North Melbourne's salary cap?

Remove this Banner Ad

we are going to front load both Hall and Polecs deal, so in 2020 they will be on much less
and also front load any other recruits so that we have even more space next year if we cant land a big fish this year, rinse and repeat until a big fish finally comes

untill then we just keep clubs honest and upping their offers which helps us in the long run

and also front load any other recruits so that we have even more space next year if we cant land a big fish this year, rinse and repeat until a big fish finally comes

untill then we just keep clubs honest and upping their offers which helps us in the long run

If you keep 'front loading' year on year you just end up paying players more money. You get that, right?

Meanwhile the 'honest' clubs are performing better.

we'll front load polec and hall and any other recruit so they take up the space next year then the following year we can reload
You can only have a maximum of $630K currently to play with. That's assuming you are only paying 95% of the cap. This isn't as easy as just as front loading a couple of recruits. Some of your players must have backloaded contracts too.

You can only have a maximum of $630K currently to play with. That's assuming you are only paying 95% of the cap. This isn't as easy as just as front loading a couple of recruits. Some of your players must have backloaded contracts too.
We haven’t backloaded anyone, we struggle to meet the min each year which would be partly due to the front loading to meet the min each year and cycle continues until someone absorbs the money and we can stop front loading

I'm sure you would have put a big tick next to Sam Durdin when you drafted him too. Pity he wont be on an AFL list in 2020. Actually hard to believe he is still on one now

Is this supposed to be your big "touche" moment or something?

Just a moderate footy fan who doesn't count chickens until they hatch. Wasn't convinced we were actually premiers until the final siren sounded. Not convinced we'll get Kelly, Lobb or any other player we're currently linked to.

There were plenty of like minded people saying (for some time) that a collection of North fans actually had SFA inside info and not to get too carried away about 'done deal' Gaff after Martin, Kelly, De Goey etc. but said collection of fans persisted, and in fact continue to persist. I admire your optimism but at least recognise that is what it is.
You seem very keen to me. 43,000 odd posts.

Do you mean moderate in the sense of someone who is not completely one eyed ?

You seem very keen to me. 43,000 odd posts.

Do you mean moderate in the sense of someone who is not completely one eyed ?

The latter.

I'm not one to crow about things that haven't happened. Two minutes to go in the Grand Final and we were set to spend the next 6 months ruing wasted chances. One iconic play, one set shot and we are premiers.

People get all kinds of carried away on this board, it's quite entertaining. Gaff wasn't a done deal, nor was Martin, nor was or is Kelly. But the same people keep talking about said players with absolute certainty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back