Opinion On field leadership for 2017 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Boak like Ken have one last year to prove themselves... I still think Boak is not really the man for the job, but I fail to see who would replace him. Wines needs a couple more years without the burden. Unfortunately we don't really have a player that ticks all the boxes.
I think we should go hard for Fyfe, and offer him the captaincy for 2018...

C: Boak
VC: Wines
Other Leaders: Ebert, Trengove, Pittard, Wingard*

*Was initially thinking Hombsch to round out the 6 man leadership group but I think we need a forward presence in the group but are a bit thin for options up there (and there is no way I want Westhoff anywhere near our leadership group next year!). Wingard is obviously the next generation and I think he could be a good on-field leader, not sure he would want the extra off-field responsibilities though but right now we need on-field leaders more than anything!

I've always got a lot of leadership vibes from Jasper. I everyone is automatically assuming that Wines will be our next captain, i rate pittard a smokey.

But i'm scared to give anyone the VC role, it has negatively impacted on the form of of the last few incumbents.

Can anyone tell me whose brainwave the eight-man leadership group was, and what was the stated rationale behind it.

Was it meant to be an on-field leadership group only, or was broader experimentation involved?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back