Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. Like that single line was were you left it. You demanded proof and when I said i didn’t really care you got very excited and demanded satisfaction.

The lesson learned is don’t let others detract from main issues by dragging you down into a pointless discussion about a minor point while they ignore the real issues you spoke about

Didn't care or didn't have any (proof that is)? I'd say the lesson is ensure you can back up your claims before firing off then deflecting to vague statements such as "main issues".

Carlton would be silly not to offer up their first pick. Building their midfield around Cripps and Wines would be a start in the right direction.
No chance Carlton are all in on lukosius

Then they will be stuck in the vicious cycle for a lot longer.
And this is the vicious cycle of Must Get Pick 1

I agree Lukosius looks to be an all round talent that has the ability to play 200 games of very high level football. But gee an opportunity to get a prime midfielder , ready to go right now is also tempting.

I agree Lukosius looks to be an all round talent that has the ability to play 200 games of very high level football. But gee an opportunity to get a prime midfielder , ready to go right now is also tempting.
They already had one in Gibbs getting wines would win them a few more games but still not good enough. Makes more sense for them to draft lukosius who looks a generational talent and go hard at josh Kelly etc in 2 years

They already had one in Gibbs getting wines would win them a few more games but still not good enough. Makes more sense for them to draft lukosius who looks a generational talent and go hard at josh Kelly etc in 2 years
They stil need to go hard at someone in the midfield. There’s no point at having Lukosius if he’s just going to get clobbered every weekend because it sure as hell isn’t working for Weitering.

Whoever gets lukosius is really putting 3 years of develooment into him before he requests a trade back to play with the crows. They are all over him but know they don't have the currency for him at the moment in this draft

If he does leave then he has been getting horrible advice on what to say from his management.

It's all been (paraphrasing) 'supporters have no need to worry' ' I want to be captain of Port Adelaide' 'I will be signing sooner rather than later'

He isn't going anywhere.

Wines is a far better target than Sloane. Would expect his price to be a lot higher. Sloane the back up option.

Ultimately though, history shows it's all in the hands of the player.

When they nominate a club, they get there, and not always at a fair price.

Technically you can, you'd just need to find a way to trade another first round pick either this year or next to satisfy the 4 year rolling window.
As it stands now, we won't be able to. So, if he nominates Essendon, expect a first and a second, or maybe a first and a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah bugger.

For some reason I was convinced he was.
Believe me I'd love it if he were. Imagine getting both him and Sloane as FA's XD.

Whoever gets lukosius is really putting 3 years of develooment into him before he requests a trade back to play with the crows. They are all over him but know they don't have the currency for him at the moment in this draft
Ok who will you trade to get us 2 first rounders?

Sloane?

We heard the same about Ryan Burton

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If carlton took him and then he wanted a trade back we would get back more than we paid for him

The same things were being said about Bryce Gibbs in his draft year but it took the crows until he was 29 and still had to give up 2 x 1st rounders to get him over.

To me that sounds like a pretty good deal if you could have him for 10 years then get 2 1st rounders

I’d be down for that -

SOS loves trading with the Crows!

Know people at the club?

We've gone to the draft for 3 years and paid minimum TPP over that time. Would be more than happy to trade an early pick for an established mid entering their prime (23-25).

Would probably prefer to put up our 2019 1st rounder, given the top-end talent available, but no deal should be ruled out.

What's the likelihood of that opportunity eventuating? Essentially nil. Wines could feasibly return to Victoria to join a contender but he`s not going to join a rebuild.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back