MFC Fans Only Non-MFC related footy chat 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup wouldn't surprise if Collingwood make finals again and everyone forgets this. They needed to clear salary and they did it. Stephenson is a loss unless he's cooked off field, the rest meh. It'll look great if they have a free agent next year locked in.
Their side hasn't changed that much for the worse & locking in a free agent next year might be a possibility but the way they have gone about it in regards to treating their players & the fact they have remained pretty quiet reeks of desperation to fix their poor list management. They have alienated a lot of their supporters the past few weeks & it wouldn't surprise me if Eddie either resigns or someone challenges him.

Their side hasn't changed that much for the worse & locking in a free agent next year might be a possibility but the way they have gone about it in regards to treating their players & the fact they have remained pretty quiet reeks of desperation to fix their poor list management. They have alienated a lot of their supporters the past few weeks & it wouldn't surprise me if Eddie either resigns or someone challenges him.
Lol give it two weeks and no one will remember. Supporters don't care.

00Stinger was right, people bitch that clubs have no power and don't take risks. Well pies have just ****ed off contracted players and been ruthless as *. If this was America or England clubs would be allowed to do what they need to do, but in Australia of course it's some mega drama that they can't recover from.

The whole collingwood situation seems iffy to me, the club to my perspective seems close to self nuking. You have now two basically ex-players stating the coach claimed their teammates wanted them to move on, but they pretty much accuse the coach of it being a lie. If that turns out to be true then you could have a rift between the current playing group and the coach. If i was a player who was close to either of these players how could i trust the coach? No trust, leads to a toxic enviroment and could lead to more players leaving in the future.

Stephenson having off field issues is a weak excuse considering they had prorotised signing another player with major glaring off field issues in De Goey. Take the off field issues away and you've outted a rising star winner off one bad year, when the whole team really had a down year

Something isn't right at collingwood, you got two players with ugly exits accusing the coach of fabricating their relationship status with the playing group. You got sidebottom on walk about. You got De Goey with major off field problems hanging around. Not to mention 'bucks' himself let the club down during the year by breaching covid protocles when his players barring sidebottom had been pretty well behaved in the hub

The collingwood enviroment right now is too self destructive despite the playing talent of their list imo
Good post. Collingwood have given leeway in the past for off-field shenanigans too, see Didak, Swan, Shaw etc. De Goey has pretty serious charges against him too (although not sure if that's been settled?). Stevenson dropped off this year, but at his age and talent is a loss.

Talent wise the Pies could bounce back, but at best they've lost good depth and made cap space. Maybe they still make finals, but their list management looks amateur. Cox on ******* 600k?

00Stinger was right, people b*tch that clubs have no power and don't take risks. Well pies have just f’ed off contracted players and been ruthless as fu**. If this was America or England clubs would be allowed to do what they need to do, but in Australia of course it's some mega drama that they can't recover from.
The club has been poorly managed & you think supporters don't care? Might as well keep Goodwin then if we suck next year. No one will mind.

The club has been poorly managed & you think supporters don't care? Might as well keep Goodwin then if we suck next year. No one will mind.
I think other than moaning on bigfooty and calling 3aw they'll still have one of the biggest membership bases in Australia and biggest crowds if that's a thing.
'poorly' managed club who were a sheed fluke away from being premiers in 2018

00Stinger was right, people b*tch that clubs have no power and don't take risks. Well pies have just f’ed off contracted players and been ruthless as fu**. If this was America or England clubs would be allowed to do what they need to do, but in Australia of course it's some mega drama that they can't recover from.
Whether the anger lasts or not, which it likely won't, right now, the supporters definitely do care.

One of my best mates is a supporter, and he's not nearly as pissed with losing who they lost, but more how terribly it was handled, and the pittance they got for them.

Whether the anger lasts or not, which it likely won't, right now, the supporters definitely do care.

One of my best mates is a supporter, and he's not nearly as pissed with losing who they lost, but more how terribly it was handled, and the pittance they got for them.

That's what happens when your salary dumping, maybe your mate should be a dees supporter and have fun with bad decisions for 60 years.

