`official' dummy spitting thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked about 33,000 going by our other crowd figures this year. Its good that our crowds are up over the 30k mark this year but the way we are going people are gonna drop off again.

Yeah the minute silence was probably the most pathetic thing ive witnessed. How difficult is it to stay quiet for a minute (not even a minute...they are usually about 35 seconds). Someone started and about 500 other ****************s followed. idiots.

One last thing, Choco love you to death, but please truth or no truth, quit with the injuires, suspensions and players underdone comments to the media. Port fans understand, as for the rest of the AFL supporters, they dont count and most couldn't care less. Stick to what you have to work with, we don't pay for you to make it easy. Life and football throws up these challengers and we know you are good enough to get us through this point of time.

PJ Power said:
Francou - just kick the ball. How many possible clearances are held up by his refusal to kick the ball forward.

When we get to hope for either a poor handpass to a player under pressure or a blind snap to a nest of opposition players, i'm not sure which to prefer.

Macca19 said:
Looked about 33,000 going by our other crowd figures this year. Its good that our crowds are up over the 30k mark this year but the way we are going people are gonna drop off again.

Yeah the minute silence was probably the most pathetic thing ive witnessed. How difficult is it to stay quiet for a minute (not even a minute...they are usually about 35 seconds). Someone started and about 500 other ****************s followed. idiots.

Some idiot yelled 'kill the turks' near me, during the silence. Promptly told to stop being an arse.

wishbone said:
Some idiot yelled 'kill the turks' near me, during the silence. Promptly told to stop being an arse.

The behaviour during the last post/minutes silence was disgraceful. I was disgusted on the night but I was even more disgusted too hear it happen again at the Telstra Dome tonight. It is not difficult too keep silent for the 3 minutes that the tribute lasted it shows a complete lack of maturity. Not too mention a lack of respect for those who have made our current lifestyle possible thru their ultimate sacrifice. :mad:

Just on the kickouts. If you watch the grand final, we had it set up with Wakes and another player right on the boundary line against the outrider of the Lions zone. The kick was quick to Wakes. The other player would 'contest' against the Lions opposition leaving Wakes for an easy mark. Would like to see that again.

I just got frustrated when Geelong would take it out of that centre so easily it happened so often!
That certainly was a free kick to Tredrea against Scarlett, but I guess it should have never have got to that.
On a positive note it was good to see Walsh playing well, I like this bloke he fits into our team perfectly also Dew has really improved this year. He does alot more than he used to!

I disagree that it should never have got to that positon where the game was going to be decided in the last 30 secs. Some games go to the wire but if a free kick is there it should be paid.

After watching Scarlett and the way he defends I find it amazing that there are not more frees against him, he just seems to infringe all the time. I am not saying that he is the only defender that does this but he just seems to try to stop the forward getting the ball by holding the man and does not try to get the ball. I guess I am still puzzled as to why there was no free so watched it all again.

I know that things are getting better and that people are only bagging us because were the premiers but shut up already!!!!!!!!!!
We are only just loosing and if you look at where a lot of our goals and run come from you have to think that we are gonna get down to business this week against Richmond and I can't wait.
There were stacks of injuries when we played Adelaide and we haven't been far off the mark since we got some of them back.
No thanks to the bloody tribunal, Choppy will be back this week and let's hope he has a nice big "look out" chip on his shoulder.

missionpossible said:
Two seasons without a game. Coming back from that type of thing is always hard. If you spoke to Josh the first thing he would say is he cant beleive how much quicker the game is now than 2 years ago. This is a combination of him being slower and the game getting quicker.

I am of the opinion for every 3 weeks one misses it takes one week to find your footing. So by this josh missed about 50 games of football so it will tak him 17 games to pick it up again, so that would make it about round 12.

BUMP

just thought I would big note myself whilst I have a chance.

josh francou's games in round 12 and 13. Was i right???????

Josh seems to be being used differently just of late, playing a little forward of the ball and spending more time up forward.

He has been rather handy up forward as well which is quite different to his early years at the Power. I think this comes a lot from the delivery of the ball and the players around him so he probably now shows a lot more confidence in those around him rather than having to rush his kicks.

It will however be interesting to see if his demeanour changes when he and others don't win the ball, I think he is turning the corner but I won't go as far to say he is there yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Porthos said in another thread - if Choco had used Francou from the start of the season as he is now, there wouldn't have been nearly as many complaints.

We are all glad to see Francou returning to form. It doesn't matter if he's BOG from each round from now on though. Doesn't change he was a liability to the side earlier in the season and should have come back through the SANFL.

That said in the last two weeks we've played two sides full of kids that are going to finish bottom eight, if not bottom four. The next two rounds will give a more realistic indication of how our season is likely to finish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back