List Mgmt. Operation : Bloody get Rankine

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne finishing bottom five has defied those odds you've given on a fairly regular basis.

2013 & 2014 the Dees finished 17th
2015 - 13th
2016 - 11th
2017 - 9th

They have been improving their list and ladder position over the last 3 years. With the talent they have it would take a monumental backwards fade, baring wholesale injuries, for them to be in the bottom 5.

As long as they finish below Port in 2018, i'll be happy.

Rozee is a gun as well. Kinda like a Robbie Grey.
But Rankine is something else.

No doubt Rankine is the far superior prospect. But going forward as a team, what would you rather out of interest.

Lukosious and Rozee vs Rankine.

Hard to pass up on that first option if we can make it happen somehow. That's more so my point, we shouldn't (and I'm sure the club wont be) blinded by Rankine's brilliance. IF he continues on this trajectory, then its hard not to see him going in the top 3-5, unless he tanks interviews or something of the sort.

But Rozee and Luko are also some of the better, if not best SA prospects we've seen for a while and look seriously good. If Rankine is unobtainable, then I'd still be absolutely stoked to nab those two. At this rate, would most likely require 2 picks inside the 6-12 range I think (no expert). Given what we have available in picks for 2018, and using our 2019 first I think we could make this happen, at least it would be much easier than selling the farm to get a top 3 pick if that's what was required for Izak.

2015 - 13th
2016 - 11th
2017 - 9th

They have been improving their list and ladder position over the last 3 years. With the talent they have it would take a monumental backwards fade, baring wholesale injuries, for them to be in the bottom 5.

Agree it would be unlikely, but they're notorious consumers of large quantities of bathwater - a few injuries and we'll see.

No doubt Rankine is the far superior prospect. But going forward as a team, what would you rather out of interest.

Hard to pass up on that first option if we can make it happen somehow. That's more so my point, we shouldn't (and I'm sure the club wont be) blinded by Rankine's brilliance. IF he continues on this trajectory, then its hard not to see him going in the top 3-5, unless he tanks interviews or something of the sort.

But Rozee and Luko are also some of the better, if not best SA prospects we've seen for a while and look seriously good. If Rankine is unobtainable, then I'd still be absolutely stoked to nab those two. At this rate, would most likely require 2 picks inside the 6-12 range I think (no expert). Given what we have available in picks for 2018, and using our 2019 first I think we could make this happen, at least it would be much easier than selling the farm to get a top 3 pick if that's what was required for Izak.
So much to play out still

Not inconceivable Rozee comes on and leapfrogs them but I'd have my money on lukoscious - a key position forward that has already kicked 4 goals in a senior final

Going to be a fun year to follow the draft , even people with no interest usually may be interested

Could be wrong, but they may have mysteriously vanished.

Lol they may have, I seem to recall many were directed at you? But I quoted a couple of them for posterity ;)

I just don’t why he/she keeps saying “i’ll Back my record” when the only proper response is ‘what record?’

was also a founding member of the Jonty is a 1st rounder squad :p

2015 - 13th
2016 - 11th
2017 - 9th

Port to defeat Melbourne in the grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Rankine, but Lukosius is on the same level as him as a prospect at the moment. It's not currently a contest of Lukosius and Rozee vs Rankine, because there's no chance in hell, as it stands, that we'd get both of the former.

Lukosius could end up being the best KPF prospect in the last 10 years by this time next year. Could

I love Rankine, but Lukosius is on the same level as him as a prospect at the moment. It's not currently a contest of Lukosius and Rozee vs Rankine, because there's no chance in hell, as it stands, that we'd get both of the former.

Lukosius could end up being the best KPF prospect in the last 10 years by this time next year. Could
Think Saints #12

pNz1RK.jpg

So much to play out still

Not inconceivable Rozee comes on and leapfrogs them but I'd have my money on lukoscious - a key position forward that has already kicked 4 goals in a senior final

Going to be a fun year to follow the draft , even people with no interest usually may be interested
With all the focus on the ‘Super Draft’ I feel like we are going to see some pretty lopsided trades happen next trade period. As much as I want one or 2 of these guys our recruiting team might end up with some incredible FA options in front of them next year that they will need to consider...

With all the focus on the ‘Super Draft’ I feel like we are going to see some pretty lopsided trades happen next trade period. As much as I want one or 2 of these guys our recruiting team might end up with some incredible FA options in front of them next year that they will need to consider...
Interesting point. Let's take a best-case scenario in terms of our current list - admittedly unlikely that all of these will happen, but....

Gallucci & Poholke come on nicely and are going to be first choices in 2019.
Jarman's ready.
Fogarty likewise.
Ben Davis - tick.
Edwards - tick.
Milera - tick.
Add in 1-2 more of our 2016 & 2017 draftees if you like.
Gibbs is looking good for another couple of years.
Players like Douglas and Mackay are relegated to depth but still serviceable.

In such a scenario, we're faced with - what is it - 3 picks in the top 20? Or a gun 26-27 year old free agent.
If our yoof really does do that well, then maybe a FA trade looks attractive. Or trading up in the draft to get one of our prime targets.
Melts on BF perhaps if we trade away any or our "draft warchest" but ....

I’m thinking about it

It's what he'll cost mate.

I figure the Crows will end up with a couple of picks in the 13(Melbourne) and 16(Adelaide) category next year, and that alone won't get you one of the top 3 picks.

Could be wrong, but they may have mysteriously vanished.

Yes it seems that they have!

Can you think of how Cleric might have deleted these posts, because he claims he never saw all the return fire posts?

He’d have no reason to want to erase a very embarrassing affair would he? Not when as far as he knows he got away it, with no challenges coming back and all?

Or maybe Cleric is denying how huge melts about wanting to bet all and everyone until he got called out? Perhaps he’d like to comment

Oh well, good thing I quoted a few of his posts for posterity. Can’t delete those :p

Yes it seems that they have!

Can you think of how Cleric might have deleted these posts, because he claims he never saw all the return fire posts?

He’d have no reason to want to erase a very embarrassing affair would he? Not when as far as he knows he got away it, with no challenges coming back and all?

Or maybe Cleric is denying how huge melts about wanting to bet all and everyone until he got called out? Perhaps he’d like to comment

Oh well, good thing I quoted a few of his posts for posterity. Can’t delete those :p
Wasn't sure if I was just a lazy searcher, so glad you can confirm. Reckon it may extend past the posts you have searched for too just quietly.

Also, I now realise why "go show me a post where I said x" gets trotted out so often.

Last edited:
It's what he'll cost mate.

I figure the Crows will end up with a couple of picks in the 13(Melbourne) and 16(Adelaide) category next year, and that alone won't get you one of the top 3 picks.
I agree, my value for money brain hates the idea of 3 x 1st rounders for anyone. But Rankine’s highlights as a 16 year old against grown men are hard to ignore. Give me 10 months and I’ll have an answer for you. Maybe

I agree, my value for money brain hates the idea of 3 x 1st rounders for anyone. But Rankine’s highlights as a 16 year old against grown men are hard to ignore. Give me 10 months and I’ll have an answer for you. Maybe

Compensation for Sloane (17?) thrown in, with a 3rd round pick coming back to the Crows, would probably get a deal for Lukosius or Rankine done.

I think the Crows are fast approaching the time for another mini rebuild, particularly if Sloane departs, and they won't get many better opportunities than the 2018 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back