Just read the title of an article ' Collingwoods embarrassed and it's soul has died' like no wonder clubs are so conservative. They've lost a couple players, big deal. They wanted to lose said players so who cares. They've gotten the salaries off the books which is the whole point. They could have paid the salaries and gotten better picks but then they'd just be ******* off more people next year. People are desperate for the next disaster but the players they've lost just aren't that good.

They got ****ed over by coronavirus, they fixed their problem. Pretty happy to have a bet with anyone they'll be fine next year.

Lol, his near million dollar contract was moved from one club to another in the same city. He's a little b*tch honestly.
Didnt seem to bother him when he walked out of one club either

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood will be fine they got rid of * all and cleared up heaps of salary space. Treloar is trash like I've seriously never seen a worse user of the ball than him. Stephenson still has a body of a 12 year old and looks like doesn't actually give a * about putting in so mehhh. Atu I've liked him. Phillips isn't a lose if anything its a good thing he's gone as frees up the coin. yeah Ned the Sp ed has ****ed up with contracts but campaigners are going way over board with this s**t. can't wait for narrative to totally change when in 2 years they've taken a couple gun FAs and the media clowns tell the story of how these ruthless changes had to happen to win the flag they no doubt win.

Just reading about Charlie Curnow's recovery, with the latest set back pushing back his return to training even further, they're already saying he's up against it to be fit for round 1, which essentially means he'll be back midseason as a best case scenario.

It's a good thing Carlton were able to trade in Oliver for a 2nd rounder and Dow, as they're going to need to hold onto McKay. Curnow has now had 2 stress fractures in his knee cap while attempting to return, it's not quite at the point that I'd be surprised to see him play again, but he's certainly up against it to even be half the player he was before.

Just reading about Charlie Curnow's recovery, with the latest set back pushing back his return to training even further, they're already saying he's up against it to be fit for round 1, which essentially means he'll be back midseason as a best case scenario.

It's a good thing Carlton were able to trade in Oliver for a 2nd rounder and Dow, as they're going to need to hold onto McKay. Curnow has now had 2 stress fractures in his knee cap while attempting to return, it's not quite at the point that I'd be surprised to see him play again, but he's certainly up against it to even be half the player he was before.
Adam Cooney got asked what the chances are he comes back to his best (having had the knee issue) said 5%.

Anyone seen the new AFL rules for 2021?

Man on the mark at a kickout is fine as is interchanges.... but the 1m man on the mark is a joke.

The protected space is already a disaster, now when a player plays on a defending man on the mark has to wait to hear the umpire call it, giving up valuable seconds where the players has forfeited their right to be unhindered.

* I hate the AFL sometimes

It's funny how the media/football analysts run with the old 'clubs need to be ruthless'. Then when Collingwood goes down this path the same media people jump ship and critisize the club for doing so

Similar to how they want players to not put out the old club lines and to be themselves. Then when you get someone like an Akermanis they jump all over him for speaking his mind

No wonder a lot of players don't trust the vulture campaigners
Akermanis is welcome to speak his mind lol, its the fact that what he had to say was garbage.

Akermanis is welcome to speak his mind lol, its the fact that what he had to say was garbage.
That's not true, he was sacked for his opinion peace on the AFL environment and homosexual footballers which unless I was missing something wasnt derogatory but rather stated facts about the current climate.

You're only allowed your opinion these days if it fits inside the parameters of the current politically correct climate.

It got him sacked from two clubs so it seems as if he wasn't allowed to really speak his mind

The Bulldogs sacking was really interesting. There was a lot of 'me me me' about the senior group at the Dogs at that time and it is probably why they could never get past a prelim.
It was so funny when Aker said Bob Murphy & Gia told him that in order to win premierships you have to stop your individuality or something along those lines

I remember Aker saying he had won more premierships than their club ever had and those two were telling him how it was done

The Bulldogs sacking was really interesting. There was a lot of 'me me me' about the senior group at the Dogs at that time and it is probably why they could never get past a prelim.
American teams seem to embrace the outspoken characters because it gets the best out of them, rightly or wrongly you can't help but think Aker made the dogs a better team.
Didn't realise he kicked 92 goals in his last 2 full seasons. campaigner could still play.

Reading an article titled 'betts stunning sacrifice'
Was about him moving to the rookie list. Not only does he get paid the same amount of money but $80k doesn't even count to the cap because it's a rookie deal. So actually its just a loophole to cheat the system, not noble in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back