Racing October Daily Punt: Plates / Cups and Corona Virus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Zeyrek can win on Saturday and sneak his way into the Cup field. Who knows perhaps he can do a Maluckyday

Hopefully Zeyrek can win on Saturday and sneak his way into the Cup field. Who knows perhaps he can do a Maluckyday

Look forward to him winning the Tatts Cup by 1.2 lengths and copping a 2.5kg penalty

If any of the others were any good then Grand Promenade wouldn't have won. Open handicapper at best.

Grand Promenade has had 7 starts over 2400m or more and won 5 of them. He is a good horse and deserves a spot in the cup. He will be competitive, and I think would be in a year with more internationals too.

Grand Promenade has had 7 starts over 2400m or more and won 5 of them. He is a good horse and deserves a spot in the cup. He will be competitive, and I think would be in a year with more internationals too.
Mate he's a winter stayer who has not even started at Gp1 or Gp2 level.

To suggest he will be competitive with the fav is a very poor take, and to further suggest he would still be competitive if all the internationals came is a horrific take.

To suggest he will be competitive with the fav is a very poor take, and to further suggest he would still be competitive if all the internationals came is a horrific take.

Grand Promenade was a 2.5 lengths off Nonconformist in a high rating naturalism after having a terrible run. You can call him a winter stayer, but so was Persan last year. I'd see a similar run for Grand Promenade this year. He is progressive improving stayer trained by great trainers of staying horses.

Who cares if he hasnt started at group 1 or group 2 level yet? Do you think he wouldn't be in the market for the Sydney Cup? Adelaide Cup?

Grand Promenade was a 2.5 lengths off Nonconformist in a high rating naturalism after having a terrible run. You can call him a winter stayer, but so was Persan last year. I'd see a similar run for Grand Promenade this year. He is progressive improving stayer trained by great trainers of staying horses.

Who cares if he hasnt started at group 1 or group 2 level yet? Do you think he wouldn't be in the market for the Sydney Cup? Adelaide Cup?

Sure - so he can run 5th beaten 2.5 lengths

Well done sir I'm genuinely confused if this is tongue in cheek or a legitimate statement given the ROF and GP love early days in comparison to Incent.

If it didn't start with "mate" i'd be confident of the latter.

Which is competitive i would have thought...

FFS this is a punting board not the ribbons forum - have they introduced first 5s?

Lets face it - 80% of the field can finish top 5 beaten 2.5 lengths if things go right - that doesn't mean they are competitive.

FFS this is a punting board not the ribbons forum - have they introduced first 5s?

Lets face it - 80% of the field can finish top 5 beaten 2.5 lengths if things go right - that doesn't mean they are competitive.
This.

Happy to concede the stars align to perfection he can run 5th.

So somewhere between 5th and 20th

Rubbish. If you think a horse can run top 5 beaten a couple lengths then you obviously think he can be competitive. The bloke wasn't declaring him the obvious moral just that he could be in the finish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish. If you think a horse can run top 5 beaten a couple lengths then you obviously think he can be competitive. The bloke wasn't declaring him the obvious moral just that he could be in the finish

In that case 80% of the field is competitive - yay!

If you can see him running top 5 then you can see him being competitive in the race

Semantics - absolutely tons of horses can finish 5th that are very little chance of winning. Didn't Great House finish 5th on Saturday?

Hey im not the one potting a bloke for simply saying he could be competitive as if he has made some laughably horrendous take

Well on a punting board most would have thought means competitive means a chance of winning - apologies for misunderstanding. In that case I agree - the horse can run in the race and if things go right could finish 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back