News On this day 10 years ago ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Not quite ten years ago but on the morning of our first pre-season match of 2016 -- in 2006 we faced the Tigers (Feb 25th 2006).

It was Brent Guerra's first hit out for the club ... and I do like the gold V.

3712264_orig.jpg

9348255_orig.jpg

782597_orig.jpg

Goo >>>>>>> Duryea

We'll at this point in time anyway

Yep. Early days. I'd reduce the number of >s, too. Duryea has been a fine replacement for Goo so far...guts, tough, quick thinking, generally a good kick and can ram it home from 50. And he helped us get into the granny last year...was solid in the granny, too.

He had a bit of a stinker last night...NAB Challenge FFS.

Goo >>>>>>> Duryea

We'll at this point in time anyway
I don't think it's as clear cut as you've put it. Duryea is starting his seventh season as an established member of our best 22. Guerra' seventh season started at his third club and serious questions being asked about his career, his versatility and where we could play him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh, I miss the Sheedy ranting after a loss, coming up with umpteenth excuses as to how they really should have won, coz like they're the better team but there were some missed opportunities at goal and their money making ANZAC day performance meant a short turnaround, but the tides weren't helping one bit and the angle of the sun in the last quarter was unjustly biased towards Hawthorn... etc, etc, etc.

I think maybe they just needed a better coach?

Ahh, I miss the Sheedy ranting after a loss, coming up with umpteenth excuses as to how they really should have won, coz like they're the better team but there were some missed opportunities at goal and their money making ANZAC day performance meant a short turnaround, but the tides weren't helping one bit and the angle of the sun in the last quarter was unjustly biased towards Hawthorn... etc, etc, etc.

Would have been a bit of it in 2006 , from memory I think they only won three games for the year.

Sounds like the third Scott twin...

On this day THIRTY years ago !

Hawthorn 36.15 231 defeated Fitzroy 11.8 74
Best: Platten, Ayres, Pritchard, Jarman, Allan, Hudson, Dunstall
Goals: D.Jarman, B.Allan 7

Venue: North Hobart, 28/4/1991
Ladder Position: 5th
Reserves: Fitzroy defeated Hawthorn by 42 points

8236728.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back