dominant in Nab league so far. Think he had 30+ and 3 goals or something like that in first 2 games.
Yeah but does it save them from their shitty forward line and both Pendles and Sidey disappearing?

Similar to Crows chasing Gibbs (too late) when they thought they were close to a flag, both Beams and Gibbs have set their clubs back years (more so draft capital for Gibbs and cap space for Beams).

Stinkers, both of them
Beams trade was trash on so many levels. Their midfield was great anyway and their forward line was garbage. Add in Wells' 3 year contract (and overpaying for Mayne), while Tom Lynch was on the market, and I think it's reasonable to say they cost themselves a flag.

It's an interesting case study. They went all in on a flag knowing they were going to * their cap a couple of years ahead. Sheed misses his kick and they would take it every day of the week. But with the benefit of hindsight it's backfired terribly. Now with the murmurings around the place is that the playing group is unhappy with the way their trade period was handled I could see the bottom falling out of the club catastrophically. The upside is they have some fantastic kids coming in, but if the senior players are unhappy it doesn't make for a great place to start rebuilding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but does it save them from their shitty forward line and both Pendles and Sidey disappearing?
No but it will make it a lot easier, Nick Daicos could play AFL right now and not even be in collingwoods bottom six. Buckley even said that he'd be close to starting for them in round 1. He'll sell a lot of memberships and will be the cornerstone of their rebuild. Which they have to start now, can't keep playing spuds like Levi Greenwood.

Beams trade was trash on so many levels. Their midfield was great anyway and their forward line was garbage. Add in Wells' 3 year contract (and overpaying for Mayne), while Tom Lynch was on the market, and I think it's reasonable to say they cost themselves a flag.

I think that would be flags.

Hasn't been well enough to speak to the integrity unit apparently. What a ******* coward.
I imagine being handed a folder full of lewd screenshots from disgruntled lassies is a conversation most would be keen to avoid.

Interesting to note that in the past 12 months the number 1 pick from the following drafts has retired:

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 (with 2013 and 2014 already long finished). Yet Marc Murphy is still running around...

Hogan currently playing in the VFL for GWS on Fox Sports right now. I only turned it on 10mins ago, and have been a bit in and out since, but so far I've seen him complain and an umpire for not getting a free kick (which was actually fair) and then appeal for a free kick when he got beaten in a 2 on 1, and then just stand in the same spot sulking about it for the next 30 seconds.

Mitch Hannan also playing for the Bulldogs. Good to see he's not injured.

Good to see Hogan take some contested marks. Will be interesting to see if he can convert it to AFL level.
Commentators are fawning over him a touch, but while I admit I'm not watching too intently, I'm not sure I've seen much to suggest he's lost any of the bad habits that were pushing him towards mediocrity

Commentators are fawning over him a touch, but while I admit I'm not watching too intently, I'm not sure I've seen much to suggest he's lost any of the bad habits that were pushing him towards mediocrity

I think that was the problem with Hulk initially, was that the media was blowing their load on a 18-19yo Power Forward that kicked 50+ goals in his rookie year. He then let it get into his head and it messed him up to the point in which he had an ego problem e.g. Flopping and flailing his arms when things were not going his way because he is the Hulk i.e. 2016 . Then we all know what happened to him personally and professionally in 2017 giving him the mother of all Annus Horribilus. And after that the rest as they say is history.

Jesse "Hulk" Hogan is an almost tragic tale.

I think that was the problem with Hulk initially, was that the media was blowing their load on a 18-19yo Power Forward that kicked 50+ goals in his rookie year. He then let it get into his head and it messed him up to the point in which he had an ego problem e.g. Flopping and flailing his arms when things were not going his way because he is the Hulk i.e. 2016 . Then we all know what happened to him personally and professionally in 2017 giving him the mother of all Annus Horribilus. And after that the rest as they say is history.

Jesse "Hulk" Hogan is an almost tragic tale.
It might have been caused by that, we'll probably never know, but in his first year he was that power forward, crashing packs and hunting the ball with second, third and fourth efforts ... and then it stopped, he started trying to take the easy way for everything, and he still looks the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back