No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a s**t time to be interviewed too imo, straight after a game where they are still going through the emotion of the game rather than thinking about something half interesting to say in the interview. Most people would struggle to know what to say being put on the spot after a game like that.

Also, most AFL players just aren't interesting people either I guess.

Fair point, in the immediate post-game, but they also don’t say anything interesting half-an-hour, three days, or six weeks later. They all just sound like boring businessmen in football jumpers.

Did you get this statistic from somewhere or are you making s**t up?
Its a fair indication. Maybeb its not 50% but there is a substantial cohort in my opinion. When was the last time you sat at a game and talked to members who were fed up?

When was the last time you looked at twitter polls on this exact issue? Or even the statements here in umpiring. Maybe read the wider room, it's pretty evident.

There's alot of stuff being alleged as being made up or tinfoil hat wearing type stuff.

Funnily enough alot of it is coming true.

Maybe people should keep an open mind rather than auto-jumping asking for technical proof on a number. The precise number is not the point.

some here think we are conspiracy theorists
They are afraid of contemplating or even confronting reality as its easier to self preserve by putting up a facade through labelling others as tinfoil hat wearers or chicken littles.

They don't want to believe it's true because i think they perhaps don't have the relevant set of coping mechanisms.

And they don't even realise.

Being set in one's thinking in a rapidly changing reality seldom ends well.

Last edited:

Its a fair indication. Maybeb its not 50% but there is a substantial cohort in my opinion. When was the last time you sat at a game and talked to members who were fed up?

When was the last time you looked at twitter polls on this exact issue? Or even the statements here in umpiring. Maybe read the wider room, it's pretty evident.

There's alot of stuff being alleged as being made up or tinfoil hat wearing type stuff.

Funnily enough alot of it is coming true.

Maybe people should keep an open mind rather than auto-jumping asking for technical proof on a number. The precise number is not the point.

My post was mostly tongue in cheek, sorry.

Nah, I've for a while thought umps do influence games, but mine was more that I think umpires typically give soft frees to teams that are struggling which turns the mommentum of the game.

Starting to believe the ump crusade against us stuff as well. I dunno if its conscious, probably more just an unconscious bias against us.

Nah, I've for a while thought umps do influence games, but mine was more that I think umpires typically give soft frees to teams that are struggling which turns the mommentum of the game.

Starting to believe the ump crusade against us stuff as well. I dunno if its conscious, probably more just an unconscious bias against us.
Fair enough. Thanks for your honesty and apologies for getting on my high horse. It's just really grinds my gears as an issue.

It’s uncanny how often, just when the margin starts to blow out, the umpires find a soft free for the team that’s getting beaten

It’s uncanny how often, just when the margin starts to blow out, the umpires find a soft free for the team that’s getting beaten

Except when it’s Richmond getting beaten. In the game against Carlton at the start of the last quarter I said out loud ‘Ok watch us get reamed for the rest of the match’ and sure enough that’s what happened.

I used to think it was just me perhaps being a bad loser (which I am) but it happens all the time and all of you notice it too, so I can’t be imagining things.

Except when it’s Richmond getting beaten. In the game against Carlton at the start of the last quarter I said out loud ‘Ok watch us get reamed for the rest of the match’ and sure enough that’s what happened.

I used to think it was just me perhaps being a bad loser (which I am) but it happens all the time and all of you notice it too, so I can’t be imagining things.

True that. The absurd free against Broad in the Suns game, for instance, was a nail in the coffin.

I used to think our supporters a couple of years ago were sooking too much, & maybe they were all clubs think they get robbed, I tried not to buy into it but last year & this year we have been umpired different.

its an afl directive

they used the hub and balmey going off his rocker at the umps as inspiration . the league went full corrupto becuase of the lost dollars during china virus era

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I go to every game and I’m not going anymore until the club calls it out .
I sajd this another post to go against the afl or say stuff and they make sure you cop it . I mean even Caro said it herself to the AFL hated Richmond after the hub
So the 2020 hub , then Balme having a go at umps at pre season training , then add to that Dan Richardson head of umpires was sacked by the RFC , I 100% believe we are reamed weekly because we are hated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back