North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
take a look at how bad carlton and mleb have been recently, and nothing
a couple of state level picks for carlton, AFL PP are only for GC these days
1628984011645.png

Comben looks ok.

Needs to be locked in the gym this summer. Needs 5kg of muscle.

Obviously he needs to put on muscle but given the back stress fracture and leg stress fracture over the past 2 years, I’m sure we will be taking the cautious approach.

Whilst expectations will be higher next year, it will still all be about development. If Comben can get a full year in I think we will be happy with that.

West Coast 2010 and its not even close.
Essendon 2016 was a decent wooden spooner

They managed to win 3 games despite half their team being banned for 12 months for injecting performance-enhancing drugs

I still think it was a huge rort by the AFL to gift your club with the 1st pick in that year's draft

They managed to win 3 games despite half their team being banned for 12 months for injecting performance-enhancing drugs

I still think it was a huge rort by the AFL to gift your club with the 1st pick in the draft

At least we can say with some satisfaction they bet on the wrong horse with that pick.

Everyone else would have taken McLuggage or Taranto in hindsight.

I feel we got a fantastic deal by landing edwards in the mid season draft, am more than satisfied with that. Any extra first round picks should henceforth be gained by smart list management imo.

Also begging for PPs is hardly in the Shinboner spirit.

You guys will be fine.

Noble has turned out to be a really decent choice of coach for you guys, a good run of injuries next season and I could honestly see North jumping out of the bottom 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think it was a huge rort by the AFL to gift your club with the 1st pick in that year's draft

I actually agree we should not have been given the first pick.

Should have received pick #9/#10 in my opinion.

Close thread and any future threads about PP should be automatically deleted.

Gold Coast's pick 19 in this years draft may be the last one we ever see now there's a MSD to assist the bottom teams.

The Tasmania Devils will be the only team to get future PP's as part of their start up concessions.

No PP, no chance and not even close to deserved. We chose our path.
Yep we don't need a PP, and as a matter of fact the entire PP system is a joke and the AFL decision to award an end of Rd 1 PP for this year is fairly laughable.

Gold Coast's pick 19 in this years draft may be the last one we ever see now there's a MSD to assist the bottom teams.

The Tasmania Devils will be the only team to get future PP's as part of their start up concessions.
Pick 19 should be the last PP we see but it won't be the last, another instance will pop up where it is in the AFL's best interest to give one/some out and they will do it.

Heck if the Suns are sitting bottom 4 in 2-3 years you think they would even hesitate to give them more?

If Adelaide didn't ask for one last year, I do not believe North are justified in asking for one either..

BTW I am not sure if anyone else is aware of this but Gold Coast are getting another PP this year (pick 19) which I think stinks.

If Adelaide didn't ask for one last year, I do not believe North are justified in asking for one either..

BTW I am not sure if anyone else is aware of this but Gold Coast are getting another PP this year (pick 19) which I think stinks.

They were awarded it 2 years ago, I think everyone is aware of it.

That pick is frozen and still under review. The AFL hasn't officially stated they are keeping it.

I'd expect the AFL to rescind it given they have finished above this year bottom 2 sides for 2 straight seasons and they haven't received one. But I'm not holding my breath.

If they get a priority pick it's down to Hobart or Launceston.

Launceston has York park, a nice, boutique stadium holds only 21k. It might suit their current membership base. Are they going to get more members? Not sure

Blundstone arena in Hobart is also a nice, boutique stadium and holds 20k. The proposed Macquarie stadium would hold 30k, would come in useful if they are counting the second heads.

Agree. Lock it away.

Noble and Matty Nicks are both doing very well. North have been fun to watch in the second half of the season.

What is north’s % and win rate for the past 14 games? Probably would be up there in terms of wooden spooners.

North have been a tougher out than many other sides late in the year. Would have to be one of the best wooden spoon sides over that period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back