Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah.. i forgot about stengle too.. i had hoped he’d get one last chance but it doesnt sound good at this point..

So we could have two spots.. stengle’s and milera if he is put on the LTI list..

Even if we're able to give Stengle the boot, would we be allowed to actually delist him at this point? Or would we have to keep him on the list until the end of the season? And if we can actually delist him now, will paying out his contract (to end of 2022, I think it is) affect our ability to pick up another player from a salary cap point of view?

Even if we're able to give Stengle the boot, would we be allowed to actually delist him at this point? Or would we have to keep him on the list until the end of the season? And if we can actually delist him now, will paying out his contract (to end of 2022, I think it is) affect our ability to pick up another player from a salary cap point of view?
I dont have the answers to this to be honest.

But its yet another disaster waiting to happen.. you just know that no matter what happens the people in charge of our club will completely stuff it up and it will cost the club.

The lad should be serving another 4 game ban on top of his initial 4 games.. and then returning back into the side in my opinion.

But no.. the people running our club will probably pay him out of the salary cap and keep him on the list, filling up a list spot, simply to look like they are taking the moral high ground in the eyes of the apricot slice brigade.

He’s a contracted player.. they cant just delist him.. they can stop him from playing and training with the club but, if he tells them “sorry, * off, im not accepting a payout” they cant do anything.. and the fact that its taken so long for the club to announce anything regarding his future tells you that its currently in a stalemate..

the AFL and AFLPA have probably told the club they cant sack the lad and rightfully so.. there is a three strikes policy when it comes to recreational drug use.. he has been caught once and been photographed near a plate with white powder at a party in another incident.

Thats not three strikes so if they went to court over any unfair dismissal.. he would easily win the case. The AFL’s own policy says he cant be dismissed.

Went to the West South trial last night.
Horne is such a talent. He has a burst of speed which just gets him out of trouble and his work in traffic is sublime.
Such a nice size for a midfielder. He didn't dominate but still stood out and his greatest asset is work rate.
It was a trial match so nothing on the line but the moment you see him move, his balance, vision and skills are so apparent.

Horne is such a talent. He has a burst of speed which just gets him out of trouble and his work in traffic is sublime.
Such a nice size for a midfielder. He didn't dominate but still stood out and his greatest asset is work rate.
It was a trial match so nothing on the line but the moment you see him move, his balance, vision and skills are so apparent.
Mid season draft surely

Biggest asset is workrate ?? That's more of the same of what we have drafted lately......

Luckily I knew what you meant lol

I dont have the answers to this to be honest.

But its yet another disaster waiting to happen.. you just know that no matter what happens the people in charge of our club will completely stuff it up and it will cost the club.

The lad should be serving another 4 game ban on top of his initial 4 games.. and then returning back into the side in my opinion.

But no.. the people running our club will probably pay him out of the salary cap and keep him on the list, filling up a list spot, simply to look like they are taking the moral high ground in the eyes of the apricot slice brigade.

He’s a contracted player.. they cant just delist him.. they can stop him from playing and training with the club but, if he tells them “sorry, fu** off, im not accepting a payout” they cant do anything.. and the fact that its taken so long for the club to announce anything regarding his future tells you that its currently in a stalemate..

the AFL and AFLPA have probably told the club they cant sack the lad and rightfully so.. there is a three strikes policy when it comes to recreational drug use.. he has been caught once and been photographed near a plate with white powder at a party in another incident.

Thats not three strikes so if they went to court over any unfair dismissal.. he would easily win the case. The AFL’s own policy says he cant be dismissed.
Swans delisted that Covid breaker before the draft (from Perth, forget his name) with another year to go on his contract so we can do the same to free up a spot.

Can't wait to watch this guy play this year knowing we're a very good chance to be able to take him. He's the exact player we've been crying out for (for a long time).

How did Bryce go, haven't been able to get on to my Panther mate for a match report yet?

Can't wait to watch this guy play this year knowing we're a very good chance to be able to take him. He's the exact player we've been crying out for (for a long time).
Super talent. We need to hope that a few of those very highly rated vic mids perform this year as that might take the pull away from horne a bit from any low finishing vic clubs. In saying that if we finish bottom 4 and there are some top end vic mids we will get a great piece of the puzzle no matter what should horne be gone by our pick

Super talent. We need to hope that a few of those very highly rated vic mids perform this year as that might take the pull away from horne a bit from any low finishing vic clubs. In saying that if we finish bottom 4 and there are some top end vic mids we will get a great piece of the puzzle no matter what should horne be gone by our pick
Yeah I'm open to players from other states. Sounds like there are a few who have similar talent to Horne. Hopefully they can play a lot of footy this year too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a Tassie lad to keep a very critical eye on as well Sam Banks and a SA lad that's hardly been mentioned in dispatches yet Lewis Rayson.
My smokey this far out is Mid/utility Charlie Molan, we do love us a ranga.

There's a Tassie lad to keep a very critical eye on as well Sam Banks and a SA lad that's hardly been mentioned in dispatches yet Lewis Rayson.
My smokey this far out is Mid/utility Charlie Moran, we do love us a ranga.
Stay clear of Tassie talent surely. Likely to be a team in 5 years time and would be a wasted talent getting poached.

Hope we don't make it too obvious
Thats a concern.

I saw a tennis game once that I felt it was too obvious.

6c4fb14a697749ba-coming-soon-tank-football-event-announcements-world.gif

Hopefully we dont win too many games and get a premium mid like Horne.
I've highlighted in red the games I think we will win.

Geelong AO
Sydney SCG
Gold Coast AO
North Marv
Freo AO
Hawthorn Laun
Giants AO
Port AO
West Coast Opt
Melbourne AO
Richmond MCG
Collingwood AO
ST KIlda Cairns
BYE
Carlton Marv
Brisbane AO
Essendon Marv
West Coast AO
Bulldogs Mars
Hawthorn AO
Port AO
Melbourne MCG
North AO

Hopefully we dont win too many games and get a premium mid like Horne.
I've highlighted in red the games I think we will win.

Geelong AO
Sydney SCG
Gold Coast AO
North Marv
Freo AO
Hawthorn Laun
Giants AO
Port AO
West Coast Opt
Melbourne AO
Richmond MCG
Collingwood AO
ST KIlda Cairns
BYE
Carlton Marv
Brisbane AO
Essendon Marv
West Coast AO
Bulldogs Mars
Hawthorn AO
Port AO
Melbourne MCG
North AO
The last game against North could be... interesting.

Back