MFC Fans Only Non-MFC related footy chat 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the AFLW combine in SA had 2 players there... 2 I didn't miss a zero. 2 ******* players. picture has some guys there so hopefully the boys were doing theres as well or what a ******* waste of time and money that is
As far as growing the game goes, I'd much rather the AFL invested in a women's comp then 2 teams no one cares for who compromise the integrity of the AFL.

So you'd rather them invest in 12 teams no one cares about
FWIW I'm not a fan of the way the AFL runs AFLw.

But I'm also not a fan of the AFL handing out draft picks to Please Fold Coast every time a couple of players leave, or Greatest Western s**t(ney)'s unlimited salary cap, or that the AFL talent pool is so diluted spuds like Oscar MacDonald can hang around on an AFL list for howevermany years...

so how much ya reckon 7 and fox have saved by just having commentators in the studio instead of flying them around Australia? Besides them being totally trash anyway there hasnt really been a difference. I wonder if they'll run with it and have the local they already do doing boundary/special comments.

so how much ya reckon 7 and fox have saved by just having commentators in the studio instead of flying them around Australia? Besides them being totally trash anyway there hasnt really been a difference. I wonder if they'll run with it and have the local they already do doing boundary/special comments.
If there is one thing the AFL can do, its leaning into mediocrity.

North dodged a bullet here, Shaw was so far out of his depth it wasn't funny.
Seriously worried about North now, have to get a new coach just before an incredibly important trade and draft period for them with (from my understanding) Glenn Archer being a madman and a bunch of other problems off the field. Really scary stuff, hope Rhyce Shaw gets the help he needs though and the club can move on.

North dodged a bullet here, Shaw was so far out of his depth it wasn't funny.
They half-arsed it appointing him in the first place. They threw a bloke in the box without fully looking at who was out there. Now he and Rawlings, their 'senior assistant', are gone.

Terrible work by them in looking for coaches last year and could really root them this off-season. A new coach won't have a lot to work with at all on or off field.

They half-arsed it appointing him in the first place. They threw a bloke in the box without fully looking at who was out there. Now he and Rawlings, their 'senior assistant', are gone.

Terrible work by them in looking for coaches last year and could really root them this off-season. A new coach won't have a lot to work with at all on or off field.
Rawlings got properly stitched up, Archer and Buckley hired Shaw and wanted to get a Senior Assistant to help him and Brady Rawlings thought Jade would be great so they poached him from us for 3 years. Jade was always the one in the coaches box contradicting Shaw and giving different opinions, Shaw didn't like being told he was wrong and sooked up to Archer who then sacked Jade, overriding Brady. So basically, Shaw is an absolute dictator in the box and Archer loves him.

Seriously worried about North now, have to get a new coach just before an incredibly important trade and draft period for them with (from my understanding) Glenn Archer being a madman and a bunch of other problems off the field. Really scary stuff, hope Rhyce Shaw gets the help he needs though and the club can move on.

Yeah, I'm all broken up Norf's problems too.

tenor.gif

Shitty, didn't mind Rhyce Shaw was refreshing to hear a coach after a loss say ' campaigners are ****ed, just gotta mash more skulls aye then got on the piss '

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else a bit annoyed about the night GF thing?

Gil has been pushing for it ever since he got the job (like most other American things) and it’s been interesting to see all the AFL website articles talking it up over the years but everytime there’s been a poll asking day or night it’s always been a landslide day vote.

Nothing quite like exploiting a pandemic to get it across the line with minimal fuss and with it being interstate plus all the restriction/lockdown/government BS it’s going to obviously do ridiculous numbers ratings wise, which makes it an unmitigated success that will need to continue.

It’s a shame really, there was nothing more Aussie Rules than a day-time GF.

Anyone else a bit annoyed about the night GF thing?

Gil has been pushing for it ever since he got the job (like most other American things) and it’s been interesting to see all the AFL website articles talking it up over the years but everytime there’s been a poll asking day or night it’s always been a landslide day vote.

Nothing quite like exploiting a pandemic to get it across the line with minimal fuss and with it being interstate plus all the restriction/lockdown/government BS it’s going to obviously do ridiculous numbers ratings wise, which makes it an unmitigated success that will need to continue.

It’s a shame really, there was nothing more Aussie Rules than a day-time GF.
Hate it. Basically sitting around killing time until it starts.

I reckon a night Grand final with 100,000 at the G would be sick. Don't think it matters either way this year. But also agree it should stay daytime if the majority of supporters support daytime.

first GF i havent bothered to make plans and currently walking the dogs down the river is how much im into this 1. usually be * eyed by now (minus 3 hours) cooking a BBQ kicking the footy and running through fences. weird bloody feeling

first GF i havent bothered to make plans and currently walking the dogs down the river is how much im into this 1. usually be fu** eyed by now (minus 3 hours) cooking a BBQ kicking the footy and running through fences. weird bloody feeling
Yeah the day doesn't have the same buzz. The arvo final works so well because you have the whole evening to celebrate, hang out with people, enjoy the day and go for a kick as you say etc.
Night games don't really have the same feel afterwards (for me anyway)

I think there is more you can do with the entertainment at night, but I think you can hide the sons of a bad act with a glitzy light show.

The spectacle is a little better at night I think, but everything around it is better during the day.

Keep the day imo

Also what was with all the music playing inbetween goals. Wtf is this sport now, GF day and they are playing Brittany Spears in the last quarter after a goal
All about the matchday 'experience' cause, y'know, folks can't have 20s of relative quiet to have a chat after a goal/break in play.

Also what was with all the music playing inbetween goals. Wtf is this sport now, GF day and they are playing Brittany Spears in the last quarter after a goal
Yeah that’s ******* terrible. Also utterly pointless. A decent crowd will obliterate the music from the roar after a goal, and with a poor crowd the “let’s go!” music just increases the awkwardness of a lack of crowd noise

Is there a worse triple premiership player than Dan Rioli?

Also not about the night GF now. Way too late for my old arse.

Wtf is this sport now, GF day and they are playing Brittany Spears in the last quarter after a goal
IMO the only thing the AFL/broadcasters got right.

I'd go one further and have Britney, Christina, Madonna etc. during the game as well.
Would be ripper seeing Gawnie run to the back 50 and take a nice big pack mark in the last quarter to save the game for the Dees, crowd jumps to their feet while Jessica Simpson's 1999 banger "Final Heartbreak" kicks in over the loud speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back