Official Swans Board Trade Period Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy about this news. A big strength of our team now will be to have players like McGlynn, TDL, Jude Bolton, McVeigh and Morton have the ability to bob up and kick 3 goals a game.

If we can get Walsh, I'd count this as a VERY successful trade period.

Armstrong gives us a bit of dash and is a very neat kick. Morton gives us a nice spread across the fwd line with Reid, McGlynn, White, TDL, et al all capable.

Losing LJ might of been a loss but I don't see him being any better than Armstrong in the longer term.

If we can get Walsh, I'd count this as a VERY successful trade period.

Armstrong gives us a bit of dash and is a very neat kick. Morton gives us a nice spread across the fwd line with Reid, McGlynn, White, TDL, et al all capable.

Losing LJ might of been a loss but I don't see him being any better than Armstrong in the longer term.

I dont think anyone's unhappy about getting Armstrong, but the point is LJ played in a position where we are extremely lacking. So it's not just a matter of comparing players. If we can get Walsh it may soften the blow of losing LJ, and while there's no guarantees he can fill that position at FF, it gives us hope again.

Question:
Walsh is out of contract I believe. Can we trade up with GWS to get a higher pick in the PSD, and convince Walsh to nominate so we can snaffle him there?

Really putting ourselves in a tough spot with our tall forwards. Would have loved to have snaffled Walsh but it looks like that is pretty unlikely now so we'll have to rely on at least one of Spangher, Pyke, Jesse to step up and be a constant focal point alongside Reid.

If we are indeed done with getting players, I will be very interested to see if we can offload any of Seaby, Moore, Bevan over the next hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well swans could always tell walsh to go for the main draft, and pick him up with maybe pick 43, or something, they could always try to influence st kilda if they can convince walsh...i.e if you dont give him up..he'll go to the draft n you'll get nothing, so you might as well give him to us now...not sure how game walsh is to go for the draft considering other clubs have shown interest

From the live blog on Fox Sports

1245: John Clark says: Plenty of questions coming in, just can't get to them all. I can tell you the Tony Armstrong deal is yet to be done, Josh Caddy is still waiting on some movement from the Suns on his future. Melbourne might have jumped into that race.

We are still owed a pick from that deal remember

1245: John Clark says: Plenty of questions coming in, just can't get to them all. I can tell you the Tony Armstrong deal is yet to be done, Josh Caddy is still waiting on some movement from the Suns on his future. Melbourne might have jumped into that race.

Paraphased "The Armstrong trade has yet to have it's paperwork officially submitted but is still to proceeed", I asked Mr Clark earlier.

"1052: Warwick of Sydney says: I note you haven't listed the Swans-Adelaide trade as yet, is it not official?
John Clark says: Hey Warwick, the clubs have agreed to deal on Armstrong and Johnston but until the paperwork is lodged with the AFL we aren't listing it as a done deal. Better to be safe than sorry. Same goes for Mitch Clark's move to Melbourne, although pick No.12 for the Lions has been agreed on.
"

I assume it means in terms of what pick we get, not the trade itself.

Paraphased "The Armstrong trade has yet to have it's paperwork officially submitted but is still to proceeed", I asked Mr Clark earlier.

"1052: Warwick of Sydney says: I note you haven't listed the Swans-Adelaide trade as yet, is it not official?
John Clark says: Hey Warwick, the clubs have agreed to deal on Armstrong and Johnston but until the paperwork is lodged with the AFL we aren't listing it as a done deal. Better to be safe than sorry. Same goes for Mitch Clark's move to Melbourne, although pick No.12 for the Lions has been agreed on.
"

If the paperwork isnt submitted, it means the deal isnt done, but possibly just a formality. We would get to keep LJ. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back